Brain Haulage

Blimey, an Albion from 1970. Six years before I passed my test.
Love the tug, though nothing like the 61 plate Terberg I drive now.
I had Johnny Newman’s 141 for a couple of weeks, dont remember the airhorns though.

Were the CGM and UASC operated by Brain Haulage? For that manner, are/were all container carrier-branded lorries operated by private haulage firms on behalf of steamship lines, or by the steamship lines themselves?

I found these old pics and thought some of you guys might appreciate them…

Now that is what I call a “sign” at the entrance of a haulage depot !! Used to see them all over the S.East and I always admired them,no Bollox,BRAIN HAULAGE,they did what it said on the signage !! Cheers Bewick.

That Maersk Line Renault 340 - E586 AVW is my old motor.
Blimey, it’s nice to see that again.
I’ve kipped in that some times.

nice to see the sign, shame the whole yard has just been flattened and is finally empty! End of an era. I did make enquiries as to what happened to the Brain Haulage picture that was still hanging in the office of Seabourne until they departed recently, but to no avail.

Dave remember them and the little g Renaults with the pods

Great photos but that DAF is an odd looking lorry.

Great pics ken… AEV100L was my ol mans motor on Seatrain 74/75, he jackknifed it on the M1 around Milton Keynes somewhere and the cab sat ■■■■■■ on the chassis after that… and at least 6 years later it looks like Brains still had it…albiet dressed up as a 111 :smiley:
did you ever post a pic of OPU640M. would love to see it

cheers

Tony

Yes Tony found loads of them now so will post a few at a time

Cheers Ken… Hope alls good with you as well :smiley:

I don’t remember the DAF’s Ken, but the Renaults - definitely.
They were 290’s weren’t they?
Only drove them a couple of times. Gutless.
Ken, have you got any pics of the Iveco 220/32’s they replaced our Renault 340’s with?

Yes Dave I have I will sort some out

Cheers mate.
I’ll look forward to seeing those.

Hi ken,
Got any photos of the 290’s painted up in CGM colours? Cant remember the reg but i had one.

To all,
On a sad note i have just heard that Dave Knight has passed away after a long illness. RIP dave.
Steve p.

We used to have this Ex Brain ACT Renault G290

Great to see a few more pics of the old firm surfacing. I’m racking my “brain” trying to remember who had the Turbostar in Cosco colours - it was just after JB had taken the contract over when there were a few Ivecos being bought

Couple of anorak moments with some of the other pics kindly posted by Mr ExBrain…

E951 FJN the DAF 95 was I think Bob Sullys - it was a 380 and I think all the others were only 310’s :slight_smile:
YAH 660X the F12 was at Felixstowe when I remember it driven by Kelly Stratton
BTW 171X the 142 in Lykes Lines colours I think was Ronnie Jones’s ■■?

Steve as promised some CGM 290s

Cheers Ken.

Great days.

Hi Ken
Not sure if you will have these photo’s but There are a couple of motors that my dad (Ronnie) used to drive on nights when I when out with him, they were F7’s and Peter Mertens Iveco in MISC colours.
Russell