Brain Haulage

Hi Tetleysmooth i have sent you a PM.

Thanks fodentanker, I’ll give that a bash later.

Dave sent you a pm

mrken:
Dave sent you a pm

And replied. Thanks mate.

spdarkstar:
Oh by the way this John Newman here,

When I get the hang of this board (it’s somewhat different to other blogs that I use) I will be putting some photo’s up, I’ve even got one with long time gone John Alan in it.
I

J. K. Newman
Darkstsr

Hello John.
Dave Smith here. I had your Scania six legger on holiday relief the year I was made permanent on Brains. Nearly set the brakes alight going down Birdlip, but I didn’t tell you at the time lol.
If you’ve got some photos of Johnny Allen, stick 'em up mate. I used to work with him on nights, along with Don Chandler, Ronny Holmes, John Taylor, Frankie Bailey, Terry Hunt and Ken ■■?, can’t remember his surname for the life of me.

hey all you guys blimy i thourght the old machine had had a fit, great to hear from all of you,so sorry to hear about dave prosser,i took over his 340 when he came of maersk,nice to hear from you dave,keep those shelves stacked mate you know every little bit helps,life is all go here,a clean pinny every week dusting&hoovering next week mymisses said she,d show me how to switch it on.so glad to hear chalkys still fighting fit&charllie brain too.Steve you still got your place in the south of france?if you have you will have have a stopover here for a bit of R&R.tony bardwell& his misses used to stay over on thier way up and down to spain,and tell chaplin he owes me a call.kenny sounds like you made the right move,when i last did a bit for maritime in 07 i couldnt get used to fifteen hours a day done twelve hours&they wanted me to go to northhampton and on a friday, hand brake day as it was known then to most bh drivers.dave terry is still working in his workshop at battlesbridge i speak to him most weeks him&steve tredwin were partners in T&T motors until steve went to afghanistan &dave went to bosina i had already left b,h in 1990working as rep repairing hydraulic cylinders there goes another story.so guys i had beter shut up for a while&let someone else have a go keep it all coming and how about some more pic ken,so long for now all the best phil…

hallo again everyone,sorry dave T somehow i deleted your measage after getting so many,great to hear from you after so long,i live just about in the middle of france near brive la gaillarde,department 19.been hear now nearly sevenyears still cant speak the lingo but get by as my misses is a english/french teacher,its a different world here,in the winter like now no tourists its a drivers heaven,driving from here to brive about fourteen miles we might see ten fifteen cars,are you still on the coaches? way4ward is that you george?all these names its like being back on the cb.dave terry sends his regards,do you keep in touch with any of the old firm?heard anything of johnny skurr?he did have a pub in brentwood anyway dave great to hear from you let me know what youre up to,maybe 2012 we ourght to have a bh reunion as the numbers are droping every year now .
PS.just had a call from a very old friend ofmine bob arscott RF transport wishes to be rememberd to everyone,so anybody i mist last time all the best till next time.philinfrance…

Hi Phil, Dave T Here nice to hear from you, I reckon it must be nearer 30 years since I saw you last. sorry to hear about your wife. No not on the road anymore but I did enjoy the time I was on the coaches, should have done it years ago, it was a great time. I saw John Skurr last January when we went to Dave Hibbs funeral. He had a stroke in Germany and spent years in a home in Clacton. Don Malcolme was also there, hadn’t seen him since we were working in the Middle east, it was good to see both of them after all this time. Way4ward is in fact Jimmy Fitzgeralds son Tony, we have kept in touch by email since Jim passed away. Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news Phil, but Bob Fenwick also passed on last year. (Don’t know if you worked with him) . I only new when my brother George read about it in the local paper. It was a tragedy as he was so young. John Skurr spends a lot of time in Cyprus where he has a villa. Give my regards to Dave Terry when you speak to him next time. I noticed that a mrken had posted a reply regards Alf & John Elsdon ,Well I have a Badge of Mousy Tongue that Alf gave to me many many years ago that he got from his time in Hong Kong,(when visiting his son who was in the army) if mrken wants it is his his, just contact me on djturner9@ blueyonder.co.uk

Hello chaps
Don’t know what made me type brainy’s into google,must be a 20th aniversary thing although it don’t feel that long.

Russ will prob know who i am(How is every one) but for those who don’t it’s Del wheatley i was in the workshop up till the morning we got told not to bother opening our tool boxes. :frowning:

Real sad to read about Alan but that explains why i havn’t bumped into him shopping in a while and reading Sullys name just reminded me of having to go round the london road club to jumpstart his Daf 95 then leaving the place leggless after Pat the tea man would turn up and get the beer flowing.
We always had to spend the rest of the shift hiding from j stoneham who’d be on the look out for the van load of drunk fitters. :laughing: :laughing:

Gotta say it’s still the most fun i’ve had at any job,realy has taken me back seeing the old pics and i still remember which jobs i did on each of the ones i recognise .
It’s prob sad but i do miss the place a little bit.

Stay safe dudes

Del

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone still running or selling any Renault G290’s

Looking to get one to restore, I know they were not the best but i liked the look of them.

Hopefully someone out there can help.

Cheers

Geezer500:
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone still running or selling any Renault G290’s

Looking to get one to restore, I know they were not the best but i liked the look of them.

Hopefully someone out there can help.

Cheers

Don’t know where you’ll find one but when/if you do don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have during the restore as i know me way around the g and the r range with me eyes shut.

Del

Hi All
We have an ex Brains 20’ Skelly to remove from our fleet if anyone would like it recently shot blasted & painted no MOT but in good nick.

hi guys,
its been a bit quiet on the news front lately lads where is everyone?here i am sluming it up in france no news about the old firm wondering where everyones gone.Its great to hear from you ol boys now and again you know,Dave T.you said that Johnnie Skurr spends alot of his time in Cyprus has he still got the pub in Brentwood?&what do you do for a crust these days.Johnie Newman came on here and was going to let me know where he lives in Spain. I spoke to Peter Partridge this week&he told me that Johnie Davis was coming back to theUK from Spain because hes not very well,get well soon JD if you hear,from all of us.Peter Mertens is now into model boats and now sails his model MTB on lake meadows in Billericay,i also heard hes just bourght a submarine,strange what some people do for fun.My only news is weve just borght a caravan so now after all those years of swearing at …caravans to get out the…way i shall just keep me head down.
Mrken how are you?what about some more photos?i know Peter Sumpters got hundreds get agrip of him,anyway guys i will now shut up and give someone else a chance,all the best to everyone the Tesco crew big Dave Smith and co.wheres Steve Poulton got to?could go on for hours,
cheers lads phil.

hi phil,
still on here from time to time,still working tho’ unlike you, you lazy good for nothing,lol.
i think ken should give pete a kick up the arse as well!!
here’s me and kevin rance (remember him?) when we had a proper job!

cheers steve.

Hi Phil I am ok thanks I can remember the summer months of going to the west country to load clay and getting stuck behind a caravan on the 303 thinking if they taxed them by the foot you wouldnt see that many lol.Steve glad your ok aint seen you about latley and will start putting more pics up this week.

filinfrance:
all the best to everyone the Tesco crew big Dave Smith and co.wheres Steve Poulton got to?could go on for hours,
cheers lads phil.

Hello Phil.
I’ll give your regards to Don Chandler and Colin Green down at Tesco’s mate.
Always good to see you posting Mr Ken.
All the best to everyone.
Dave

well it seems like the old firm has been forgoten by most who worked there i worked in the workshop fron 1977 t0 1982 it was a great place to work i remember some of the drivers names in listings i hope somebody reads this people forget very easy about what a goog job it was and how well paid we all were its my first post john c

Tetleysmooth:

filinfrance:
all the best to everyone the Tesco crew big Dave Smith and co.wheres Steve Poulton got to?could go on for hours,
cheers lads phil.

Hello Phil.
I’ll give your regards to Don Chandler and Colin Green down at Tesco’s mate.
Always good to see you posting Mr Ken.
All the best to everyone.
Dave

Steve Poulton turned up in our yard a while back, driving for Maritime.
I would like to have spent more time chatting, but we were both a bit busy!!

well looks like people are still reading post,s about old firm
nice to see i can remeber names from late 70s/early 80s
iworked in grays work shop 1977/1980 them went to felixstowe
to run shop until 1983 ,then started my own haulage company
moved to usa in 1990 and yes im still here .would love to here if any old fitters are still around
like johnstoneham
lenny hutton
jim eastman
charlie manning
tony slatter
just a few names came to mind
john c

Few old ones Dave

IIRC That was John Newmans or Saunders