Newbie (again!)

Hi Guys,

Well I originally signed up to this forum roughly 6 years ago with all intentions of becoming an HGV driver, unfortunately things in life don’t always go to plan and it got put on the back burner for a little longer then I hoped.

So I am back again and have been looking around this site as well as others and the advice and friendlyness to new/wannabe drivers is top notch.

So I have passed the medical and have have my theory/Hazard perception booked for a few weeks. Im thinking about going through Tyne & wear LGV again as they still seem to get good feedback but also going to look at a few people on this board who do the training so may have some questions for people in due course. I have an assessment drive tomorrow so I can get my first feel of a ‘big truck’ so hope all goes well.

go for it buddy get stuck in, good luck

Welcome. Any questions, fire away. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with your assessment, this will give you a good chance to look at the school and speak to the trainers.

You will be able to see how they work and make a choice on how you feel.

I am sure things will go well for you

John

Good luck mate, all the best.

New year, new opportunities. Good luck and enjoy it! :smiley: I have my theory next week.

Well had my theory and hpt today and…Passed!!

Got 95/100 on multiple choice and 80/100 on HPT which i was suprised at as I couldn’t pass on my laptop as could hardly make anything out.

So now the fun of finding someone to go through my lessons with. Got some numbers for a few people in the north east so going to see if I can arrange an assesment drive and speak to some instructors. I also saw a list on here of recommended places so will have a look at that aswell.

Any recommendations from anyone else in the north east who has been through there lessons would be appreciated

Could always take a nice drive down to Peter Smythes place :smiley:

Congrats on getting through the tests! I agree on the hpt, so much easier full screen.