Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Went on bay there was nothing just cold came out half hr later & it’s snowing but not too bad or so you’d of thought!!!
D297ADA6-CFF3-4743-ADC3-268C5CAB5703.jpeg

Half hr later parked up by Gendarmes & the motorway wasn’t that bad really & only stopping trucks,cars & buses allowed to carry on? At least I got marshalled into services not stop on motorway of which there was two lanes coned off just trucks as far back as you could see!!

4E95DCE0-FEEB-40C7-8948-D5AB32C7D55C.jpeg

Gendarmes finally opened motorway for trucks at 8pm but was even worse than when they parked us as it was all freezing by then & as I’d already missed my boat we rescheduled so I stayed put for a proper break!! Also would be rude not to take up the French Red Cross doggy bag they were giving out lol Anything for nothing me!!!

BAB92AFF-2C45-4952-9BD8-D3228D366BF7.jpeg

Finally got boat from Le Havre & a bit of a rough crossing too!!!
Always one gotta be different lol

Tell us like it is Andrew, we are in awe of your “thinking on your feet” prowess…and photos.

Hi all you great guys, I’m still lurking around in the back ground.
This isn’t my photo but one of my first international companies I worked for from Keynsham.

I aim to please Gazzer !!!
No sooner landed & back on another boat but this time to the land of Guinness although no time to partake in a drop!!

Good job I got here early & in position before car park filled up?? 18plts handball just over an hr to tip so not bad at all!!

Delivery to Tesco anyone? I was 1hr early for booking big song & dance to see if they gonna let me in or not!!! They did & the place was pretty much empty was only on bay 25 mins so why the fuss■■?

Trl being loaded whilst I have a 24 off so walk into Lesmahagow for haircut.

All systems go back on another boat from Dover!

I do like these led lights Spot on!!

Lux/German border,Wasserbillig.

Andrew nice to see some pics again after the drought and just to let you know I have 7&1/2 dozen eggs on the table curing ready to be boiled and pickled but I will be monitoring your input so keep it up mate and keep the punters happy, cheers JD.

PS. Andrew spose you want them in 2lb jars or do you want a half gallon one ? let me know.

Photo0963.jpg

Buzzer:
Andrew nice to see some pics again after the drought and just to let you know I have 7&1/2 dozen eggs on the table curing ready to be boiled and pickled but I will be monitoring your input so keep it up mate and keep the punters happy, cheers JD.

PS. Andrew spose you want them in 2lb jars or do you want a half gallon one ? let me know.

Would that be road planing’s you are using Buzzer ? IMHO it is the best material for the job, I used to buy in 2 or 3 x 20 ton loads periodically @ £2 per ton so we always had a stock heap to go at for pot hole filling. Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Would that be road planing’s you are using Buzzer ? IMHO it is the best material for the job, I used to buy in 2 or 3 x 20 ton loads periodically @ £2 per ton so we always had a stock heap to go at for pot hole filling. Cheers Dennis.

Aye it is Planings Dennis got offered some last week but delivery at night as thats when they were working £150 a load but only needed a couple of pickup loads so got it at the farm where i get me straw as they have a stock pile like you mentioned. Plenty of room there for night deliveries and better as they just fill the trucks up, about 25 ton or so per load as no VOSA about then, cheers Buzzer.

s

Buzzer:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Aye it is Planings Dennis got offered some last week but delivery at night as thats when they were working £150 a load but only needed a couple of pickup loads so got it at the farm where i get me straw as they have a stock pile like you mentioned. Plenty of room there for night deliveries and better as they just fill the trucks up, about 25 ton or so per load as no VOSA about then, cheers Buzzer.

s

The firm that I dealt with up our way was called Bruce Cook who seemed to have the Planing job sewn up during the 80’s and 90’s and they had a Free Lancer from Penrith who touted around to “get rid” locally instead of having to run to the designated tip many miles away. If you could take it during “the night” it was cheaper and as you say there was no danger of them being “pinched” as I can recall we got some tremendous heaps at times which on thinking about it certainly looked more than 60 ton but that was all I used to pay for strictly “cash no cheques”. I used to also wonder at times where it all disappeared to in the yard but it was surprising when me and a couple of the Lads got stuck in with the fore loader on our little David Brown tractor for a few hours, like a billiard table when we’d finished especially if I hired a Vibro Plant roller in sometimes. :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Buzzer:

Cheers JD 2lb jars fine will drip feed the pics now n then amazing what a few eggs can do lol
Cheers Andrew

Evening Buzzer

Been back up at Glenborrowdale today and what a grand morning it was, it’s amazing how a bit of frost can clean a site up. Back to Carlisle and loaded up for Coldstream in the morning, parked up at Kelso a bit chilly but not much snow yet…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180227_017.jpg

No snow here yet and I hope we don’t get any but a bitterly cold wind, had to give chicken there water in an old trough today as there automatic thingy froze up solid. Went to Frome to try and buy some pigs but came home empty handed as they were thru the roof and there were400 plus store cattle booked for Friday but that is now only 200 odd as the weather forecast must be putting them off, cheers Buzzer.

Photo0965 (2).jpg