Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Second day feeding the marsh steers in the corral getting them used to eating in there ready for when we need to load them to come home, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Busy today took more haylage to the 21 steers in the park lpus one bale to the marsh boys, the grass is now fading and has not the goodness anymore plus there all getting the hard grub as I don’t want them slipping back and losing condition, watching the market prices every week to see whats going on and keeping me finger on the pulse.
Glad to see your enjoying your semi retirement Wrighty and the viewers would like to know what you like best now you are a 50/50 man also who drives the truck on the other days when your not there, Cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s the best of both worlds still doing the job I enjoy but getting to spend more time at home wi Alice, Colin’s driving when I’m off and if the jobs reet busy we have a lad who comes in to drive…
Like you we are planning when some of our cattle will be coming in for winter, the lands not too wet at the moment but the quality of the grass is declining, so will need to start buffer feeding soon luckily we have plenty of crop this year…

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty first of all how is the mutt recovering ? unconditional as they are and don’t answer you back either, today took out more haylage as the 21 in the park got through two bales in four days but I always wait till they have eaten the feeder right out to avoid waste, reckon another couple of weeks and get em in and get em tested then you got 60 days to move them on.
When we had done the feed round we assisted my tree man and removed a lot of lower growth on trees in a hedge row to make it a lot easier for my man with the flail hedge trimmer a bit later on, got rid of all the debris over the boundry fence into woodland so that will rot down in time and also acts as a blind behind the barb wire, topper still on the tractor with a bit more to do, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Yes she’s doing great thanks so well that she was out trailering yows with me on Sunday, and she took off to the fell with her daughter on Sunday night arriving home in the early hours of Monday morn…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190908_011.jpg

P1070977.JPG
One for The Buzzer !! Shot at Appleby B. H. Dalestar pacing under saddle at 30 m.p.h.

Hey up Wrighty saw this on FB and I know you are not a Yorkshire lad but thought you would like the humour, Buzzer.

Today I got 24 kilo’s of shallots French by the way as hate to admit it they are the best ones, I can sit all day doing them but when my Mrs came home I had to stop as she cant handle the aroma. Gerbils Mrs Jan called to stock up on bangers and I gave her the first jar of the season but they need a couple of months to be right. Don’t know if Charleone has transport arranged for onward shipping to Alton as there aint that many doing groupage to there any more and pallet rate is far to high as you all know he is a poor pensioner hard up to boot, Buzzer.

Being sort of agriculturally minded nowadays I saw this and it put a smile on me face :smiley: , what do you think ? Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Being sort of agriculturally minded nowadays I saw this and it put a smile on me face :smiley: , what do you think ? Buzzer.

:laughing: :laughing:

I bet you haven’t let Mrs D see this. Very good John.

Buzzer:

Thats a cracker !!! :laughing: :laughing:

Had a walk earlier this week and come across the Scania being loaded.

Click on pics for better view.

IMG_20190913_151016_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Thanks for those shots Dean of Dennis Crofts & Son from Wincanton, they are major dealers in all forage and in fact I sat with Dennis in Salisbury market on Tuesday. They have been in that game for many years but son Jason & his wife run that side of things nowadays and he is fond of his V8 Scania’s as he says they don’t slow down much on any hills even loaded to the maximum.
They also have a 6 wheeler DAF livestock truck which is regular in the all the markets and a double deck livestock artic trailer if they get busy on that job, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Thanks for those shots Dean of Dennis Crofts & Son from Wincanton, they are major dealers in all forage and in fact I sat with Dennis in Salisbury market on Tuesday. They have been in that game for many years but son Jason & his wife run that side of things nowadays and he is fond of his V8 Scania’s as he says they don’t slow down much on any hills even loaded to the maximum.
They also have a 6 wheeler DAF livestock truck which is regular in the all the markets and a double deck livestock artic trailer if they get busy on that job, cheers Buzzer.

That makes sense about them being dealers as thats a arable farm. Tidy motor chap. :wink:

I collected a demo tractor that had been used for ploughing on a local farm and the flint had shredded the tyres and not a cheap job replacing tractor tyres…
Cheers Wrighty.
[/quote]
Morning Colin, that shot of the tyre in shreads brings back so many memories of damaged demonstrators.
The land owner must have known the ground and took advantage of the situation, I hope he pays for the damage, unless he buys a tractor of course, ha !!
Bring back the old steel wheels I say, cheers and welcome to the part time driving, been doing it for years now. Harvey

Don’t take em long to see me at the gate with the breakfast grub

One for Dan to peruse as I know he likes hid Foden’s, cheers Buzzer

Just for a change some trucks, we still get everywhere man, Buzzer

70783857_2558513414239032_6244088802852208640_n.jpg

Buzzer:

Hiya Buzzer :smiley: ,helping out my neighbor cheers Dan.

Buzzer:

We had P 206/207/208 AJU at STB transport. Supplied by Charnwood Trucks at Shepshed.

Pete.

windrush:

Buzzer:

We had P 206/207/208 AJU at STB transport. Supplied by Charnwood Trucks at Shepshed.

Pete.

Pete remember back in the early 80’s pulling SCAC trailers out of Portsmouth when the weight went up and not many tri axle units about to pull tandem trailers, I had two Volvo’s converted with Granning lift rears but a mate of mine Ken Chant RIP bought a new tri axle Foden (not a twin steer) from a dealer near Winchester and I bought his F88 which was already converted with a Granning, Buzzer.