Anybody know??

Could someone let me in on the big secret :question: :open_mouth: has the legal speed limit for an HGV gone up to warp 9 on a s/c n/s road :question: the particular road in question is the A17 between spalding and king lynn.

Drove down it to and from norwich at 40-42 mph on cc minding my own business but on the return leg i lost count the amount of artics overtaking me :exclamation: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Do they know something i dont :question: :question: :question: has the national speed limit for trucks on any road gone up to warp 9 :question: and i have just missed the memo at work and the celebratrory topic on TNUK :question:

if you’ve aware of this change of the law could you let me know and i’ll more than happily drive at 50 :exclamation: :grimacing: :grimacing:

cheers

I will not condone breaking the law but I have one question - would you consider any that overtook you as being ‘unsafe’ :question:

ROG:
I will not condone breaking the law but I have one question - would you consider any that overtook you as being ‘unsafe’ :question:

no - none took any risks but just rubbed me up the wrong way today - as sods law the day i drive at warp 9 down the A17 the camera van would be sitting in his usual place or i’d have a plain wraper sitting behind me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , but everyone else seems to get away with it - i dont like driving at 40 as much as the next driver but hey that life - just though i would check i hadnt missed a law change as it had occured to me i may of done.

i wont even mention what industry some of the artics were in that overtook me… :open_mouth: :wink:

this isnt not another debate over 40mph limits just to make that clear before the TNUK repition police get their trunchon’s out and beat me :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :frowning: :imp: :imp:

pecjam23:
i wont even mention what industry some of the artics were in that overtook me… :open_mouth: :wink:

Surely not…

:arrow_right:

…trolley dollies… :laughing:

DAF95XF:

pecjam23:

Surely not…

…trolley dollies… :laughing:

How did you guess :exclamation: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: was it that obvious :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: cuz them trolley dollies never stick to 40…hell no…

…cause they do 38mph :exclamation: :grimacing: :grimacing: (well unless they on a promise with da missus then they break rank and think " bugger this for a game of soliders ") :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Surely at 42 mph you were breaking the law■■?

Being a trolley Dolly,I can honestly say that we don`t crawl along all the time!

We have delivery times too… :laughing:

ROG:

i will condone anyone overtaking the pain in the ■■■ drivers who sit at around 40MPH. if these drivers are so short of cash that they need to drag out a few extra hours pay maybe they would help the rest of the owner drivers/operators and small companies if they pulled into a layby and parked up with there copy of knitting weekly or health and safty at work regs for a few hours. i for 1 cant stand the 40MPH brigade who are ‘doing the speed limit’ . speed limit or not they are a pain. its no wonder everyone plays hell about LGV drivers and trucks/lorries/wagons (call them what you will) holding up traffic.

im not claiming to be whiter tan white here :exclamation: cuz i’m not. just saying that people seem to get away with it and when i decided to break the law i tend to end up nearly getting caught :exclamation: :exclamation:

oh i get paid 10 hour day, i just value my licence :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:

yorkshireborn:
i will condone anyone overtaking the pain in the ■■■ drivers who sit at around 40MPH. if these drivers are so short of cash that they need to drag out a few extra hours pay maybe they would help the rest of the owner drivers/operators and small companies if they pulled into a layby and parked up with there copy of knitting weekly or health and safty at work regs for a few hours. i for 1 cant stand the 40MPH brigade who are ‘doing the speed limit’ . speed limit or not they are a pain. its no wonder everyone plays hell about LGV drivers and trucks/lorries/wagons (call them what you will) holding up traffic.

Will you pay their fines and accept the points they will get onto your licence? - I think not :unamused:

yorkshireborn:

Does not take long for the ‘Im right, your wrong’ brigade to come out of hiding…

40mph on A roads is the law, if you dont like it, tough… Respect the people who do stick to it, they are not in the wrong, you are…

yorkshireborn:

ROG:

well said yorkshireborn well bloody said!!, but do they all sit in there cars ,bikes on the motorways etc at 70 mph eeerh nope i dunna think so, 10/10 on that reply yorkieborn,

Coddy:

yorkshireborn:

Does not take long for the ‘Im right, your wrong’ brigade to come out of hiding…

40mph on A roads is the law, if you dont like it, tough… Respect the people who do stick to it, they are not in the wrong, you are…

But isnt that way the laws are made■■? :open_mouth: so people break them and they can collect more money, as they know people like to break the laws or they would be in place :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mate who does a multi drop round spalding,boston,bourne etc says all the roads round there are dodgy for speeding, even before we went on hourly pay he would still stick to the limits everywhere.

harry james:
Surely at 42 mph you were breaking the law■■?

Possibly not, if the speedo was reading 42 he was likely doing 39/40.

I ■■■■■■ hate sitting at 40 as much as those in the nice long snake behind :imp: , but I’ve written to my MP about raising the 40 limit, not a single one of those moaning frustrated twangers behind, has or will, so foobar it, it’s my license & livelihood not theirs. I don’t begrudge anyone wanting to go faster, I’ll even get out of the way if it doesn’t inconvenience me too much. BTW I’M SALARIED WITHOUT O/T!

rant over, ta for listening.

Edit, speeding is simply shooting oneself in the foot, I could probably get back to the yard an hour earlier, and if everyone did that, that’d be 2 drivers down the road :frowning: (summat similar happened in the warehouse recently, muppets ). Great if you OWN the company, not so great if your the TM/subbie negotiating next years budget/rate.
So for all of you that do speed, carry on, your only shafting the industry up the exhaust pipe.

cant really see the point of this thread, if your happy sitting at 40 then carry on, i for one want to do 50 so i will overtake you if its safe but is there any need to come on here and have another debate over it!

and for those of you who think the 40mph brigade are a pain and should be shot at dawn… please remember… a lot of companies track the drivers and scrutinise movments regularly , ours in particular has a no nonsense attitude towards any law transgressions so not only can the plod or vosa nail me , my company can take away my means of looking after my family , sooooooooo , if you dont like being stuck behind someone doing the legal speeds then why don’t YOU pull over for a second , have a ■■■ or a coffee and chill. :grimacing: :grimacing:

oh yea and i’m not " dragging it out " I’M SALARIED TOO :laughing:

chaversdad:
cant really see the point of this thread, if your happy sitting at 40 then carry on, i for one want to do 50 so i will overtake you if its safe but is there any need to come on here and have another debate over it!

Well said - especially the bit in blue :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This one of the ‘righteous brigade’ will not tell you to do this or that (unless I become a member of the law enforcement fraternity :wink: ) but I will say that each to their own PROVIDING IT IS DONE SAFELY.
Those that break the law know the consequences if they get caught and those that stay within the law just want others to be safe around them.