Stobarts...............wait though not ya usual post

Now that ive got your attention I will explain.
I am looking at possibly buying a couple of ex stobarts Drawbar combinations for a charity that I drive for taking humanitarian aid to Kosovo.
I have seen some of the ex stobart drawbars on the road but cant find a dealer on tinternet that sells them so I was wondering/hoping that some of you guys out there may know of the dealers and can pass there details onto me. I have emailed Stobarts direct asking if they can pass on any info but not confident they will reply.
The trucks I am looking at dont have to be ex stobarts its just they seem to be max weight and volume trucks that I have seen on the road. If anyone knows any other dealers selling complete drawbar combinations please pass on there details to me. Ideally the Dutch flower combi’s would be great but although most of our work is in Euro land we still would prefer RHD trucks.

Cheers
Paul

Good luck with the bridges in Europe with the ex Stobart drawbars in Europe!

switchlogic:

What height are there drawbars? looking at them on the road they seem to be about 4.0mts

If the price is right we can get them chopped down to 4mts.

Paul:

switchlogic:

What height are there drawbars? looking at them on the road they seem to be about 4.0mts

Really, they look more around the 4.6 mark to me.

Their drawbars aren’t 4m!! More like 4.6/8m

Yeah they are high, the Toplines have the big airkit on them and they only just cover it

Saaamon:

Paul:

switchlogic:

I am just looking at the height of the body compared to the height of the cab in comparison to high cabbed Scania units with a 4 mt trailer behind them…there doesnt seem to be much difference…but as I say we can get them chopped down to 4mts if needed. The fact that they are 3 axle truck and trailers means that we can run at 44 ton UK and 40 ton in euroland and not have to worry about axle weights. Every time we go into Hungary (or should I say every time we EXIT Hungary into Serbia ) they are very keen on axle weights rather than overall weight so the stobart combinations would suit us if we can get them at the right price.

Paul

There are some in this weeks commercial motor if that helps.

halfpint:
There are some in this weeks commercial motor if that helps.

Have you got a link?

Paul:

Saaamon:

Paul:

switchlogic:

I am just looking at the height of the body compared to the height of the cab in comparison to high cabbed Scania units with a 4 mt trailer behind them…there doesnt seem to be much difference…but as I say we can get them chopped down to 4mts if needed. The fact that they are 3 axle truck and trailers means that we can run at 44 ton UK and 40 ton in euroland and not have to worry about axle weights. Every time we go into Hungary (or should I say every time we EXIT Hungary into Serbia ) they are very keen on axle weights rather than overall weight so the stobart combinations would suit us if we can get them at the right price.

Paul

Believe me they are very tall. Don’t forget they are Toplines with a Highline air defector on them

switchlogic:

Paul:

Saaamon:

Paul:

switchlogic:

Paul

Believe me they are very tall. Don’t forget they are Toplines with a Highline air defector on them

The fact that they are topliners with twin sleepers makes the difference to us as we double man. We only use the trucks twice a year 8 weeks in total (3 weeks on each convoy and one week prior for loading) means we can get them lowered. Our next aid trip is in Oct 2012 so we have plenty of time before hand to get them euro specked if we can get a couple soon enough at the right price.

Paul

This was going for £4.5k yesterday.

Paul:
Now that ive got your attention I will explain.
I am looking at possibly buying a couple of ex stobarts Drawbar combinations for a charity that I drive for taking humanitarian aid to Kosovo.
I have seen some of the ex stobart drawbars on the road but cant find a dealer on tinternet that sells them so I was wondering/hoping that some of you guys out there may know of the dealers and can pass there details onto me. I have emailed Stobarts direct asking if they can pass on any info but not confident they will reply.
The trucks I am looking at dont have to be ex stobarts its just they seem to be max weight and volume trucks that I have seen on the road. If anyone knows any other dealers selling complete drawbar combinations please pass on there details to me. Ideally the Dutch flower combi’s would be great but although most of our work is in Euro land we still would prefer RHD trucks.

Cheers
Paul

Would that be hope and aid by any chance ?

I know they did/have got some 4 mtr high drawbars. Used to see them in Holland regularly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

skids:
I know they did/have got some 4 mtr high drawbars. Used to see them in Holland regularly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Cheers I thought they did or used too.

Yes it is hope and aid.

i’ve driven them,if i remember rightly they are about 15’11’'…maybe slightly lower…but not a lot…they needed the hight to take the beer cans from crown can manufacturers to the breweries
they will have done some mileage as well,last 1 i was in was a 54 plate & had over 1 million k’s on the clock,it still pulled & drove well.there all dealer serviced so well looked after.nice big cabs with plenty of storage in them…

i havn’t done any aid to kosovo. i’ve done it to plenty of other places. so if you need a volunteer, then let me know.

This may suit you;

wyecommercials.com/details.php?id=4084

this is on commercialmotor.com

usedtrucks.commercialmotor.com/a … af_cf85410

not sure about the height !