driving jobs

ive seen a few people on here advertising for jobs, but not had a reply. is the work really that low?

i had done some research and thought the driving business was low on drivers?

Could any one please give me tips to finding jobs? what has best worked for them? i will be a new driver, however i wont let any one down, just need that chance

a lot of jobs want experience,. how do people go about getting jobs? all wanting 2 years experience?

JS06:
a lot of jobs want experience,. how do people go about getting jobs? all wanting 2 years experience?

Same as it has been for the last 100 or so years dont matter in what industry

There are jobs out there but you will have to look for them they dont come to you be prepared to do some leg work

Depends where you live sorry but crystal ball broke :laughing:

There not really a driver shortage did you really research your area or was it just agency advertising the same job as they tend to do that

animal:

JS06:

Same as it has been for the last 100 or so years dont matter in what industry

There are jobs out there but you will have to look for them they dont come to you be prepared to do some leg work

Depends where you live sorry but crystal ball broke :laughing:

There not really a driver shortage did you really research your area or was it just agency advertising the same job as they tend to do that

I will go out and look for it, ive worked since i was 16, not shy of a bit of work, just wondered how people get around the company’s wanting 2 year exp,

ive seen an article in the paper about driver shortages, im from Barnsley so any area around me i will try,

Is rthe best thing to do just go to companies and ask? like how do Tesco, Morrison, ect get there drivers?

Never worked for a large company

I phoned some companied then went round to meet & greet a lot of the companies in my area

Registar with a couple agencies you may have to be a little economical with the truth but never lie as you will be found out

But I did it the old fashioned way started with a small va then worked way up so did know some people from that

I have nearly alway worked ( took a break to have kids )

You could apply for this job, not too far from Barnsley, it says experience preferred but you never know, they are struggling to get drivers, be warned though its very physical handball work , but the salary looks good for the area, get it on your C.V for 12 months then look elsewhere if it doesn’t suit. Just look at the bigger picture.

jobsite.co.uk/job/driver-951 … em&sctr=LO

I am too a newbie and next week hoping to start Class 2 training if pass theory first time.
i have spoken to a few companies local to leicester where i live and a couple of them have said they would take on newbies and have done before. the only thing for me is that the pay per hour is less than that for agency but the company i spoke to would train and mentor…fab for experience . I have also spoken to several agencies and they said could get me working asap…not that i believe what they say…but some good advice i got from 1 agency guy was to start agencies then get a varied amount of experience first then decide to go permanent… A lot of drivers though prefer flexibility and more pay that agencies can give

space1999:
I am too a newbie and next week hoping to start Class 2 training if pass theory first time.
i have spoken to a few companies local to leicester where i live and a couple of them have said they would take on newbies and have done before. the only thing for me is that the pay per hour is less than that for agency but the company i spoke to would train and mentor…fab for experience . I have also spoken to several agencies and they said could get me working asap…not that i believe what they say…but some good advice i got from 1 agency guy was to start agencies then get a varied amount of experience first then decide to go permanent… A lot of drivers though prefer flexibility and more pay that agencies can give

yeah i may have to do a few months on a class two to get experience then try get a job class 1, be better if i can get class 1 job straight away tho,

I have a few jobs lined up, with a start guaranteed but it may not be there in a few months time,

im struggling to find any agencies around barnsley tho,

Pertemps on the Gist contract, believe they have been known to take on newcomers.

Don’t expect to run before you can walk, whilst setting your sights high eventually is a good thing, in reality most of us started at the bottom, the hardest work with the oldest ropiest tackle, sometimes though such companies pay better money than the all flash no cash merchants, they have to in order to keep staff.

Just look around, in person that is, knock on doors, sooner or later something will crop up.

Oddly enough, there are some jobs out there that do require a bit of experience, but are actually open to rookie class 1 drivers. Last week I went into an agency in west London and gave them my licence to copy and first thing they came up with was an artic job that required backing into building sites where there isn’t much space and the access roads are windy. I went in for one day and it turned out that they really wanted me to drive a 26-tonne rear-steer rigid. I was annoyed but it turned out to be a lucky escape. Another agency found me a trunking job in a drawbar, but it’s a mystery why easy motorway trunking jobs require 2 years’ experience while difficult construction driving jobs don’t.