Yet again

I can see this road being 40M.P.H. for the whole stretch soon.,

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/linc … 746002.stm

Condolences to the family, but WHY? has it happened so soon after the last one on this road.

Snow was reported to be affecting visibility and making driving conditions difficult at the time of the accident.

So why were they going so fast then?

Gritters last time i looked were pretty obvious vehicles to spot, being bright yellow and covered in flashing ambers!

They had an interview on the BBC with a local who lives very near to these accidents. He just coincidentally happened to be one of us. He said that it was the fault of impatient drivers and that HGV speeds should be increased to 50.

dennisw1:

Snow was reported to be affecting visibility and making driving conditions difficult at the time of the accident.

So why were they going so fast then?!

how fast? they didnt say anything about speed

they’ll still be impatient at 50…

scanny77:

dennisw1:

So why were they going so fast then?!

how fast? they didnt say anything about speed

Obviously too fast for the conditions wasnt it, if “snow was affecting visibility and making drivng conditions difficult” then you slow up, to a crawling pace if the conditions dictate it. Someone was obviusly driving too fast to cause the ‘damage’ for want of a better word, else it would just have been about a couple of cracked bumpers.

not necessarily mate. could have been a simple judgement error or skid. i know the government would have us believe that all accidents are contributed to by speed by i dont buy it. im not saying that isnt the case but with the lack of details, you really cant tell either way on this one. they havent specified anything in this case that points to who was at fault or why

My god there has been some awfull accidents in the grantham area this past few weeks.I know lincolnshires road accident figures are bad,but these take the biscuit.

the poor [zb] was a year or less of retirement.

Three-vehicle crash victim named
A tanker driver from Norfolk who died at the scene of an accident with an army lorry and a gritter on Friday has been named.
Melvyn Gray, 64, who worked for WBB Minerals in King’s Lynn, was killed on the A52 east of Grantham, Lincolnshire.

condolences to the family concerned :cry:

jon