WTD fines

Hi lads
How do vosa look at WTD infringments do they hand out big fines for I have about 15 I think never been stopped not sure what to expect when it happens

I think you have already been told about a dozen times that VOSA don’t fine for WTD infringements. Now, take a chill pill and enjoy your weekend off :sunglasses: .

Wouldn’t going over a 15 hour stint count as WTD?

Héraultais:
I think you have already been told about a dozen times that VOSA don’t fine for WTD infringements. Now, take a chill pill and enjoy your weekend off :sunglasses: .

yeah but he used to be a baker, you just made a bakers dozen :smiley:

NOVE:

No. The WTD states you are entitled to at least 11 hours away from work. This can be opted out of. Drivers of HGVs can reduce this to 9 hours off (3 times between weekly rests blah blah) and it cannot be opted out of. These rules however are part of the RT(WT)R and are separate from the WTD.

The infringements VOSA are not interested in are working longer than 6 hours without a break etc. They are however very interested in driving longer than 4.5 hours without a 45 minute break, longer than 9/10 hours per day and definitely being on duty for longer than 15 hours.

If they want to do me for 2 minutes over a 15, I’ll let them drag me through the courts. I’ve had 4 infringements in the last 30 months.

Terry T:

NOVE:

No. The WTD states you are entitled to at least 11 hours away from work. This can be opted out of. Drivers of HGVs can reduce this to 9 hours off (3 times between weekly rests blah blah) and it cannot be opted out of. These rules however are part of the RT(WT)R and are separate from the WTD.

The infringements VOSA are not interested in are working longer than 6 hours without a break etc. They are however very interested in driving longer than 4.5 hours without a 45 minute break, longer than 9/10 hours per day and definitely being on duty for longer than 15 hours.

Blimey talk about getting confused with the different regs !!

The normal WTD can be opted out of but the RT(WT)R which is for those under EU tacho regs cannot be
You are referring to the normal WTD ref opting out of

The 11 hours off is under the tacho regs and not any WTD or RT(WT)R

How many bloody different regs is there ?

Terry T:
How many bloody different regs is there ?

For LGV drivers under EU regs there are two sets
Tacho regs
RT(WT)R
The normal WTD is not relevant

So the Tacho regs deal with driving breaks and daily rest etc and the RTWRTRWTRTWTRRTTW deals with the 48 average, 10 hours for night workers, max 60 hours per week etc ■■?

Terry T:
So the Tacho regs deal with driving breaks and daily rest etc and the RTWRTRWTRTWTRRTTW deals with the 48 average, 10 hours for night workers, max 60 hours per week etc ■■?

You got it :smiley:

Authorities are bothered with the tacho regs but seem totally disinterested with RT(WT)R

ROG:

Terry T:

Authorities are bothered with the tacho regs but seem totally disinterested with RT(WT)R

but with a majority agreement this can be opted out

nick2008:

ROG:

Terry T:

I think the only bit you can opt out of is the limit on night-time working. There is no opt-out as regards the other WT limits.

Roymondo:

nick2008:

ROG:

Terry T:

I think the only bit you can opt out of is the limit on night-time working. There is no opt-out as regards the other WT limits.

Spot on

Roymondo:

nick2008:

ROG:

Terry T:

that’s why both bits were in BOLD :unamused:

Fair enough. Not exactly obvious, especially on a small screen.

Roymondo:

:grimacing: :grimacing:

Roymondo:

Pardon ?

Can someone advise on this please. Tomorrow it is looking like a long day for me. Tuesday to Friday I have done 8 am till 17:30 no driving. (No work previous to this for approximately 3 weeks. Sunday I am going in work at nine am. Probably do twelve hours manual work then have to drive to Glasgow (as per thread I currently have running). This will turn out to be over 15 hours. My main job is not driving.

Of course we all know there is a way round this which I do not agree with and intend to tell them this. Yes I will drive as am within 15 hours. After that park it up and tough.

Darrenb:
Can someone advise on this please. Tomorrow it is looking like a long day for me. Tuesday to Friday I have done 8 am till 17:30 no driving. (No work previous to this for approximately 3 weeks. Sunday I am going in work at nine am. Probably do twelve hours manual work then have to drive to Glasgow (as per thread I currently have running). This will turn out to be over 15 hours. My main job is not driving.

Of course we all know there is a way round this which I do not agree with and intend to tell them this. Yes I will drive as am within 15 hours. After that park it up and tough.

Not sure what you want advice on to be honest.

Whether your main job is driving or not makes no difference, if your on a single manned journey 15 hours from the start to the end of the shift is all you legally get.

Whether or not you choose to not book all of the work at the start of the shift on your tachograph is something only you can decide, though it sounds like you already have decided :smiley:

Have a good trip :wink: