Righty ho

Ive made a decision, and Im going into the third attempt at my HGV (though does it count if I left it for over 2 years to redo… :wink: )
As I want to get a loan to pay my credit card and overdraft off, I may as well get enough to cover the HGV as well, and with Zenith Training in Fareham they do a combined course for £1848 and Ive made it a goal (well its already been my lifetime goal), to do it before my grandad dies (hopefully not for a while but he isnt very well) as I know it would make him so proud (as would it my nan too), he has complimented my driving once when driving him and my dad back from London in a ■■■■■■ van by saying that I should be driving proffesionally (well I drive buses now but I dont want to do that all my life!!!) and coming from a retired traffic policeman thats one hell of a compliment!!
Besides, even if I dont use the HGV licence Ive got it to fall back on if (when) I get sacked from the buses…
Sorry to ramble on a bit but I get carried away sometimes… :blush:

When did you do your theory as it is only valid for 2 years :question:

good choice in Zenith mate, i went with them for both of my licences and passed first time. whether it is a cos im an excellent driver or they are good instructors i dont know (id go with they are good instructors :laughing: :laughing: ) but they are a good little set up. very helpful and patient. nothing is too much trouble for them and all the gear is ok. its a bit old and a little bit tired but i believe this makes it a bit more realistic for the trainee as when you get out in the world of driving they wont stick you in a brand new truck to start with.

if you can get roy or stu as instructors. both like a laugh but can be serious as well when its needed.

good luck matey

ROG:
When did you do your theory as it is only valid for 2 years :question:

Its lapsed unfortunately Rog… :blush:
Though the wheels are in motion to get a loan, not an ideal option but theres owt else I can do… :cry:

Giblsa:
good choice in Zenith mate, i went with them for both of my licences and passed first time. whether it is a cos im an excellent driver or they are good instructors i dont know (id go with they are good instructors :laughing: :laughing: ) but they are a good little set up. very helpful and patient. nothing is too much trouble for them and all the gear is ok. its a bit old and a little bit tired but i believe this makes it a bit more realistic for the trainee as when you get out in the world of driving they wont stick you in a brand new truck to start with.

if you can get roy or stu as instructors. both like a laugh but can be serious as well when its needed.

good luck matey

In fact I “think” it was you that may have suggested them to me?
I cant wait until I get to do it again, and hopefully 2 years of driving buses may have given me enough experience of driving large vehicles though in no way will I be complacent about driving trucks as apart from the length (rigids) thats where the similarities end…

from waht i can make out on here the drivers of buses say it is harder to drive a bus than a wagon so maybe you will have a head start.

good luck with it all mate and i fyou need a brew after your training pop round mate, i live about 5 minutes drive from zenith. i’ll pm you my mobile number later on mate.

take it easy dude

Giblsa:
from waht i can make out on here the drivers of buses say it is harder to drive a bus than a wagon so maybe you will have a head start.

good luck with it all mate and i fyou need a brew after your training pop round mate, i live about 5 minutes drive from zenith. i’ll pm you my mobile number later on mate.

take it easy dude

Really, I thought trucks were harder to drive… :open_mouth:
It wont be for a while yet as I need to redo my theory and I need to sort out some money to take the test again…
Im guessing the walk round checks pre use will be the same for trucks as for buses (except for the emergency door :laughing: :laughing: )?
I’ll give you my mobile number as well so it wont be a random “stick the kettle on” message :laughing:
One of my mates is going to try and arrange for me to go out with him next week some time but he’s an agency driver who does a bit for Initial Rentokil but is going to ask the Initial gaffer for permission for the OK first, so if that comes off then I’ll be round your neck of the woods at some point anyway… :sunglasses:

He only wants your number so that he knows when you are training - that way he knows when to stay indoors :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

if it is anything like my training rog it will be safer on the raods as i spent most of the first day driving up kerbs and have a smoke to calm down!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:
He only wants your number so that he knows when you are training - that way he knows when to stay indoors :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve seen my driving then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: