Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

After she finished service with us, the first brand new truck I ever bought, Buzzer

17190788_1467893779897201_6923864375445428749_n.jpg

Looks like an old STS trailer ■■. Phone number is Romford ■■?

Buzzer:
Just for a change some trucks, we still get everywhere man, Buzzer

Bit of Davies truck ■■■■ right there lol cheers Andrew

Had a lot of rain here this week and more to come by the looks, took haylage out this morning and it was that wet on the ground I had to use me Avant which has selective 4wd, my pickup is absolutely useless when not on terra ferma so she stayed in the shed today. Think the cattle prefer to be out as they find there shelter spots but if this wet continues I may have to consider bringing them in earlier than I had hoped, cheers Buzzer.

Andrew “snapper” in the yard all washed down on a Sunday think he’s going to now earn a crust but Chip is out on the road earning the real doe, Buzzer

One for wrighty, A698 Kelso/Coldstream stretch Thurs past heading south.
Oily

oiltreader:
Oily

That’ll be the boss behind the wheel then will it, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

oiltreader:
Oily

That’ll be the boss behind the wheel then will it, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

It would be Sid our part time driver he put a full week in last week, Colin was out driving the wagon and drag as it’s regular driver Gary is off on paternity leave. Back in tomorrow off to Gaydon, Sussex, Dorchester, Haverfordwest, and then loading out of Carmarthen so should keep us going for three days.
The weather has certainly gone very back end it’s so wet we have now put a lot of our cows and calves inside, only 22 left out now so it’s going to be a long winter.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190929_001.jpg

WP_20190925_011.jpg

WP_20190925_004.jpg

WP_20190923_003.jpg

Wrighty glad to see you are still taking in air mate I thought we had lost you :smiley: , them beasts look grand and like you say bet they are glad to be inside and its just as well you had a good summer to get all the crop in, sounds like you gonna need it all though.
Don’t forget if you are needing to park up overnight our yard would have space for you if it fits in with your timetable, Buzzer.

Well its chucking it down outside yet again and I have just come back from Tracy Island having had the pleasure putting a face to the name so to speak as we have an overnight guest snuck up in the corner of our yard none other than Wrighty, been chatting on the old inter web as you do for some time now and its always nice to actually meet up and that’s two for me this year as I met Bob a while ago aka “sheepman”. from Scotland, cheers Buzzer

Likewise Buzzer it was good to meet you and your son James, bringing a bit of rain from Wensleydale was the least I could do in lieu of a nice quiet ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190930_001.jpg

Has Buzzer treated you Wrighty to a fine establishment ? , mean while in Moffat :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Has Buzzer treated you Wrighty to a fine establishment ? , mean while in Moffat :wink:

It’s too wet to turn out Dan, me and the cow are on Carling… :open_mouth:

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

Punchy Dan:
1Has Buzzer treated you Wrighty to a fine establishment ? , mean while in Moffat :wink:

It’s too wet to turn out Dan, me and the cow are on Carling… :open_mouth:

Cheers Wrighty.

O dear , lager :cry: , your missing out on real ale wrighty :wink:

Buzzer:
Well its chucking it down outside yet again and I have just come back from Tracy Island having had the pleasure putting a face to the name so to speak as we have an overnight guest snuck up in the corner of our yard none other than Wrighty, been chatting on the old inter web as you do for some time now and its always nice to actually meet up and that’s two for me this year as I met Bob a while ago aka “sheepman”. from Scotland, cheers Buzzer

Eyeballed Wrighty, M27 Westbound about 16:15 ■■

Come across this combiner parked up,done its work for the year. Alot of money ■■■■■■■ for about 10 month’s
of the year.

IMG_20190904_115039.jpg

IMG_20190904_115207.jpg

“snapper” cornered in Castets , Buzzer

Blimey BUZZER , CASTETS, can that be a shift from cherbourg now, as saints, used to be about it before cherbourg.well for a company driver, you old owner drives would tramp on more than us, as the old story…WE DONT PAY SPEEDING FINES but would want you in MADRID THE SAME TIME ,GOOD OLD DAYS,DBP.

Evening Buzzer

Thanks again for the parking on Monday night it was much appreciated, got a good start on Tuesday loaded Dorchester tipped Haverfordwest then reloaded at Carmarthen and Raglan. Tipped Gaydon this morning then ran up to Holmes chapel and loaded a 415hp Fendt going on demo up in Northumberland, got back to the yard unloaded and then noticed a front tyre on mi unit was soft which turned out to be a cracked rim.
Got our latest purchase back to the yard this afternoon and drove it home, will post some pictures when I get chance to take some…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20191002_017.jpg

WP_20191002_016.jpg

My latest acquisition a LF DAF 55 cattle truck it is a 13 tonner, had to put a pair of batteries on her and I am having the rear gates renewed as I reckon the previous owner moved buffalo as they were bent to hell also needs a good valet as I should think the mush lived in it 24/7 it was full of crap and it has odd wear tyres on the front so may replace them later always like to run evenly matched rubber, have not used it yet so the proof will be in the pudding as they say but it went well on the test drive and a bonus is it’s on air so you can lower it for loading, Buzzer.

PS. had to send off for a digi card, what’s one of them Im’e old skool.