Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Had one of them new ones in other week don’t look right to me much better with bigger cab didn’t have a go in it myself so don’t know how it drives etc…
EE75386E-9A0F-45AC-A8D5-CAD2A187A38F.jpeg

A couple of nice ones to compare in Belgium also a very tidy fleet & R11 still held her head high lol

4490858C-80E2-4F53-AA68-30936E0CC562.jpeg

Someone mention Jersey Royals just so happens sat loading some as we speak gotta wait for some to come off boat shouldn’t be much longer
18AE8FD2-2E7A-4663-8750-43F4F0DD2315.jpeg

Horry set me a challenge to find a British truckstop full of English speaking drivers not a hope in hells chance of that!! But I did find the only other Brit in Jct 26 off m25 one Saturday night& we actually had a chat as well?? He is a credit to you Mr Ponsonby& another well turned out fleet spot on
29E68B87-D931-4A8F-B824-15BE3BD06520.jpeg

Mr Bowman has let us park in his yard for a few years now he says all Davies drivers were polite & a credit to the company (must of caught us all on a good day lol) a real gent as well.
He keeps this Erf as a shunter I’ve seen worse lorries still on road lol

Andrew Morrison:
Horry set me a challenge to find a British truckstop full of English speaking drivers not a hope in hells chance of that!! But I did find the only other Brit in Jct 26 off m25 one Saturday night& we actually had a chat as well?? He is a credit to you Mr Ponsonby& another well turned out fleet spot on0

A bit of “Class” on the thread at last Andrew ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Seriously, your posts are always interesting to look into and you work for a cracking outfit, they are a credit to the industry, don’t know about the past “MD” however :unamused: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:
Keep up the good work and stay safe. Best regards Dennis.

Andrew Morrison:
Had one of them new ones in other week don’t look right to me much better with bigger cab didn’t have a go in it myself so don’t know how it drives etc…

Hi Andrew
Are the newer Scanias lower as well as slightly taller with a bulked roofs ? ( Scanias on steroids).
Fab photos still, if Rodger or Chip ever stop take a snap of them, I know they keep the wheels turning to keep the rest in luxury but you might catch them on day.
I’m running around in people carrier on the M4 / A34 a lot my Reg R77 …, what is there’s? I might catch them one day.

John how is your knee, it did look bad. .

Lets flip that picture, Buzzer.

0F18D9AC-C61B-46FF-B0B1-F849C1795195.jpeg (3).jpg

Andrew Morrison:
Mr Bowman has let us park in his yard for a few years now he says all Davies drivers were polite & a credit to the company (must of caught us all on a good day lol) a real gent as well.
He keeps this Erf as a shunter I’ve seen worse lorries still on road lol

For a moment there I thought: ‘At last! An Astran ERF!!’. Robert :laughing:

D9ACC808-FE0B-46AF-B57F-B629CAE9E165.jpeg.jpg

Bewick:

Andrew Morrison:
Horry set me a challenge to find a British truckstop full of English speaking drivers not a hope in hells chance of that!! But I did find the only other Brit in Jct 26 off m25 one Saturday night& we actually had a chat as well?? He is a credit to you Mr Ponsonby& another well turned out fleet spot on0

A bit of “Class” on the thread at last Andrew ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Seriously, your posts are always interesting to look into and you work for a cracking outfit, they are a credit to the industry, don’t know about the past “MD” however :unamused: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:
Keep up the good work and stay safe. Best regards Dennis.

Thanks Dennis,as for past “md” he’s pretty good at pickling but seems to be a bit injury prone lately lol

Cheers Andrew

ERF-NGC-European:

Andrew Morrison:
He keeps this Erf as a shunter I’ve seen worse lorries still on road lol21

For a moment there I thought: ‘At last! An Astran ERF!!’. Robert :laughing:

Alas no calm yourself down Robert lol

Paul Who:

Andrew Morrison:
Had one of them new ones in other week don’t look right to me much better with bigger cab didn’t have a go in it myself so don’t know how it drives etc…1

Hi Andrew
Are the newer Scanias lower as well as slightly taller with a bulked roofs ? ( Scanias on steroids).
Fab photos still, if Rodger or Chip ever stop take a snap of them, I know they keep the wheels turning to keep the rest in luxury but you might catch them on day.
I’m running around in people carrier on the M4 / A34 a lot my Reg R77 …, what is there’s? I might catch them one day.

John how is your knee, it did look bad. .

Paul Who■■? Not sure about new ones probably depends what spec model etc? I will try get a pic of the aforementioned herberts for you but very rarely see em stopped long enough to take a picture if I did it would probably be a bit blurry the speed they move at lol

Cheers Andrew

Nice quiet place to load up in Norfolk,until all the fridges turn up lol
4E2E6D14-9D25-4B9A-ABE6-61E2E80BCD1D.jpeg

Busy today had the vet to check a steer I bought yesterday as he looked like he still had some gear underneath but the vet found no balls so that were a relief, we then wormed all 22 and put them out to grass in 15 acres, they go mad when first let out the barn and check all there boundaries so I just been down to check them. Could not get too close but took a picture from distance and zoomed it, after a day or two they will hopefully quiet do
No yard work now untill i clean the muck out about 5ft deep so alot in there, will heap it and spread in the autumn so let it rot a bit then the winter can have it, cheers Buzzer

PS. Dennis i heard the retired MD of DIT wernt a bad chap at all and always had the best Interests of the drivers at heart, just saying.

Photo1023 (3).jpg

Buzzer:
Busy today had the vet to check a steer I bought yesterday as he looked like he still had some gear underneath but the vet found no balls so that were a relief, we then wormed all 22 and put them out to grass in 15 acres, they go mad when first let out the barn and check all there boundaries so I just been down to check them. Could not get too close but took a picture from distance and zoomed it, after a day or two they will hopefully quiet do
No yard work now untill i clean the muck out about 5ft deep so alot in there, will heap it and spread in the autumn so let it rot a bit then the winter can have it, cheers Buzzer

PS. Dennis i heard the retired MD of DIT wernt a bad chap at all and always had the best Interests of the drivers at heart, just saying.

Was that Geezer in charge before or after you Buzzer ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Looks like a nice bit of grass you have there , I bet Wrighty would give his right arm to have some similar “going” Cheers Dennis.

Dennis old Wrighty is in Port Ugal this week soaking up sun and eating loads of fresh fush no doubt and he would like grass like that and its had no fert on it.
Saw this pic of the Amish drive through wash all in one go, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Dennis old Wrighty is in Port Ugal this week soaking up sun and eating loads of fresh fush no doubt and he would like grass like that and its had no fert on it.
Saw this pic of the Amish drive through wash all in one go, cheers Buzzer.

Great shot there Buzzer “the old meets the new”. Those Amish are canny Horsemen as I was told on one of our visits to the US Harness racing that the Amish buy trotters and Pacers which don’t make the grade for dog meat prices and then they turn them into superb driving horses for use in their road going buggy’s. But the finest horses they have are the heavy ones they use in large teams for work on the farms. I understand they breed these heavy ones themselves but it is some sight to see half a dozen teams working a field with the various implements. Cheers Dennis.

image.jpeghi Buzzer the grey machine is a spud washers cheers Dan’l.

Thanks for the input Dan as you know variety is the spice of life and its great to see what you and old Wrighty are moving about every day, cheers for that Buzzer.

Just found this pic on FB which is interesting to me as I think its the same F10 sat next to my110 Scania on top deck of Normandy ferries in Southampton docks many moons ago, don’t have the whizz to blow up the shots to see if I am right but in the pic on the ferry that F10 was new and they had just been launched, Buzzer.

PS. Looks like the same motor but am I right, help needed.