Lorry Drivers talking crap!

I had to park in a truckstop the other night in the UK. At the table next to me I had to listen to 3 or 4 drivers who had been to a different school to me arguing about! yes you guessed it! Speed :confused:

Apparently on the planet these muppets come from there is a different speed limit for heavier trucks :confused:

It is ok for a 5 axle truck at 40 / 41 tonne to run at 56mph on dual carriageways, but a 44 tonner can only do 50mph

This same rule applies on singe track roads as well according to one of them.

40/41 tonne is 50mph and 44 tonne and heavy haulage is 40mph.

One driver even said his mate was a traffic policeman and he had shown him the new rules!

God Help Us! How are we going to cope with all the different speed limits? and who can tell what weight a truck is plated at by counting the axles?

Presumably by these rules 38 tonners need a parachute fitting and 7.5 tonners are racing cars

ROFLMAO Where do they get this stuff from and worse who the heck believes it? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sounds like they are getting confused with STGO speed limits :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

must have been curries drivers lol

Apparently itā€™s in the H.G.V driving test.

You have to
A, sit a written test

B, carry out a physical driving test on the public roads

C, Answere questions on highway code

D, Go to the ā€œmockā€ cafe in the test center and talk bovine excretia for at least
half an hour whilst making copius use of the ā€œbottomless cupā€.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

talk bovine excretia

Not heard that one before.PMSL. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

kitkat:
must have been curries drivers lol

hahahahahā€¦hey kk ā€¦i,m a currys driver now ā€¦hahahahahahaha :wink: :wink:

l Two days ago I had an argument with a driver who was convinced that the tacho didnā€™t start recording until you started driving!

Where do they come from, but the most frightening (spelling) thing is that they believe it.

Made me laugh though :laughing:

Theres a bloke at our place who reckons a 6x2 tractor unit coupled to a 44 foot triaxle reefer weighs only 9 tonnes empty! I told him the unit weighs a shade under 8 tonnes alone but he still wouldnā€™t have it.

north surrey haulage:
Apparently itā€™s in the H.G.V driving test.

You have to
A, sit a written test

B, carry out a physical driving test on the public roads

C, Answere questions on highway code

D, Go to the ā€œmockā€ cafe in the test center and talk bovine excretia for at least
half an hour whilst making copius use of the ā€œbottomless cupā€.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LMAO :laughing:

A sign a mate of mine had on his passenger side dashboard years ago read:

ā€˜Iā€™m a bit of a (zb) myself,but carry on,itā€™s nice to listen to an expertā€™

Used to shut the trade-platers up when heā€™d stopped for them. :wink:
edited for language :wink: mrs mix[/b]

Wheel Nut:
I had to park in a truckstop the other night in the UK. At the table next to me I had to listen to 3 or 4 drivers who had been to a different school to me arguing about! yes you guessed it! Speed :confused:

Apparently on the planet these muppets come from there is a different speed limit for heavier trucks :confused:

It is ok for a 5 axle truck at 40 / 41 tonne to run at 56mph on dual carriageways, but a 44 tonner can only do 50mph

This same rule applies on singe track roads as well according to one of them.

40/41 tonne is 50mph and 44 tonne and heavy haulage is 40mph.

One driver even said his mate was a traffic policeman and he had shown him the new rules!

God Help Us! How are we going to cope with all the different speed limits? and who can tell what weight a truck is plated at by counting the axles?

Presumably by these rules 38 tonners need a parachute fitting and 7.5 tonners are racing cars

It is to save me having to listen to absolute bulls feaces like this that I avoid Truckstops (except for a shower) like the plague

TheBear:
It is to save me having to listen to absolute bulls feaces like this that I avoid Truckstops (except for a shower) like the plague

Some time ago I was in the PB truckstop in Gent waiting for a trailer to come off the ship from Gothenburg.
There I sat,on my own,reading a book after finishing my meal.Along comes this utter (zb) and sits down next to me and starts rabbiting on about this and that into his mobile phone (he was a Brit) and after finishing his phone conversation (which the whole restaurant heard) he starts trying to make small talk.When he realised I wasnā€™t going to be receptive to his garbage he went to another table to annoy someone else.

Another time,in Carisio one weekend,I was sitting in the bar Sunday morning (ahem,drinking coffee mā€™lud) when one of my Dutch colleagues sayā€™s to me ā€œHeā€™s Britishā€ looking at a driver whoā€™d just emeged from the shower with a clean T-shirt on that was full of holes and barely covered his ample stomach.
And by god he was right!

You can usually spot them a mile off.

language edit if it needs stars itā€™s not allowed :wink: mrs mix

Had one the other day trying to tell me that an imperial ton was about half of a metric tonne and that he had got away with any number of stops by police by telling them that.

The most unbelievable though is some yorkshire driver called rob, his boss tells him that he is the best driver heā€™s got. Thatā€™s not the unbelievable bit. Itā€™s the fact that rob believed him that made me wet myself.

Best Shunter davecsm , I SAY BEST SHUNTER, as his boss says, that be young young young Rob the K :smiley:

Oh the joyā€™s of carrying around a RHA handbook aroundā€¦ kept within easy reachā€¦ :slight_smile:

"Oh yes drivā€¦ Iā€™m sure youā€™re right about being allowed to drive an extra 167hrs to park up safelyā€¦ But iā€™ll just check my bookā€¦ !!! " :smiley:

Luv
Chrisieā€¦ :sunglasses: