Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

i’d have said it was the same motor just going by the sticker on the bumper. les routiers??

Buzzer:
Just found this pic on FB which is interesting to me as I think its the same F10 sat next to my110 Scania on top deck of Normandy ferries in Southampton docks many moons ago, don’t have the whizz to blow up the shots to see if I am right but in the pic on the ferry that F10 was new and they had just been launched, Buzzer.

PS. Looks like the same motor but am I right, help needed.

Yes John, Just blew the pic up and it is the same reg number!

image.jpeg
image.jpegBuzzer i bet you could do with a free Spring like this down there ,this is a joint effort between me n the Mrs to water the lawn :laughing: ,all the local farmers get there water here too .

Dan that’s not a lawn, its a field and needs some cattle on it I am on my way after tea, Buzzer.

Pete thanks for that, the picture on the ferry was one of its first trips abroad and I think he came from Bristol area and I remember he was loaded with a multi drop of those little pastuerised milk thingy’s you ripped the lid off and put in your cup of tea or coffee, JD.

Buzzer do you know Charlie from shady oaks farm ?

Punchy Dan:
Buzzer do you know Charlie from shady oaks farm ?

Yes I do know Charlie Reeves I bought my first horse from him a Welsh cob many moons ago and that’s how I got into driving horses in the first place and we have remained friends ever since and I sold him 10 Angus steers only 6 weeks ago, why do you ask ? as you must have some connection with him and what a small world it is eh. Let me know if he owes you money and I will go and smash his printing press for you ha ha as he only lives 6 miles from me, please let me know how you know him and more to the point how did you put us two together, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer Some yrs ago I used to take granite down there every week ,Charlie let a South African by the name of Sean rent his shed ,when I went early Charlie would let me in and make a drink ,he often would talk about horses n trotters ect and enjoyed going up to applbey horse fair in his man 7.5 tonner iirc ,not been for a long time as things change ,but Iam sure he would remember the above pick up truck cheers Dan’l :laughing:

Dan he still has shares in that granite company they make a lot of kitchen worktops and the like but they have outgrown his farm building and moved to a bigger commercial unit, to here him talk you would think he never had a pound in his wallet but in fact he is very wealthy, his dad had a farm nearby which came up for building and they sold out well. Charlie used to do turf in the early days and worked hard with his dad who was a proper gentleman who I could not bring myself to call by his first name although I knew him quite well, it just did not seem right and to boot Charlie was adopted something he told me after knowing him for ten years and also he has still got that MAN 7 1/2 tonner which he had a new David Williams body put on it when he bought it I know cos I picked him up in Shropshire or where ever there place was, all the best Buzzer.

What a small world ,say hello for me ,Thankyou .

Punchy Dan:
01Buzzer i bet you could do with a free Spring like this down there ,this is a joint effort between me n the Mrs to water the lawn :laughing: ,all the local farmers get there water here too .

If that’s shothouse Dan i’ve never known spring that run dry yet, of course it could just be all the used bathwater from the ‘posh folk’ in Bonsall and Uppertown who have such a facility? :laughing:

Pete.

Pete I think my dad used to fetch the water from there for the house when we lived at bottom leys farm and some times from the one above tufer cottage ,never did us any harm ,in summer I’ve I stood under shotters starkers :blush: :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:
Pete I think my dad used to fetch the water from there for the house when we lived at bottom leys farm and some times from the one above tufer cottage ,never did us any harm ,in summer I’ve I stood under shotters starkers :blush: :open_mouth:

Now there’s a thought to go to bed on, if I have a nightmare then I’m blaming you!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Pete.

Dan I am assuming you would know about this fleet, what’s the connection if any mate ? cheers Buzzer.

Hiya buzzer they are my cousins ,there’s 3 brothers ,I am the poor relative in the mountain hideaway ,I have 2 brothers too each with a growing fleet ,I have 1 driver a relative too but I prefer to jingle on my self ,I like to look out the window and see my lorry :laughing: cheers Dan’l

Just been cutting the grass with the old Dexta, cost £500 including the mower 15 years ago, just spent £130 on new radiator and an engine service, don’t make them like they used to! It’s a better machine than one of them grey things that Fergie raves on about as you cannot buy red petrol! Cheers Pete

IMG_20180526_154339.jpg

IMG_20180526_154346.jpg

When are you going back to pinch the bonet Pete ? :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
When are you going back to pinch the bonet Pete ? :laughing:

Cheeky git! It is leaning up against the tree! Left it off as I could see if she was losing any water as the hoses are a bit perished, this is my next project to get the old girl back on the road after an 8 year rest! Apologies to Buzzer for clogging his thread up please address all complaints to Dan’l Punchard esq.!

IMG_20180526_140450.jpg

Another eventful day at the holding at first I loaded my pickup with FYM for a chap just down the road anyway got it on and off I go find where it needs to be tipped and the bloody thing would not work, spent and hour looking at fuses and various wiring but no joy so that can stay on till I get an electrician to sort it.

This week we have had a chap clean all the block paving round the mansion house which took him two days but there is about half an acre of it, he came back today to put the kiln dried sand in with his Mrs helping but it looks good and the Boss is pleased with it.

Walked round the grass last night and its nearly time to get mower out just need five clear days of sun and we are off with that job, the steers that are out look really good and contented with plenty of grass for them to munch.

Finally we used to have this little Pig motif on the doors of the trucks but my nipper stopped putting them on a while back and we had uproar from the drivers, the PGS bit stood for porky git squadren and JD was obviously me, shame its not still on but its not my decision any more, cheers Buzzer.

Photo1026.jpg

Buzzer:
Another eventful day at the holding at first I loaded my pickup with FYM for a chap just down the road anyway got it on and off I go find where it needs to be tipped and the bloody thing would not work, spent and hour looking at fuses and various wiring but no joy so that can stay on till I get an electrician to sort it.

This week we have had a chap clean all the block paving round the mansion house which took him two days but there is about half an acre of it, he came back today to put the kiln dried sand in with his Mrs helping but it looks good and the Boss is pleased with it.

Walked round the grass last night and its nearly time to get mower out just need five clear days of sun and we are off with that job, the steers that are out look really good and contented with plenty of grass for them to munch.

Finally we used to have this little Pig motif on the doors of the trucks but my nipper stopped putting them on a while back and we had uproar from the drivers, the PGS bit stood for porky git squadren and JD was obviously me, shame its not still on but its not my decision any more, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer,
I remember the signs on the units and the drivers in the T-shirts in your yard when I used to park at Lorraines in the late 80’s early 90’s, genuinely don’t know the answer to this but where did “buzzby” (spelt wrong i guess) come from. Porky Git Squadron is a bit more understandable… !

Regards
Mike

Aha mikey1964 not a lot of people know that but it does go back along way but if you cast your mind back when BT had an advertising campaign using Maureen Lipman’s voice she had a crazy bird in the ad called Buzby who was always on the phone and as that was the case for me coz back then I never had computers and the like as today the telephone was the main connector with your business clients, now I cannot remember who gave me the name but got a feeling it was Les Slater of LS commercials who looked after the trucks in the early days, he only had one line to his business and I was always hogging it so he had a second line put in so his customers could get hold of him and that’s how it was that I was to become Buzzer or Buzby. In the early days I had a MK1 ■■■■■■ van and Buzby the bird was emblazoned on the bonnet.
Later on we gave lots of drivers nick names that stuck and they still have them till this day even if they still dont work for us anymore and sadly some are no longer with us but there nick names live on, hope that clears that up for you or any one else that wondered how it came about, cheers Buzzer.