Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Have you any chance of a claim for loss of earnings from these Vosa shysters? Does seem totally out of order that they take so long in a case where it’s obviously not the haulers fault. I’d be furious if it were mine. Typically out of touch civil servant parasites, maybe a bit harsh but there.

short walk:
Have you any chance of a claim for loss of earnings from these Vosa shysters? Does seem totally out of order that they take so long in a case where it’s obviously not the haulers fault. I’d be furious if it were mine. Typically out of touch civil servant parasites, maybe a bit harsh but there.

Has anyone ever got any compensation from VOSA, don’t think it would work they would be on your back for ever so I doubt anyone has ever gone there. We have always run a tidy well maintained fleet for over four decades and have had no real hassle with police or VOSA, generally they seem to know the dodgy firms and hopefully go after them. We will be pleased to get our truck back and get it back to work when all said and done fair or not, cheers Buzzer.

Sorry to hear about the accident Buzzer thats unlucky. Hope the driver is doing as well as you can in that
situation as it cant be easy.

Re Vosa i would definately contact them and query how long things are going to take and about
compensation. They can not persecute you for enquiring about the above you are running a business.
If you flip the coin and look at it from there perspective they might think it odd that you have not queried
the above,like you had something to hide. Now i know you dont and i am pleased that Scania had serviced
the truck the week before which is a massive positive for your company. You would have to be very unlucky
for them to find something wrong with the truck after such a recent service/inspection. At the end of the
day no one could have avoided that accident if someone decides to leap out in front of a vehicle at the
last minute there is nothing anyone can do. I believe that we always think of VOSA as the enemy but in
situations like this with the police report etc i am sure they are sensible in the way they investigate it.

Another huge positive is that your fleet is immaculate and they can see that your motors are well looked
after. Funny enough i saw one of your Scanias yesterday near New Milton.

buzzer and wrighty, just watched this on youtube and got me wondering how many of these machine’s you could use on your respective homestead’s. youtu.be/OtE4Xu9is8c

To Frome Market today and as I cannot pay the prices the older beef bred steers are making of late I went for something a bit younger and bought three lots all name sire Angus steers 24 in total 7 months old but my mate had 6 of them on the way home. Although smaller than I am used to not a bad bunch as it goes, they are indoors and will be for a while with this non stop rain we are having to endure at the moment no let up at all, they all came from one home which I prefer and will post some pictures when I get a chance later on.
Well that’s the farming update for now just to keep you up to date.

Dean not my call any more regarding VOSA as I am retarded from the company nowadays but if I wuzz in charge I think I would leave this subject closed, just easier, see you did a bit on F88’s here is the one we ran in the fleet in the 90’s, cheers Buzzer.

27067528_2301049099920810_6766530648687050712_n.jpg

Just been out for lunch as its Easter Sunday, home done the pigs and chicken and as promised a picture of the steers I bought on Friday at Frome, had 24 but my mate had six of them 7mo Angus X , cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

A good looking line up of cattle you’ve got there, should do alright once the weather picks up and you can turn them out to grass. It looks like they would benefit from a copper dose as you can see a red tint to their coats, something we are deficient in up ere and have to dose for on a regular basis.
Busy lambing and calving ere so it’s all hands on deck at the moment, had one calved on Friday and her bull calf would not suckle it has taken three days of work but it has finally got the idea…
Last day of my holidays tomorrow then it’s back to driving for a living,…and a rest :wink:

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180330_001.jpg

WP_20180401_008.jpg

Wrighty looking at the country file forecast you are getting some more of that white stuff soon, reckon old Baldrick has gone to ground hope he is alright, Buzzer.

Not for the squeamish.
Farmer friend up the road was telling me this morning about a bad delivery last week.
One leg out and pushing but needed help, hour and a half could not get the other foot out and worried about damaging the womb called the vet.
Young lady spent 2 hours, calf had died so had to remove its head in order to push it back in so as to get the other leg out and remove it, so very sad eh !!
Next morning the cow was up and eating ok and ready to join the rest. Harvey

HRS:
Not for the squeamish.
Farmer friend up the road was telling me this morning about a bad delivery last week.
One leg out and pushing but needed help, hour and a half could not get the other foot out and worried about damaging the womb called the vet.
Young lady spent 2 hours, calf had died so had to remove its head in order to push it back in so as to get the other leg out and remove it, so very sad eh !!

Harvey as Wrighty and myself are all too aware when you have livestock you inevitably have dead stock as well as I have had today only mine was planned, had my five pigs dispatched humanely of course. They are some size about 110 kilo’s live so not porkers more big cutters but the chops are bigger, five halves jointed and the rest into sausages is the plan. IMHO you just cannot beat home produce especially later in the year when you can pick your own runner beans and dig your own spuds to accompany the pork, dinner anyone, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

HRS:
Not for the squeamish.

Harvey as Wrighty and myself are all too aware when you have livestock you inevitably have dead stock as well as I have had today only mine was planned, had my five pigs dispatched humanely of course. They are some size about 110 kilo’s live so not porkers more big cutters but the chops are bigger, five halves jointed and the rest into sausages is the plan. IMHO you just cannot beat home produce especially later in the year when you can pick your own runner beans and dig your own spuds to accompany the pork, dinner anyone, cheers Buzzer.

God that makes me hungry !!! How long do you hang them for before you cut them up ■■? Mouth watering Harvey.

Harvey just to make you salivate, a nice big chop about one and a half inches thick almost too much for me nowadays and the chap who makes the sausages has just rung me and reckons he’s got 600 lbs of sausages winging there way here as I type, picture later mate cheers Buzzer.

Harvey just had the sausages delivered tonight 600lbs in weight nearly filled a big chest freezer up, half in packs of six the other half in 12’s as per picture. JD.

Wrighty just thought I would post this picture one of our ex drivers posted on FB, he now lives in Canada doing long haul trucking to Florida in the USA and this is how they clear snow in Canada apparently, I would have thought the combine would have blocked up.
At the moment we seem to be more troubled by constant rain which just keeps coming, couple of dry days then back to square one, cant get on with field work as far to wet, cheers Buzzer.

30264903_10156224129786241_4376234133144207360_n.jpg

Good morning Buzzer. Have you managed to get your early potatoes in?

Talking to Andy in Limoges He tells me he can’t plant anything as the

ground is completely waterlogged. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Charlie no planting as of yet, they were all in last year on the 4th. We put about six ton of manure on the plot in October and spread it and the chicken have done a fantastic job of breaking it all down, we are on gravel but still too wet at the moment, got the seed all ready we will get there soon I hope, cheers Buzzer.

PS did you get your dog from Blue Cross ?

IMG_0256.JPG

Buzzer:

charlie one:

Charlie no planting as of yet, they were all in last year on the 4th. We put about six ton of manure on the plot in October and spread it and the chicken have done a fantastic job of breaking it all down, we are on gravel but still too wet at the moment, got the seed all ready we will get there soon I hope, cheers Buzzer.

PS did you get your dog from Blue Cross ?

Yes I did. Sammy a Two year old Yorkshire Terrier. Started me walking

again. Out four times a day. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Better the right way up mate, Go kart up for grabs now your walking everywhere eh, Buzzer.

Now that’s funny you saying that Buzzer. I had a call from Mappo.

He said that he felt quite good except for his legs which are starting to wear out.

We agreed a price and he tried to pay me with an old shell card. I said

Listen Tone I’ve been conned by professionals! He then told me that he’s

Also got trouble with his bits! Join the club mate. We’re all like that eh?

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:
Wrighty just thought I would post this picture one of our ex drivers posted on FB, he now lives in Canada doing long haul trucking to Florida in the USA and this is how they clear snow in Canada apparently, I would have thought the combine would have blocked up.
At the moment we seem to be more troubled by constant rain which just keeps coming, couple of dry days then back to square one, cant get on with field work as far to wet, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

We know what you mean it’s still like a bog up ere, you know it’s bad when lambs are paddling the wall backs black.
Two of us have run down and tipped at Cambridge machinery auction today, and it was dry at home but very wet down country now parked up at Fakenham ready to load in the morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180408_010.jpg

Harvey just to let you know we road tested the sausages tonight with four Grand children plus me and the Boss, 18 were cooked and none left at close of dinner, Buzzer.