Yaaaaay yet another Stobart question!

Just a quick one. Was just wondering what those old Scania drawbars do and why they are 7 year old 4 series and have not been replaced? Ive wondered for a while but seen 2 today and it jogged my memory. Thank you.

If you’d watched trucks and trailers you would know :wink: The laddy on there in the biggest truck on the road was hauling empty cans and then full loads of bottled drinks. As to why they’ve not been replaced who knows, maybe Eddie has forgotten about them. Or if they are on a contract maybe the customer won’t spring for new vehicles.

i might be wrong i sometimes am hard to believe i no but i thought they carries empty tins

bjd:
i might be wrong i sometimes am hard to believe i no but i thought they carries empty tins

According to Trucks and Trailers they do.

think they are being replaced slowly some new 60 plate scanny drawbars have joined the fleet

I would of thought it was money they cost a lot more then a tractor unit

Ah right. I watched half of one episode and the drama was just far to much for my little brain to take so that was that! Mayday mayday air consumption high, going down.

they also carry empty plastic bottles out of sherburn, a driver there told me that they are owned and not leased hence being kept on abit longer

stevie

I saw some for sale in commercial motor 2weeks ago so some must have been replaced

I reckon they have racked some kms they are on 54 plates iirc, they run out of Wrexham aswell on the empty cans.

Seen there silver actros that was pulling race transporter on trucks and trailers pulling a curtain stobart trailer twice this week it was filthy

I used to load empty cans out of Leicester (Crown Cork or something it was called?) for Norfolk Line, Stobarts ran the transport desk, a lot of drawbars were in and out of there. Nearly every truck that went there was a low ride set up. The loads just, (and i mean just)
fitted in the trailers.

I saw one of the new ones last week , had Stobart Road Train emblazoned across the rear curtain !

Mala99:
I saw some for sale in commercial motor 2weeks ago so some must have been replaced

They’re in there this week too.

i’ve driven them out of sherburn & a 54 plate i was in,had over 1.2million km’s on the clock.i was taking empty plastic bottles to a pepsi factory & cans to brewerys.
they keep them a long time because of the work they do & what it costs to replace them,very few people,if any, want wagon & drag units in this country so that’s why there’s a lot of old motors still running.just more cost effective to keep them running longer.