Fransen Transport

Anyone out there who worked for Fransen? got any pic’s of our trucks? I gave them nearly 20 years service, went everywhere for them, from Egypt to Russia & everywhere in between, sometimes we even managed to get home…

Hello Peter.

If you click on the Search button (above) and type in Fransen, it will come up with all posts with the name.

I worked ‘deskside’ for Haywards from Telford during the eighties, and I think that a couple of ex Hayward drivers went to Fransens… Alan Owen was one, I’ll think of any others.

I also, even up in to the early part of this decade spoke and dealt with the Kidderminster management team and was gutted to read of it’s demise. I had a lot of respect for the Fransen brand and the achievements of all involved.

What really happened?

DP

I was friends with Brian Fenick who worked for Fransen in the 70,s.He had a scania 141 that is pictured in one of the threads on here.I also knew Martin Chance who was a subby for them he worked for prince,s and lived in kidderminster,also Brian Shaw who had two DAF,s on for fransen in the late 70,s.

And a bloke called Danny bores the ■■■■ off me :wink:

I remember quite a few Fransen drivers, thank Christ they were not all like him

Hi Pete, great to see you on here, now you should have some stories to tell. What are you doing at the moment? Mortimers? Always remember your Fransen outfit parked opposite your house when you were in England.
Speak to you sometime in the near future,regards Ed Marshall.

good afternoon peter dyke!!!

Good evening Pete do you remenber me Andy Longhurst I use to fix the painfull undermout reefer units in dover docks and at our workshops . Also the driver that use to go on about Chambers?

Hi Pete you proberbly dont remember me but i was the spotty teen always cab mutt with Phil Tidmarsh remember him m8.