Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Calais waiting on the ferry man
IMG_0916.JPG

Andrew Morrison:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Sounds like your getting yourself a decent size herd built up, lets hope the beef market holds up and you’ll be quids in. Eyeballed your no 1 “snapper” on the M25 this afternoon as I was heading for Hythe, now parked up near Eastbourne on mi way to tip in Hailsham int morning…

Think I see ya was you empty?

No mate had concrete panels on and a yellow post knocker on the back, it’s a good job you have the old fly swatter int windscreen cos you all look identical…

wrighty:

Andrew Morrison:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Sounds like your getting yourself a decent size herd built up, lets hope the beef market holds up and you’ll be quids in. Eyeballed your no 1 “snapper” on the M25 this afternoon as I was heading for Hythe, now parked up near Eastbourne on mi way to tip in Hailsham int morning…

Think I see ya was you empty?

No mate had concrete panels on and a yellow post knocker on the back, it’s a good job you have the old fly swatter int windscreen cos you all look identical…

Sshhh lol

Was that Sshhhwat Andrew or am I confused, you know my feelings of junk in’t winders but Mappo has to be the worse I known for that, then there was Rocky he had a gorilla well it was a bit of a likeness when you looked at it, then Young Dennis had a bloody tiger what stretched from door to door and I told him in no uncertain manner we were not a flaming circus so get rid, Cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Was that Sshhhwat Andrew or am I confused, you know my feelings of junk in’t winders but Mappo has to be the worse I known for that, then there was Rocky he had a gorilla well it was a bit of a likeness when you looked at it, then Young Dennis had a bloody tiger what stretched from door to door and I told him in no uncertain manner we were not a flaming circus so get rid, Cheers Buzzer.

John,

I remember when Mappo wore a waistcoat,chaps,spurs and a stetson,and you told him it was not a cowboy outfit !!

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

Buzzer:

John,

I remember when Mappo wore a waistcoat,chaps,spurs and a stetson,and you told him it was not a cowboy outfit !!

Regards
Richard

Richard and dear Angie hope your both in fine fettle, I think that’s when the change over occurred, of course most drivers thought that was swapping trailers with some one else but in poor old Mappo’s case its when he started donning those sandle’s black socks and very tight shorts, never did quite get the gist of things our Tone, cheers Buzzer.

I found this picture of Mappo a while back, so here it is again for any new Trucknet viewers
who have not seen it before. I have an enlarged copy of it on the mantlepiece, in order to keep
young children away from the fire. Talk to you soon Tony. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Buzzer:

Now look 'ere Buzzer, MaggieD and Ray, jealousy is a terrible thing :frowning: but luckily i’ve got broad shoulders. :laughing: :laughing:
Scary to think that photo was taken over 30 years ago…where has all that time gone eh. ? :open_mouth:
Apart from being a leader of fashion and a babe magnet, the reason i wore the socks was cos my feet used to burn badly when
exposed to the warm climates of Italy Spain and Greece… :sunglasses:
That photo was taken when i was driving for Jim and Barry Squibb ( if you remember Buzzer, i left them to work for you )
That box trailer was a one off for Squibbs, and had doors front and back…a real treat to pull compared to some of Jims old tilts,
though to be fair, they did eventually replace them with new Trailors. :smiley:

With reference to the “Babe Magnet” picture of Mappo 30 years ago, I think I need to go to “Specsavers”
Just had a closer look at it…I hadn’t seen the van trailer on the right in the picture…I thought that the
wee pale blue 3 Wheeler was Tonys lorry. Tony and I have spoken about living in Spain,and starting a
small transport company, with nothing bigger than the “Babe Magnet” lorry. We could work 1 week on
and 1 week off. There is only room for 1 in the cab, so if any 2 man jobs came along, I would drive the
“Lorry”, and Tony could follow me on the bus. The “Lorry” would have a smart paint job done, similar
to the one in picture 2, with our logo, “M & S” painted on the front. Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

YellowBus.jpg

wacky barber.jpg

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bit better weather today but the wind has a harsh edge to it so definitely coming from the North, took a bale of haylage to the outside steers but I have to approach at low reve else they here me coming and then its hard to get in the gate, littered up the barn of steers as I have separated the heifers five of which are TB testing this week and then gone. My mate is picking up me old qwad this week and all the other horse related gear I had left which when we got digging was quite a lot of stuff, amazing what you collect over twenty years. New tractor came Friday just waiting for the lorry to turn up now, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Bit better weather today but the wind has a harsh edge to it so definitely coming from the North, took a bale of haylage to the outside steers but I have to approach at low reve else they here me coming and then its hard to get in the gate, littered up the barn of steers as I have separated the heifers five of which are TB testing this week and then gone. My mate is picking up me old qwad this week and all the other horse related gear I had left which when we got digging was quite a lot of stuff, amazing what you collect over twenty years. New tractor came Friday just waiting for the lorry to turn up now, cheers Buzzer.

That tractor looked tidy chap,any more pics ■■? :wink:

Hi Buzzer an old Truck net .com mate of yours Peggy Deck Boy is here in Perth WA with view to joining Outback Truckers with his new acquisition.

Cheers Dig

DIG did not realise PDB was so travelled, sorry don’t like the truck mate bit like the USA all bonnet and long chassis’s but there you go.
Now on the farming front walked the boundary fence of me new got parkland grazing, what a setting for the steers to be in with dells and covers so they can get out of the wind. Plenty of grass and not too green and lush so plenty to feed on plus a bale of haylage every other day for goodness in the diet, they seem pretty chilled anyways.
TB test for five tomorrow at ten, new chicken house arrives on Wednesday and my Volvo is coming back with its new cattle body so lots going on, Buzzer.

Just a few photos from a trip last year.

Ray Smyth:
With reference to the “Babe Magnet” picture of Mappo 30 years ago, I think I need to go to “Specsavers”
Just had a closer look at it…I hadn’t seen the van trailer on the right in the picture…I thought that the
wee pale blue 3 Wheeler was Tonys lorry. Tony and I have spoken about living in Spain,and starting a
small transport company, with nothing bigger than the “Babe Magnet” lorry. We could work 1 week on
and 1 week off. There is only room for 1 in the cab, so if any 2 man jobs came along, I would drive the
“Lorry”, and Tony could follow me on the bus. The “Lorry” would have a smart paint job done, similar
to the one in picture 2, with our logo, “M & S” painted on the front. Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

I refer to me and Mappo starting a small local operation in South East Spain, and saying that if a 2 man job
came up, I would drive the wee lorry, and he would have to follow me on the bus. He had a whinge about this,
saying that his British Bus Pass is not valid in Spain, despite still being in the EU, until March 2019, so I looked
around for a bigger “Wee Lorry”, and found this type of vehicle, 2 seats and 4 wheels. I hope this stops him
having a gripe. He will need to get some new “Disguise Clobber” for when he arrives in Spain. Ray Smyth.

buggy.jpg

Two new arrivals at the homestead today, first me new chicken house all the way from Shropshire came flat pack but was put up by two Poles and very good they were too polite and efficient and the second arrival was me Volvo back with its new cattle body so been busy day, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Two new arrivals at the homestead today, first me new chicken house all the way from Shropshire came flat pack but was put up by two Poles and very good they were too polite and efficient and the second arrival was me Volvo back with its new cattle body so been busy day, Buzzer.

Truck looks tidy chap, how many cow will that hold out of intrest ■■? :unamused:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Truck looks tidy chap, how many cow will that hold out of intrest ■■? :unamused:

DEAN depends on there size but reckon 10 to 12 but weaners and yearlings 16 or so we shall see, it has a slam shut door in the middle so you can split the load, Buzzer.