Heard the one?

I know one of the magazines had a “heard at the gate corner”

Anyway, heard or should I say overheard on the train, this week.

Nolans the well known Irish haulier sometimes known as Paddy Betz to set the scene.

"Richard Nolan had an urgent job to Milan so he went out and bought a new FH16 660 and gave it to a couple of Polish drivers who were to double man to Milan. This job became regular and after 5 weeks away the Poles had had enough and brought the truck home, they then emptied the cab into a taxi and left for the airport.

Richard Nolan came out of his office to see why this truck was stood in the yard with the engine still running. He thought that it sounded strange so called Volvo to come and have a look at it. According to this driver the FH16 had been fitted with a 340 engine and gearbox and the Poles had sold it.

Something doesnt ring true with me and after the next story that this driver told his colleague about “when I did the middle east” I worked for a bloke called David Turner and used to do Saudi Arabia, Athens and Istanbul. He paid me £7500 per trip and it took 3 weeks :open_mouth: but I could do Istanbul in 5 days and I used to hide the truck at home for 2 weeks

Eventually the boss got wise and only paid me £600 per week. Now this seems a bit wierd and I have been looking desperately for

malc did the bloke on the train have fluffy clogs a chequered padded shirt and a wallet on a chain :laughing:
thats quality ya get some right heros on the boats n the train.

I have heard about the engine swapping incident it was’nt them details but I have heard somthing similar.

Don’t know if it’s true or not but would’nt surprise me, possibily not to the extent of an engine but i dare say the odd spare wheel and tyre must “have been nicked” from underneath the trailer.

I think your picture sums it up nicely.
Something like that might have happened many years ago and become truck folklore and it’s been re-hashed, using the latest skapegoats for all the ills in the haulage industry.
Can you actually get to Istanbul in 5 days? Let alone turn the job round and get home :unamused:

The thing is these drivers think that we believe them :unamused: and why are they the loudest voice you hear when a group of drivers are in the same place?