Some help needed

I wonder if any of you good people could help me with something I do not understand.

A couple of years ago I got nicked in a radar on the A60 outside of Manchester. My fault - should have been paying more attention. As an option to an endorcement I attended a Speed Awareness course and I must say it worked and I am now more aware of limits and pretty much stick to them.

So why is it that when obeying speed limits I get horns blown, V signs, the finger and shouted at? What do they want me to do? Do speed limits only apply to people over 50?

The same happens when I turn off the main road onto the lane that leads to my house. The junction is on the apex of a 90 degree busy bend and I am sorry but it is necessesary to come pretty much to a stop before you can see anything approaching. Result? More horns and swearing.

It has to be said that the principle annoyance seems to be caused to members of the local Mink and Manure set driving their regulation Range Rovers, or as they say round here “Mai daddies Wange Wover”.

I would be much obliged for some ideas on what I am doing wrong.

David

Take no notice David, too many people in a rush now a days, chill out and laugh at them!

David, i also had to do the same course ,what you were told was correct, and i also follow the speed limit where there is one in built up areas ,kids ,schools etc however Motorway ,duel carriage ways,
i go with the flow and probably more in fact i would lead the pack,because i am in control of my car,[allegedly] as you are when your driving so sit back and do what your doing,you know your correct, however,no fingers to the impatient, every one has their day, and they will so F—em.

Stick to speed limits

You could just blow a kiss / wave / wave little finger if male :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: sorry

Ang

It seems to be the same wherever you go theses days. Always somebody about two feet from your a**** end or trying to beat everything else away from the lights. The majority underestimate the power and speed they have at their right foot and the damage that will be caused when something goes wrong. The opinion seems to be that speed limits are just to keep the sign manufacturers busy !!!
I was in California earlier this year and the situation is similar there.

Tyneside

Or they go flying past you then realise there are road works with Average speed cameras pull in front then slam breaks on & expect you to be able to stop then won’t move out the inside land when normally they never go near it unless they need to exit grrrrrr rant over

They then sit below the Average speed sign as they don’t really understand them

Stop looking in the mirror then you won’t have to worry about them! :smiley:

cav551:
Stop looking in the mirror then you won’t have to worry about them! :smiley:

What mirror when in front of me

Evening all,

David, just ignore them…it gets to any professional driver the antics that we see on todays , oh, so crowded roads…but it is not going to go away!

The “gears to go, brakes to slow” Clarkson idolising brigade simply have no idea what it is like to drive smoothly, and in turn cover great distances quickly, without putting either themselves, or anyone else at risk…sadly, they will never have the satisfaction of driving with skill.

There is little visible Police presence on any road to curb the excesses of some, and many who drive are totally unaware of their inappropriate velocity for given conditions…(and sadly many of todays lorry drivers, for whatever reason, fall into this catergory).

Sadly, this affliction affects both male, and female, young and old, black, brown, pink, or grey…all one can do is drive in ones own bubble, and just ignore whatever the others are doing…Once, (when young and innocent), I thought the worst European drivers were in Italy, and Belgium…(.then I went to the United States)…but without doubt today the worst idiots are the hard charging inhabitents of this so green land.

Drive safe folks…

Cheerio for now.

Star drivers don’t have the problem of adhering to speed limits!!! :wink:

Saviem:
Evening all,

David, just ignore them…it gets to any professional driver the antics that we see on todays , oh, so crowded roads…but it is not going to go away!

The “gears to go, brakes to slow” Clarkson idolising brigade simply have no idea what it is like to drive smoothly, and in turn cover great distances quickly, without putting either themselves, or anyone else at risk…sadly, they will never have the satisfaction of driving with skill.

There is little visible Police presence on any road to curb the excesses of some, and many who drive are totally unaware of their inappropriate velocity for given conditions…(and sadly many of todays lorry drivers, for whatever reason, fall into this catergory).

Sadly, this affliction affects both male, and female, young and old, black, brown, pink, or grey…all one can do is drive in ones own bubble, and just ignore whatever the others are doing…Once, (when young and innocent), I thought the worst European drivers were in Italy, and Belgium…(.then I went to the United States)…but without doubt today the worst idiots are the hard charging inhabitents of this so green land.

Drive safe folks…

Cheerio for now.

Well said that man, Ive been driving now for 64 years, Cars to start with then onto wagons,I was taught by drivers much older than me, & would give me a slap if I didn’t obey their orders, & They were the best set of old men that I had the pleasure of working with, Driving standards today are the worste ive ever seen all the years I spent behind the wheel driving down to London South Wales & The north of Scotland, Im an old man now but I still know right from wrong when it comes to driving,Regards Larry.

I don’t let these idiots get to me these days, as others have said just do your thing and ignore them. I’m sure that there are plenty of drivers these days on the roads who haven’t even passed a driving test (not that the test proves that they are a competent or safe driver). Then there are those that aren’t insured. I do think that driving standards are worse than they used to be. Where we operate from means that our drivers use the M6 every day and there is a serious incident on there through Staffordshire and Cheshire every day of the week, yet it gets nothing like the publicity that the M25 would do. Add it all up and the wasted hours it costs us every week is substantial.

They can shout, sound the horn, gesticulate, etc etc until they’re blue in the face, …best to just ignore it. The only time to start being concerned is when they start punching etc. :wink:

Or this:- outside Wetherspoons in Dewsbury, Tuesday this last week. Gave us old lads supping our pints a bit of excitement.
examiner.co.uk/news/west-yor … s-11793686

Well GOM you have a lot more excitement outside your local than we do.

Our local is right on the 90 degree bend that I mentioned before so we do get the odd roll-over or knocking down of the Doctors garden wall to amuse us from time to time. Always good for a laugh. Mind walking to the pub and crossing the road provides enough excitement for me!

David

David you could always slow down to less than the speed limit as this always pee’s them off even more and I find satisfaction doing this, I too had to do a speed awareness course and when attending I thought sit at the back do the course and don’t say anything but when I heard what others had to say it fired me up and I had to say my piece, there is always some clever ■■■■ who thinks he knows all and at the end of the day knows nought. Having a choice and knowing I was in the wrong 34 in a 30 zone I would rather have just paid £200 and not gone and listened to that load of cobblers without the endorsement of course, be like the French hit the wallet and let you gel on, cheers Buzzer.

I’ve got to ignoring them,it is more satisfying and eases the blood pressure. Mike :smiley: