Yet another Noobie!

Hello to you all !

Just to introduce myself i am 28 and recently made redundant after 11 years working for an it company . It was just the clean break i needed to change my career . Have always wanted to drive HGV’s (my old man has been driving them for the past 23 years) .

So far i have got the provisional license and passed my hazard perception test (barely i might add) and failed the multiple choice by 2 questions !

I have a re test this thursday and am sure hoping to pass this time round (if i dont i will get nagged at by the wife !)

Also just a quick question too , i am taking my practical lessons with wallace school of transport in wembley . Anyone heard any good / bad things about them ?

Sorry about the essay lol !

Best of luck for theory resit.

Someone recently passed with Wallace and wrote a diary of sorts.

Try typing Wallace into search box at top of page. I would search it for you but I am on my mobile.

Keep us updated on your progress :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum

I only just scraped through my hp test I was seeing the hazzards too soon for the computer so ended up missing the marking window a lot of drivers who have been driving years have this happen as its really designed for a completly new driver to teach them to look ahead , im sure you will pass multiple choice next time , read ya theory from now till then it will sink in honest , dont know anything about Wallace but saw them about when I was training for my hgv vehs look ok

anyway best of luck for mc when you retake it

Jen x

Wallaces is a very old established company and is one of the few DSA Accredited LGV Training Centres in the UK. Don’t think you’d go far wrong. All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

cheers for replying to my post lol .

So have now passed Multiple Choice ! Start my actual driver training on the 4th of may in heathrow which means my practical test will be Hayes ?

Also now looking into doing part 2 of the initial driver cpc, i take it you can do it straight away yes ?

Have also spoken to a few recruitment agencies saying that it will be difficuklt to get a job at the end of it . But im prepared to struggle and keep hitting up companies to take me on .

Blue_Boy12:
cheers for replying to my post lol .

So have now passed Multiple Choice ! Start my actual driver training on the 4th of may in heathrow which means my practical test will be Hayes ?

Also now looking into doing part 2 of the initial driver cpc, i take it you can do it straight away yes ?

Have also spoken to a few recruitment agencies saying that it will be difficuklt to get a job at the end of it . But im prepared to struggle and keep hitting up companies to take me on .

Good. Because that’s exactly what you’ll need to do! Welcome to the board… :wink:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your upcoming training.