Your views please

my tempory driving job is about to end soon,so i have been applying for driving jobs aint had much joy
but went for an interview last week only 7.5tonne but its permanent i have my class2 but aint had it more than 2 years so pretty dificult getting a start,anyway went for interview showed my c.v to interviewer answered all questions that was asked of me honestly,he said yes you have plenty of experience nearly 20yrs of driving vans 7.5tonne vehicles 12 months class2.he said he has had that many apply who he said aint drivers but they have the 7.5tonne entitlement because of grandfather rights,also said i was the only one that week that had taken both parts of my licence to the interview
and that i was well up on tacho laws,he said he has had chefs,builders,nearly every tradesman you can think of apply.so my question is should genuine drivers get driving jobs and not someone who has the entitlement to drive but who may have never driven for a living?

They may have applied for the job but a non-driver won’t have the experience nor the tacho knowledge so I can’t see how they’d have any advantage over the “genuine” driver.

im afraid theres a lot of people chasing any job at the moment ive even gone to jobs where the stated wage in the ad changed in the interview and its more whos cheapest rather than skills sadly now take the job if you are offered it. why pay decent wages when they have a pcky nicky list as long as your arm that will work for tuppence,its not just driving thats affected sadly.