Daveys of Launceston

I must know some of you on this thread you know. I know the idea is altogether terrifying for you but there you go.

Anyone know if John Davey is still driving for Colin? Not seen him since his Murfitts days. I know he went back and drove the yellow Foden but I have been out of the local area for a while now…

hi there my name is simon im new to your forum and i can help you i drive for intercounty distribution in launceston ,i worked for colin davey and you have a pic of my saviem with black adder on the grill,that truck has been the only truck ive driven that was columb gear change. i also worked for launceston abattoir before jaspers took them over .

You must have worked with Phil, Steve and Jim then? And JD if it comes to that…

See what a small world it is, really…

bobthedog:
I must know some of you on this thread you know. I know the idea is altogether terrifying for you but there you go.

Anyone know if John Davey is still driving for Colin? Not seen him since his Murfitts days. I know he went back and drove the yellow Foden but I have been out of the local area for a while now…

IIRC John left last Feb/March , not sure where he’s working now !

Thanks for that. I will try to find out. He left there and went to Murfitts when I went on with David Croome which must have been in 99 I think. I used to live up the road a piece from his ex and he and she used to have discussions (which he always came second in)

He is a piece of work and no mistake. Always good for a laugh.

bobthedog:
Thanks for that. I will try to find out. He left there and went to Murfitts when I went on with David Croome which must have been in 99 I think. I used to live up the road a piece from his ex and he and she used to have discussions (which he always came second in)

He is a piece of work and no mistake. Always good for a laugh.

I heard it was a job on curtainsiders somewhere near Plymouth - don’t know any more or if that’s right !

haven’t seen the yellow foden for a while either - one of Colin’s drivers told me they were thinking of stretching it :sunglasses:

Nice pictures, any more cattle truck pictures would be welcome.

BB

This Daf was picking up lambs at Kington livestock market in Herefordshire last week.

Hi, I’m new and I was just wondering how you upload photos onto the website.

I might have some more photos of Davey’s as they are a local company and see them on the road a fair bit.

DAFJED:
Hi, I’m new and I was just wondering how you upload photos onto the website.

I might have some more photos of Davey’s as they are a local company and see them on the road a fair bit.

you have to save the pictures to a photo hosting site ( www.photobucket.com is one I use but there a several others out there) then copy the BBCode link ( which looks like this

[IMG]photo link here[/IMG}

)

It’s a good idea to make the pictures a reasonable size ( you can do that in Photobucket) either 640x480 or 800x600 are good sizes :wink:

look forward to seeing the pics :sunglasses:

bubbleman:
Here you are Sam.

This one used to be ours :wink: We sold it to them. My Dad said he thinks he fitted the sidelights at the bottom. :smiley:

A 280 was one hell of a motor for a mid 70’s rigid.

Happy days.

I’m pretty sure I’ve sen that Saviem in St Austell market. Another market sadly gone.

BB

next time I see Colin I’ll try to get him on here :wink:

The livestock containers in some of these photos once belonged to SJ Williams of Bridgwater, anyone got any photo of his wagons? He mainly ran Volvos?