Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Andrew Morrison:
Evening all sorry bout the loss of one of your cows John,I have a question & bear in mind I know nothing about farming but instead of disposal can you not get it cut up into meat for the freezer ■■
Cheers Andrew

Would not risk that Andrew especially as the vet gave it several jabs before it croked it goes to an incinerator and burnt best to be safe JD.

Delivered fresh fish into Germany quick wash out & over into Denmark to load frozen fish back to U.K.

Buzzer:

Andrew Morrison:
Evening all sorry bout the loss of one of your cows John,I have a question & bear in mind I know nothing about farming but instead of disposal can you not get it cut up into meat for the freezer ■■
Cheers Andrew

Would not risk that Andrew especially as the vet gave it several jabs before it croked it goes to an incinerator and burnt best to be safe JD.

Ah ok just wondered that’s all cheers

Came back Vlaardingen to Immingham a first for me a freighter was ok

Pole position as well

Loading trl for uncle Dodge(WuWa) only fair as he was loading one for me & that don’t happen very often lol
IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG

Buzzer:
Well today was of mixed emotions, this morning went and bought 9 more pure Simmentals subject to TB testing tomorrow then went with haylage for the older steers and one was not well, frothy in the mouth and heavy to breath, decided to get it home but it was unsteady on its pins and dropped by the back of the trailer at which point I called the vet not cheap on a Sunday I might add but when she approached it got up and amazed us all and jumped the gate. We followed up and the vet managed to listen with a stethoscope to its breathing which did not appear to bad but it had a wild eye and she thought it had a mental problem, any ways I used my harpoon injector to sedate the beast and after five minuets it was down and the vet administered some injections but alas it stopped breathing and that was the end of that. This is a loss of an animal worth £900 plus the vet call out which will be at least £300 and £150 to dispose of the carcase but if you have livestock you sometimes have deadstock but something we can all do without in the farming world as Wrighty will tell you, on another note I sold me qwad bike for £1250 so that may just cover the cost of todays disaster, Buzzer

Thats bad luck about the cow Buzzer. Sounds like the old vets know how to charge !

That Massey Ferguson looks very tidy you bought i would imagine thats a fairly old one but looks like
its been well looked after. I see you come up over zig zag the other week,thats a fine bit of country
side through there. Madonna used to own alot of that land around there as she owned an estate,as far
as i know her ex hubby Guy Ritchie still owns it. You mentiond about taking an artic up zig zag. I dont
think you would get a trix axle full length one up there but back in the 70s used to go up there in my
familys artics on 4 axles. Used to be exciting when you met a car watching them try and reverse out of
way !! :unamused: :wink:

DEANB:

Buzzer:
Well today was of mixed emotions, this morning went and bought 9 more pure Simmentals subject to TB testing tomorrow then went with haylage for the older steers and one was not well, frothy in the mouth and heavy to breath, decided to get it home but it was unsteady on its pins and dropped by the back of the trailer at which point I called the vet not cheap on a Sunday I might add but when she approached it got up and amazed us all and jumped the gate. We followed up and the vet managed to listen with a stethoscope to its breathing which did not appear to bad but it had a wild eye and she thought it had a mental problem, any ways I used my harpoon injector to sedate the beast and after five minuets it was down and the vet administered some injections but alas it stopped breathing and that was the end of that. This is a loss of an animal worth £900 plus the vet call out which will be at least £300 and £150 to dispose of the carcase but if you have livestock you sometimes have deadstock but something we can all do without in the farming world as Wrighty will tell you, on another note I sold me qwad bike for £1250 so that may just cover the cost of todays disaster, Buzzer

Thats bad luck about the cow Buzzer. Sounds like the old vets know how to charge !

That Massey Ferguson looks very tidy you bought i would imagine thats a fairly old one but looks like
its been well looked after. I see you come up over zig zag the other week,thats a fine bit of country
side through there. Madonna used to own alot of that land around there as she owned an estate,as far
as i know her ex hubby Guy Ritchie still owns it. You mentiond about taking an artic up zig zag. I dont
think you would get a trix axle full length one up there but back in the 70s used to go up there in my
familys artics on 4 axles. Used to be exciting when you met a car watching them try and reverse out of

Dean was talking to a mate of mine Derek Miller who has always done some bulk and he said he had been up Zig Zag fully loaded in a Guy Big J with no power steering in the eighties but a bulk trailer aint that long about 28 ft back then but challenging none the less, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Dean was talking to a mate of mine Derek Miller who has always done some bulk and he said he had been up Zig Zag fully loaded in a Guy Big J with no power steering in the eighties but a bulk trailer aint that long about 28 ft back then but challenging none the less, Buzzer.

Fully loaded in a GUY with no power steering !!! :open_mouth:

He must have had forearms like Popeye ! :laughing: :wink:

Has the tractor arrived yet chap,be nice to see some more pics of that !

Hi Dean tractor coming this week but not been told when but busy with cattle, got home the nine I bought Sunday and went to Salisbury Market and got four more today so tomorrow we are going to separate the heifers and they will go into the lean-too then I think I will out them and just concentrate on steers. There are 10 heifers now and 27 steers so the old barn is getting full plus the 24 outside. Been told me lorry will be done this week and hopefully delivered back to me with its new cattle box intact which I am looking forward to as I aint a great fan of trailers, cheers Buzzer.

image.jpg

What’s happened to the trailer? Not the usual Davies standard…

Ringrose:

Not bad for 8 to 9 years old with the work we do RR, the boys were going to replace but the cost has gone up a lot so that’s on hold at the mo, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Hi Dean tractor coming this week but not been told when but busy with cattle, got home the nine I bought Sunday and went to Salisbury Market and got four more today so tomorrow we are going to separate the heifers and they will go into the lean-too then I think I will out them and just concentrate on steers. There are 10 heifers now and 27 steers so the old barn is getting full plus the 24 outside. Been told me lorry will be done this week and hopefully delivered back to me with its new cattle box intact which I am looking forward to as I aint a great fan of trailers, cheers Buzzer.

The old herd is creeping up nicely ! Sounds like a busy week then chap,tractor and truck arriving !

Look forward to seeing some photos. :wink:

Evening Buzzer

Sounds like your getting yourself a decent size herd built up, lets hope the beef market holds up and you’ll be quids in. Eyeballed your no 1 “snapper” on the M25 this afternoon as I was heading for Hythe, now parked up near Eastbourne on mi way to tip in Hailsham int morning…

WP_20171108_004.jpg

WP_20171107_001.jpg

Ringrose:

Sorry bout the standard of trl RR but it had been up to Scotland then out to Denmark in some awful weather although inside had been washed out twice which is more important to keep customers prized possessions clean,dry & in tip top condition although did manage to give unit a quick wipe over lol
They are getting on a bit now but still well looked after & in good working order especially when compared with some other newer trls out n about theses days!!(I should know I’ve tried a few lately lol)
No doubt by time it went out again on Monday it was all washed & back up to Davies usual high standards?
Cheers Andrew

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Sounds like your getting yourself a decent size herd built up, lets hope the beef market holds up and you’ll be quids in. Eyeballed your no 1 “snapper” on the M25 this afternoon as I was heading for Hythe, now parked up near Eastbourne on mi way to tip in Hailsham int morning…

Think I see ya was you empty?

Andrew Morrison:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

I spotted a blue and white with a fly swatter west bound after A34 M4 this afternoon, was it you? more pictures when able would be great.

cheers

Bit of a que getting into Switzerland Monday morning was about 5km from start to finish will this be us soon with Brexit ■■?

mikey1964:

Andrew Morrison:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

I spotted a blue and white with a fly swatter west bound after A34 M4 this afternoon, was it you? more pictures when able would be great.

cheers

Yes it was mate couple pics going on as we speak lol

Tipping in Switzerland
IMG_0914.JPG