Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

FFS this weather has got to me tonight, went to shut chickens in but as the snow makes it look lighter I caught 4 sunbathing on the ledge at the back of the big barn, good job I checked or Freddie Fox would have had a right feast. Then checked the steers but of course the water is frozen even with all pipes lagged, we topped the tank up this afternoon from the other one next door but they had drunk her dry so I have just done 15 round trips with a bucket in each hand to top them up for tonight, the Boss being chief bucket filler in the kitchen sink but tomorrows job is to run a hose from the house cant believe how much water 16 steers drink all the fun of farming.
Plus we have trucks stuck all over the place how is it with advance warning we still cannot cope with a bit of snow and of course the silly beggers who go out in a car who do not need too even they have had the warning, nought as queer as folks, cheers Buzzer.

Did you eat all that Buzzer, looks real good but it would defeat me.

Pretty much snowed in now here in Devon,A30 shut between Exeter and Launceston and bitterly cold well into minus figures.
Take care Norman.

As Buzzer said why do they go out in cars, one of my tenants is on nights at Chase Manhatten Bank (computer engineer ) in Bournemouth, he insisted he was going to work, the last I heard he was one of the 100 cars stuck on the Puddletown bypass which is now closed.

Buzzer:
FFS this weather has got to me tonight, went to shut chickens in but as the snow makes it look lighter I caught 4 sunbathing on the ledge at the back of the big barn, good job I checked or Freddie Fox would have had a right feast. Then checked the steers but of course the water is frozen even with all pipes lagged, we topped the tank up this afternoon from the other one next door but they had drunk her dry so I have just done 15 round trips with a bucket in each hand to top them up for tonight, the Boss being chief bucket filler in the kitchen sink but tomorrows job is to run a hose from the house cant believe how much water 16 steers drink all the fun of farming.
Plus we have trucks stuck all over the place how is it with advance warning we still cannot cope with a bit of snow and of course the silly beggers who go out in a car who do not need too even they have had the warning, nought as queer as folks, cheers Buzzer.

That’s obscene Buzzer ! 'cause it’s not in fron’t of me ! and I just bet you shared it with your good lady wife as there is no way you would have done it all, would you, could you ? :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Cheers Dennis. PS How many motors have you got stuck, and where ?

Buzzer:

John, I have never seen a plate like that !!! if ever you do B&B book me in. Harvey
PS dont think I would live for long but what a way to go !!!

Your a wrong un Buzzer putting that pic of your breakfast up thats got me proper hungry ! :laughing: :wink:

I bet you would like a pound for every one of your trucks that tipped here chap ! :laughing:

From 1974.

Click on pages twice to read.

1974 new covent.jpg

1974 new covent1.jpg

Whoa lads that was not my breakfast just a picture of one from a good café there is no way I could eat all that as nice as it looks bit OTT for me that. Well Frome Market had to admit defeat for its store sale today because of the adverse weather conditions not surprising really, no bread or milk in Tesco’s cos of twits panic buying and half will be thrown out at the end of the day.
Went to check water levels in the barn first thing and of course the tank was dry but i had foresite last night and got all the garden hosepipes in the warm so i could use them this morning instead of buckets. We have an outside tap from the kitchen and managed to thaw that out and connect all the pipes together about 80 yards and it worked so when the tank wuzz full got pipes back in the warm and will repeat the job this afternoon, bit of a pain but better than buckets, got plenty of feed and straw in so we should be ok till the thaw which wont take long if we get the rain they have forecast.
Dennis we did have trucks stuck mainly due to impatient car drivers who go round you fast then spin out as they have no idea how to drive in snow conditions, we had two loaded only 30 miles from the yard which usually take 40 minuets to do and it took them 7 hours but the nights in shining armour were a couple of off road landrover owners who joined together and got the trucks up the hills, bravo to them but they loved it but the trucks stay in the yard now till conditions improve, no point in sending them out to get stuck again or worse never worth it.
Dean been there many times NCGM remember when it first opened it were free to go in then some twit thought we should charge a pound for each truck and there was a blockade as a protest but it did not last long as Brits never seem to be able to stick together unlike our French counterparts, cheers Buzzer.

Tracy Island tonight snow has brought a few back as unable to load or even get near as in Johns pics from last night but hopefully tomorrow & Sunday morning we’ll all be back at it !!
9A6B3AD7-DEAD-4707-9DBC-2D684908903B.jpeg

Andrew was going to do your eggs today but the mush wot wuzz getting the vinegar got snowed in at his home near Salisbury so he wuzz a no show but I will get right on it soon as I got the liquor to bottle em. Hate this weather don’t mind the snow so much but when all the water pipes are froze its grief all round, did two fill ups with the hose pipe today so lets hope it rains and gets a tad warmer then the pipes will unfreeze, Cheers JD.

Buzzer:
Andrew was going to do your eggs today but the mush wot wuzz getting the vinegar got snowed in at his home near Salisbury so he wuzz a no show but I will get right on it soon as I got the liquor to bottle em. Hate this weather don’t mind the snow so much but when all the water pipes are froze its grief all round, did two fill ups with the hose pipe today so lets hope it rains and gets a tad warmer then the pipes will unfreeze, Cheers JD.

Think we’ve all been in that situation (never trust a ■■■■) but probably not to that extreme lol(don’t wear skirts myself) each to there own!!
I can wait for the eggs got the patience of a saint for things that worth waiting for!!
I feel your pain with the freezing water pipes as Tracy Island all frozen on wash never seen so many dirty blue n whites in one place?? & Horry said when I get dit10 back he is gonna wash the roof himself after work wearing a stobarts mankini singing the Archers theme tune (I may of made the last bit up)

Where were we? Oh I know somewhere in Germany waiting for eggs(pickled of course)

Been put on before can’t think where from(any chance some bacon with the sausages & eggs?) please!!
50C0CE0A-41BA-4EC7-B915-B2002B52E68D.jpeg

Very tight bay & awkward to get on,in Switzerland but we manage !!
4D6FC25F-2CB6-450D-B7C3-963FB2C148B6.jpeg
BEEBDA75-7F80-4A21-BBF8-BCE6290C300F.jpeg

Well relieved this morning as the water to the barn has thawed out and the tank self filled so that’s a chore I don’t have to do this morning, the sun is out now and I can feel it through the window as I type this so the big melt is happening and then we will have 24/7 reports on floods just wait and see. Have a look at the farming related picture below a friend put on FB as I think its absolutely brilliant, not your average snow creation, cheers Buzzer.

Andrew Morrison:

Buzzer:

Think we’ve all been in that situation (never trust a ■■■■) but probably not to that extreme lol(don’t wear skirts myself) each to there own!!
I can wait for the eggs got the patience of a saint for things that worth waiting for!!
I feel your pain with the freezing water pipes as Tracy Island all frozen on wash never seen so many dirty blue n whites in one place?? & Horry said when I get dit10 back he is gonna wash the roof himself after work wearing a stobarts mankini singing the Archers theme tune (I may of made the last bit up)

Hi Andrew, Is this the same Horry ■■?
I can hear all the men shouting, stop belitteling poor men, use women !!! Harvey

Cant find one of yours yet Buzzer,but look what’s just turned up ! :laughing: :wink:

A04154.JPG

Good find that one of Ian Lawsons F12 and that’s some time ago and think it was the original flat cab before it got replaced Dean, and I am pretty sure that is the exit of TIP’s yard in West Quay road before it all got built on and I reckon the caravan on the left of the picture was in fact Star Car Transporters office and tea room, a definite Mary Hopkins moment right there, cheers Buzzer.

PS. any one confirm it is TIP’s yard please as many have been in there.

A04154.JPG

Hi John, spot on mate.
As you drove into the yard you could see Wyndham court directly in front of you other side of rail line, Commercial road. “Still there”. Harvey

Ian Lawsons F12.JPG

Just got this off FB definitely a case of snap, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well what a bloody week got home weds night and then got snowed in, spent the last four days trying to thaw out water pipes. On Thursday morning our heating oil ran out and our water froze, so our only heat in the house is a log burner which has taken a hammering this last few days… We are having to let all our cattle out to drink in a watering hole in a field next to the buildings, and to put a tin hat on it our fridge/freezer has packed in, the 4wd on one of our tractors has gone bang and the other won’t start because it’s still frozen…things can only get better, at least I’m back at work tomorrow so I can get a shower somewhere…moan over.

Cheers from a cold [zb]off Wrighty.

WP_20180302_013.jpg

WP_20180228_033.jpg