You must of heard this one... The Sequal

Our resident BS Artist was waffling on to a captive audience (including me) the other day.

It seems that when he was on his adventures “ont’continent” he was stopped for speeding in his artic in Germany.

Luckily he had the presence of mind to remind the Politzi that the stretch of Autobhan he was on didn’t have a speed limit. The German saw that he was wrong and my pal was let off with a warning…

Personally, I’ve done a lot of work in Germany but I have never heard that one before. Any thoughts…?

Al

Every company’s got at least one. If the plod realised he was wrong, any particular reason for the warning then? Warned him about what I wonder…

Wheel Nut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYl1_Yl6pZQ

It wasnt you was it :laughing:

No it wasn’t me. I did get done for speeding once. The boys in green were laughing as they gave me the receipt for 30DM. I bet I paid for their beer on the way home from work that evening.

I was sorta hoping I would be proved wrong on this one and the BS man was telling the truth for once.

Al

Regardless of the speed limit on the autobahn the limit for trucks is still 80 km.

AlexWignall:
Luckily he had the presence of mind to remind the Politzi that the stretch of Autobhan he was on didn’t have a speed limit. The German saw that he was wrong and my pal was let off with a warning…
Personally, I’ve done a lot of work in Germany but I have never heard that one before. Any thoughts…?
Al

I’m confused :blush: are you thinking the BS is that he was let off with a warning (maybe was a nice copper)
or that there was no speed limit (there are stretches that are derestricted for cars)
its not hard for me to get confused though :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
Regardless of the speed limit on the autobahn the limit for trucks is still 80 km.

Thats what I thought. I’m sure I remember a sign dipicting the correct speeds for various vehicles just as you cross over the border.

I don’t think I’ve seen a specific vehicle speed limit sign and I only found out it was 80kph for trucks in germany when i moaned on here couple of years ago about why they drove so slowly then somebody (think it was britpete) informed me of the speed limit for trucks

AlexWignall:

Coffeeholic:

Thats what I thought. I’m sure I remember a sign dipicting the correct speeds for various vehicles just as you cross over the border.

Yep, the signs are at every border, or at least all the ones I’ve ever used.

I haven’t been to the Fatherland for a while, it was always 80km/h with lots of overtaking bans for lorries, unless a CSAD was at the front of the line of lorries, then it was 70km/h…if it was a downhill stretch…and the wind was behind them :laughing:

Do they unofficially let you run at 90km/h now?

I wish I had remembered those signs as I was being patronised along with everyone else.

I wonder why, blokes and it is always blokes, feel the need to come up with this kind of crap when they get with a bunch of other drivers?

the one i got told today is that

in europe you cannot do more than 2 consequtive nights out in a low/normal cab it must be a high cab.
and its coming in here soon…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

jc69817:

in europe you cannot do more than 2 consequtive nights out in a low/normal cab it must be a high cab.

Thats my old thread from last week you nugget! You must work at our place…

AlexWignall:

jc69817:

Thats my old thread from last week you nugget! You must work at our place…

not been on for a few weeks. where is the thread
this came from a driver who used to do euro all the time lol

They even had the t’internet in Europe in my day… as long as you were a scientist…

Look for “You must of heard of this one…”

(you didn’t miss much, try the anti Polish thread instead) Al

This is taken from a German site.

130km/h in Blue is a recommended speed limit. If it is in a Red border it is the speed limit.

Autobahnen.JPG

Thanks Wheel Nut,

now that I have had a couple of beers, hic, I actually feel sorry for the inadquate ■■■■ for feeling the need to come out with this stuff in the first place.

I’m even more annoyed at myself for taking the ■■■■ behind his back on the internet.

Al

Wheel Nut:
This is taken from a German site.

130km/h in Blue is a recommended speed limit. If it is in a Red border it is the speed limit.

That’s not what’s actually put on the road though to actually designate the unlimited sections of autobahn.It’s this one following the speed shown in the red circle that you’re looking for :smiley: .But only if you’re driving a car not a truck :wink: .

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Zeichen_282.svg