Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Mr JD do you remember this place

S1mmo:
Mr JD do you remember this place0[/qu

Cant see it too clearly but looks a bit like Syd’s packhouse in Sanfulgencio Spain, Sydney Harts that is but of all the loads we did out of there if i am right i have never been there but one of our old drivers will know for sure. When they opened that place we took all the office furniture out there plus fork lifts etc.

Wrighty this weather has been bad but you had it worse than us as we usually miss the snow as the IOW sort of protects us, no fun when the water freezes and must have been cold as I resorted to the thermal longjohns, hope you have a better week ahead but suspect you may still have a bit of snow about up North. cheers Buzzer (JD)

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well what a bloody week got home weds night and then got snowed in, spent the last four days trying to thaw out water pipes. On Thursday morning our heating oil ran out and our water froze, so our only heat in the house is a log burner which has taken a hammering this last few days… We are having to let all our cattle out to drink in a watering hole in a field next to the buildings, and to put a tin hat on it our fridge/freezer has packed in, the 4wd on one of our tractors has gone bang and the other won’t start because it’s still frozen…things can only get better, at least I’m back at work tomorrow so I can get a shower somewhere…moan over.

Cheers from a cold [zb]off Wrighty.

Sounds like you have had a proper crap time Wrighty ! You could not make that lot up. :cry:

That Scania you have i assume is a manual. On a positive note the cattle look good.

Buzzer ,Nice pics of the F88 & 89 coming out the tunnel ! Are your Scania’s auto’s ? I assume they are and
that was part of the reason they were struggling in the snow.I have not driven a auto in the snow but they
are bad enough in normal conditions ! :laughing:

One of our ex drivers Clinton Tate who has a new life driving from Canada to Florida and back in this monstrosity which has just been though the wash, some may like it but I think it is just plain ugly and why do they need such long wheelbase tractors, if that truck was in Leicester or Birmingham there would be 12 sleeping in that cab for sure, cheers Buzzer.

Bloody hell Wrighty that’s a bad run of luck hope all sorted soon.I hear it’s still bad in places up your way? Nothing down here by comparison but still caused a few problems now just wet.All back out Saturday & Sunday.
Needed a break in Switzerland so parked in some services next to the river Rhine (over that embankment in 2nd pic) & Vaduz in Lichtenstein the other side of river so out for the day sightseeing!!
BA8DC58E-A17E-4AEA-BA9D-FC0CD2D1FDC7.jpeg

Evening Buzzer

Well the thaw has started at home water dripping onto the boiler so we have a plumber coming tomorrow, still no sign of the elusive heating oil though so Alice will have to endure another chilly night. What a difference two days make went down to east London today and it was eleven degrees, parked up near Beccles tonight tipping at Fakenham in the morning…

Hi DEANB the motor has the three peddle Opticruise box, which although not ideal in the snow copes alright with everyday driving although it does help having 580bhp under the cab…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180303_026.jpg

A good day out & a good walk into Lichtenstein

It’s true what they say there is light at the end of the tunnel lol
309BC915-4A34-478A-8BCE-A8CC0B9201CC.jpeg

Nice chilly start to the day in Germany
12383CB4-6250-4868-9340-7395ADA044BE.jpeg

Another Swiss,she’s down there somewhere?
A8F6B4F1-D17E-42E0-BEE1-0AB290D9C6F9.jpeg

There she is with the dirty roof!!

Next to gatehouse in Planzers they have this in a showroom

Wuzz going to do ur pickled eggs today Andrew but the veg man forgot to get me vinegar so we had to put that on hold , he said I will have it on Wednesday so here’s hoping.
Off to Salisbury Market tomozz to have a ganders, looking for pigs first then store cattle, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Wuzz going to do ur pickled eggs today Andrew but the veg man forgot to get me vinegar so we had to put that on hold , he said I will have it on Wednesday so here’s hoping.
Off to Salisbury Market tomozz to have a ganders, looking for pigs first then store cattle, Buzzer.

It’s ok John I’ve waited this long a bit longer won’t hurt lol I’ve been thanked for my patience twice in the past week as well think I must of mellowed lol

Salisbury Market today after pigs only one pen of five there to suit my needs and I was having them, trouble is you keep coming home empty handed and you still got the traveling costs, any ways the five I bought already weigh in at 96 kilo’s so they wont be long here before there done, pictures to follow as I forgot today, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Salisbury Market today after pigs only one pen of five there to suit my needs and I was having them, trouble is you keep coming home empty handed and you still got the traveling costs, any ways the five I bought already weigh in at 96 kilo’s so they wont be long here before there done, pictures to follow as I forgot today, cheers Buzzer.

Hope you had them checked over by the Security MI5 FBI Police Aware brigade after what happened locally over the weekend… Them Ruskies get in everywhere!

Regards

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:

Hope you had them checked over by the Security MI5 FBI Police Aware brigade after what happened locally over the weekend… Them Ruskies get in everywhere!

Regards

Yes OldishJoda I was concerned for Buzzer in Salisbury today on the news I thought they mentioned a dodgy character from Moos Cow, but was relieved to see him come back through our village on his way home on the congestion charge cctv camera we have,he has exemption,but will get a fine because he didn’t stop for the vet at the border !!

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:

Regards

Yes OldishJoda I was concerned for Buzzer in Salisbury today on the news I thought they mentioned a dodgy character from Moos Cow, but was relieved to see him come back through our village on his way home on the congestion charge cctv camera we have,he has exemption,but will get a fine because he didn’t stop for the vet at the border !!

Regards
Richard

I remember well those Italians Vets wanting paying for taking in all those Cattle Hides, then Customs demanding payment again when we pulled Spaghetti out…

By rights Italy should be well off the amount of monies they extracted from the Brits…
Regards

Now then learned man of Wellow or Couffe who ever you want to fall under, I will let you into a secret and that is that when Finger’s retired from Mont Cenis he was hounded out of Italy and being only fifty years young trained as a vet in Lyon then moved to Blackhill in the parish of Furzly which is very close to your gaff, any ways he does most of his work at Mr Burgess’s farm shop on Blackhill but freelances on passing traffic on the A36 and has been doing so for several years, as you slow down for the speed camera you just wind the window down and fling a packet of ■■■■ out the window with a £20 pond note inside and keep gelling, this is arranged via a phone call as you go through Landford and he is always there rain or not so stop making accusations of not doing the necessary sanitary checks.
On another note Andrew will be pleased today I got my supply of vinegar and was able to process the pickled eggs, there is a mother jar and five babies but the bad news is that they are in quarantine waiting to cure then I have to wait for Fingers to give them the all clear and that entails a home visit on his trusty Vespa so will be a while before you see them.
By the way I have a visa for Salisbury and its market so that why I did not encounter any problems yesterday during my visit but today might have been a different story as they surrounded Harnem Ambulance station wnich is close to the market.
Today we did a bit of light haulage for forage and straw with my new trailer but found it had a 13 pin plug not compatible with my pickup but managed to source a converter and all was well in the end, that’s it for todays Agricultural report, cheers Buzzer.

Thats a nice little outfit John, What is the GTW with the trailer ■■