Denby haulage on look north (for humber area)

calling for speed limit on single carriageway A-roads from 40 to 60.

too big a leap, unrealistic and won’t get the hearing it needs (though lincs council making noises of “listening to opinions”).

should have called for 50…

I love the 40mph speed limit personally.

Less work, same money.

the road they’re focusing on is the A15, scunny to lincoln. 4 deaths in the last week, some attributable to poor quality and desperate overtakes, past lorries doing 40. arguing as a rolling roadblock on roads like that, we’re a death-causing hazard.

The same article is on East Midlands today as we speak. I think the 50 mph proposal is a good idea, but 60 on single carraigeways is a step too far.

Something needs to be done about that stretch of road. 50mph would be better in places, but 40 is adequate in others. I just found out a couple of hours ago that a good friend of mine was killed on tuesday on that stretch of road in the accident between his car and a Nisa Today lorry. My heart goes out to his parents, ex-wife Jane and his friends and also hope that the truck driver will somehow get through this very horrific accident.

Heres a link BBC NEWS | UK | England | Lincolnshire | Raise speed to cut crashes claim.

I use this road quite a lot and will be going up and down it 4 times a night next week to Immingham though i agree some parts where it is wider could be driven at possibly 50 there are some parts of this road that are very narrow and do justify the 40 limit.

jammymutt:
Heres a link BBC NEWS | UK | England | Lincolnshire | Raise speed to cut crashes claim.

I use this road quite a lot and will be going up and down it 4 times a night next week to Immingham though i agree some parts where it is wider could be driven at possibly 50 there are some parts of this road that are very narrow and do justify the 40 limit.

jaysus, you’ll be lucky to do that in a shift…

from west butterwick to newark (corby chilled) is 1 hour 20 minutes, on the 40mph limit without breaking any laws… immingham would be about the same. 2hr 40 x 4 = 10h 40 mins…

you’ll be sat at 50 or on the limiter all the way all the time to squeeze all that in, on the A15.

you’d possibly be quicker on the A1, M18, M180? might be worth a shot anyway. much flatter route with no ascent up the wold to Linxoln.