Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

wrighty:

Buzzer:
Wrighty just thought I would post this picture one of our ex drivers posted on FB, he now lives in Canada doing long haul trucking to Florida in the USA and this is how they clear snow in Canada apparently, I would have thought the combine would have blocked up.
At the moment we seem to be more troubled by constant rain which just keeps coming, couple of dry days then back to square one, cant get on with field work as far to wet, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

We know what you mean it’s still like a bog up ere, you know it’s bad when lambs are paddling the wall backs black.
Two of us have run down and tipped at Cambridge machinery auction today, and it was dry at home but very wet down country now parked up at Fakenham ready to load in the morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

Saw one of your wagons for the first time today in Keele. Pretty impressed… nice & tidy.

Buzzer:
Wrighty just thought I would post this picture one of our ex drivers posted on FB, he now lives in Canada doing long haul trucking to Florida in the USA and this is how they clear snow in Canada apparently, I would have thought the combine would have blocked up.
At the moment we seem to be more troubled by constant rain which just keeps coming, couple of dry days then back to square one, cant get on with field work as far to wet, cheers Buzzer.

Thats a cracker Buzzer,never seen a combiner used to clear snow ! :laughing:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Thats a cracker Buzzer,never seen a combiner used to clear snow ! :laughing:

The tipper in the photo looks as if its a cab-over. Imported Merc or Deutz/Iveco? Didn’t Iveco’s have a similar back bumper to the one fitted there?
Great photo though!

Buzzer:
Harvey just to let you know we road tested the sausages tonight with four Grand children plus me and the Boss, 18 were cooked and none left at close of dinner, Buzzer.

That must make it all worth while John, what some great memories you are giving the grand children eh !!
I recall a chap named “Terry Winter” from Fritham in the new forest who phoned me one day and said, got some pork for you Harvey.
Only took 15 mins to get there to find Terry in his shorts, string vest, hacking at this poor old porker. preparing joints with persperation pouring from him onto the carcase.
Happy days, Harvey

HRS:

Buzzer:
Harvey just to let you know we road tested the sausages tonight with four Grand children plus me and the Boss, 18 were cooked and none left at close of dinner, Buzzer.

That must make it all worth while John, what some great memories you are giving the grand children eh !!
I recall a chap named “Terry Winter” from Fritham in the new forest who phoned me one day and said, got some pork for you Harvey.
Only took 15 mins to get there to find Terry in his shorts, string vest, hacking at this poor old porker. preparing joints with persperation pouring from him onto the carcase.
Happy days, Harvey[/quot

Harvey i remember Terry Winter well he had a sleeper cab AEC rigid which he had a removable container fitted and he did antiques to Italy with that, i have loaded it on a saturday morning as a flat bed with mining chocks for the Nottingham coal mines. He bought a new F88 on i think an N reg which he also used abroad and i suspect thats how you made his aquaintance. Terry liked a drink truth be told and was a staunch member of the Bramshaw working mans club IIRC, small world aint it cheers Buzzer.

combine.jpg excuse me chaps but this is what we use locally.,up on the Manitoba escarpement.

Whilst waiting to load this afternoon in Capri I was surprised to see Davies International now have their own ferry !! It was reverse on and reverse off !
Regards
Richard

MaggieD:
Whilst waiting to load this afternoon in Capri I was surprised to see Davies International now have their own ferry !! It was reverse on and reverse off !
Regards
Richard

Ooh! Ur! Cap’n Buzzer !! It be your turn in the barrel, boy !! Anon 1.

MaggieD:
Regards
Richard

Richard glad you were there as I got through the border at Coufee today coming home from Frome today without paying the toll, nice one you should go away more often, Buzzer.

Now for something completely different this morning our son Steven Davies is midway through a massive challenge to run three marathons over three weekends, having completed the Paris one last week he is as I type pounding the streets of Brighton to be followed next Sunday by doing the London marathon. We as parents have watched him train in the wind and rain but nothing seems to deter him from his goal which is to raise £20,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital for sick children a place he has visited and tells us it is truly humbling when you see what happens there.
He is no stranger to his fundraising and this combined with his work of running the family’s International Transport company with his brother and Mother, me well I am retarded from the company nowadays and follow my farming passions but that does not mean I am watching with admiration of his efforts in fact every time I go to Salisbury market I think that is about the same distance as a marathon and it takes me 45 minutes in a truck and he runs that in just over 3 & 1/2 hours.
He is well on his way to reaching his target of twenty grand for this great cause but if any one out there fancies contributing to his cause please go to Steven Davies on his Just Giving Page for this fantastic effort on his part, no matter how big or small you know every donation will count.
Thanks for reading this, Buzzer.

Just going on to the page now Buzzer. Come on lads dig deep. Well done to you Steven.

A fantastic achievement and what a worthy cause. My son John who was born in 1963 and

only lived for a year spent some time in Great Ormond Streer. What a fantastic job the

staff do there. Not trying to be morbid on a Sunday morning. Just pointing out that a

lot of people have been touched by the place.Enjoy your day everyone. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Awesome effort on both Counts
Good luck for London
ps Thats well hell of a time?
all the best Jeremy

Harvey just testing your white cells about this axle setup in the picture below, sure I have seen it on an A.E.Stuart cattle truck from near Exeter. Do you know if this is factory or a modified version, would be good for weight distribution I would have thought, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Harvey just testing your white cells about this axle setup in the picture below, sure I have seen it on an A.E.Stuart cattle truck from near Exeter. Do you know if this is factory or a modified version, would be good for weight distribution I would have thought, cheers Buzzer.

Another question Harvey would you not get a lot of tyre scrub? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Buzzer:

Another question Harvey would you not get a lot of tyre scrub? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Charlie at least you could not screw it round like a trailer which I have seen done by a good few knob heads in my time, Buzzer.

Interesting, dont think it would be a factory option for the UK market, looks like a 6x4 with a tag that steers, otherwise,as has been said, it would tear up tyres for a past time.
Dont see the advantage over a standard 8x4 apart from possible turning circle and stability with cattle on board !! Harvey
PS will try and find one similar I found in Crete.

Found it !!! You will have seen this one before John.
A factory spec for other markets. Harvey

IMG_2256.JPG

Buzzer:

Good evening I think your find Volvo now offer something like that called a tridem or something some axles steer & or lift the fl though probably a conversion.
Cheers Andrew

Pole position for a change

18FEEDB5-5BC5-4F8E-976B-031DD27C4E5A.jpeg

Few weeks ago in Germany cut across on nationals lovely road but wouldn’t want to be up there in winter went through a couple of ski resorts & still people skiing as well.
41AF8600-9C26-4F3F-94F2-6CFEE0A19C69.jpeg
DA599AD0-B5D9-414E-A76D-CC3EF950FC6A.jpeg
DA8C862D-639B-4F12-9DCD-D2AC2A7C5242.jpeg