WTD and roadside checks

Has anybody been stopped by VOSA at a roadside check and been warned, about going over the six hour work rule?

As far as I know nobody has yet mentioned it, so is it being enforced?

Wayne.

Six Hour Work Rule.

Whats a six hour work rule.■■?

Ignore the WTD its unenfoceable and a complete nonsense,

It may be unenforceable & complete rubbish but it doesn’t mean it cannot be used by VOSA as an excuse for digging deeper.Also I’ve got a client who’s a VOSA examiner, they are going to start coming down heavy on all the new regs in the new year - we have been warned.

Wayne:
Has anybody been stopped by VOSA at a roadside check and been warned, about going over the six hour work rule?

As far as I know nobody has yet mentioned it, so is it being enforced?

Wayne.

VOSA don’t enforce it so it’s not up to them to warn you about it.

Just have your breaks stay within the law and be a god boy now.

I can’t see the problem with it . I split my breaks into a half hour and a 15 minute slot . Take the half hour before the 6 hours and i,ve covered all legalities including the niggly WTD . Followed by a 15 before a 4 half hour driving period .
How can it be such a problem .

Conor:
VOSA don’t enforce it so it’s not up to them to warn you about it.

They are the people charged with enforcing it in Great Britain, a different organisation enforce it in Northern Ireland.

Conformation of this can be found here, point 7.3

Edward Teller:
Six Hour Work Rule.

Whats a six hour work rule.■■?

Ignore the WTD its unenfoceable and a complete nonsense,

ostridge
head
sand
buried in

ignore it at your own peril

paul@midway:
I can’t see the problem with it . I split my breaks into a half hour and a 15 minute slot . Take the half hour before the 6 hours and i,ve covered all legalities including the niggly WTD . Followed by a 15 before a 4 half hour driving period .

tis exactly how I do it ,it ain`t exactly rocket science

paul@midway:

Not saying it is a problem, just curious as to who is doing the checks and if any body had been warned yet.

The WTD has not made my job any easier or improved my working condition’s, and is a load of bull.

Wayne:

paul@midway:

Not saying it is a problem, just curious as to who is doing the checks and if any body had been warned yet.

The WTD has not made my job any easier or improved my working condition’s, and is a load of bull.

Of course it’s not improved anything for you Wayne, and guess why?

"As far as I know nobody has yet mentioned it, so is it being enforced? "

Looks like your company doesn’t involve itself in basic tachograph analyasis, or WTD implementation (its their responsobility to monitor it) and inform you ofhow it affects you (and them).

The word is ostrich.

They dont bury their heads in sand.

Ignore the WTD, it will die a death, it is unenforceable.

When the idiots that rule us allowed POA’S they rendered it a nonsense.

It is now a pointless piece of legislation,

I look forward to the authorites trying to prosecute someone for working too much.

The European court of human rights will have a field day.

Edward Teller:
I look forward to the authorites trying to prosecute someone for working too much.

Huh? You never read a “commercial motor” magazine? Loads [sic] been successfully prosecuted for it, even non tacho users.

Edward Teller:
The European court of human rights will have a field day.

They do every day, wouldn’t you being on that salary and being paid top dollar to pontificate, when the likes of us do it for free here!!

There is a difference between WORKING too much, and DRIVING too long.

explain to me the difference please,as i can
not folow yourc logic,

brit pete:
not folow yourc logic,

Driving too much leads to you contravening the tacho regulations. Working to much leads to you contravening the tacho regulations and/or the WTD. There are constant reports in the trade press of prosecutions for tacho regulations offences, I haven’t read any yet regarding prosecutions for WTD offences.

Edward Teller:

YES Neil but both of the above lead to people becomeing tired and
therefore not being able to do the job safely so to me the end result
is the same, some ones tired due to too much work or driveing
makes a mistake and if they are lucky cause no damage to any one
when they have a accident,or like the CoachDriver from the
accident in LYON 3YEARS AGO AND 28 PEOPLE ““DIE””
just an example,

sorry i am quite happy with the NEW rules.

by the way this driver had not only driven too long, he was also
working too long .,44hrs has been stated by the court,

Coffeeholic:

brit pete:
not folow yourc logic,

Driving too much leads to you contravening the tacho regulations. Working to much leads to you contravening the tacho regulations and/or the WTD. There are constant reports in the trade press of prosecutions for tacho regulations offences, I haven’t read any yet regarding prosecutions for WTD offences.

The most recent one i can think of and i could dig it out here was in commercial motor, a north west based company was running vans all over the country. They where prosecuted for exceeding the domestic drivers hours. As usual the directors/managers had family problems etc. and had left the supervising of the drivers dutys to the part time cleaner who had failed to come up to scratch and the salaried drivers had taken advantage of this fact and worked excessive hours!!! Luckily they have sent all there drivers on a WTD course and a tacho course and now have the on site handy man to monitor what drivers do. You couldn’t make it up hey?!!!

Edward Teller:

Luckily, me and you both know that.

Semantics

Mike-C:

Coffeeholic:

brit pete:
not folow yourc logic,

The most recent one i can think of and i could dig it out here was in commercial motor, a north west based company was running vans all over the country. They where prosecuted for exceeding the domestic drivers hours. As usual the directors/managers had family problems etc. and had left the supervising of the drivers dutys to the part time cleaner who had failed to come up to scratch and the salaried drivers had taken advantage of this fact and worked excessive hours!!! Luckily they have sent all there drivers on a WTD course and a tacho course and now have the on site handy man to monitor what drivers do. You couldn’t make it up hey?!!!

I think I remember that one, but being prosecuted under domestic hours regulations isn’t getting prosecuted for breaching the WTD. I’ve not yet seen a report of anyone being prosecuted for that.