Would you have smacked him one?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12334486

Watch the video.

Would you have smacked him one (the cyclist that is, not the van driver)?

Honestly? I think I would. :open_mouth: The cyclist seems have some issues of his own, never mind other road user issues. :open_mouth: From what I can see he was deliberately racing the van so that he could cause an incident and capture it on his camera. Not satisfied with him not managing to do it at the T-junction, he then races off down the other road and deliberately positions himself in the middle of the road early in an attempt to block the van that is already overtaking him and realising his plan has failed, moves further to the right to deliberately make contact with the side of the van.

And what’s with all the screaming “stay left! stay left!” crap? :unamused:

[zb] hate cyclists. They should all be banned from roads unless they can maintain a minimum speed of 30mph and accelerate like other vehicles, regardless of the terrain. :angry:

He created that situation by thumping the van as it was going past so he had it coming. He is the type of cyclist that I detest and I had a similar run-in with one recently because he did the same! He chose to ignore the fact that the van had overtaken him and was clearly indicating his intentions so ■■■■ him the bollox! My cyclist also chose to ignore all the information presented to him…

Cyclists in London are flippin’ knobs… I was driving in Central London last week and they’re buggers for it, they’ll swerve into the road in front of you regardless. They don’t stop for traffic lights and ride on the pavement when it suits them.

I [zb] hate cyclists!

Bob

I think when they have a camera on their helmet they feel the need to go out their way to cause altercations such as this just so they can act the innocent. I ■■■■■■■ hate the pricks.

Cyclist vs. car debate on BBC news - bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12149696

Notice how the cyclist argument falls apart spectacularly :laughing: :laughing: .

“Us cyclists deserve more respect… blah blah blah”

“So you’d be okay with having insurance and a number plate then?”

“No! Because that would cost us money! Blah blah blah”

“So you want respect but you don’t want to do anything to earn it?”

“…”

FAIL. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

“Most cyclists are killed by trucks turning left” well don’t get up the left hand side of a truck stay behind it like every one else has to there is even a picture on the back of some lorry’s.

+1 they do my bloody head in, I live in Milton Keynes (yeah yeah roundabouts and cows) and we have redways here like wider paths that they can use go everywhere in the city (town) but instead they choose to ride on the roads. MK roads are 60mph and 70mph on the duals just pure stupid really :smiling_imp:

from that video yea i probably would have lamped him, he could see he was being over taken by the van so why not slow down you {zb} idiot

and if you go up the left side of a truck and get run over by it because your too stupid to see its indicators on or just to impatient then i have no sympathy for you,

why cant the government look towards something lik holland
yes cyclists have right of way but they also have theirs own lanes and are less likely to be run over and its very rare you come across people cycling on the roads

Both the cyclist and the van driver are wrong, simples.

The muppet on the bike should of gave way a long time a go and just let the van by. The van drivers response to that was wrong with using violence to sort the issue out other then that it’s all good.

I don’t think the cyclist is in the wrong at all! It’s all the van drivers fault…c’mon guys, we all know cyclists do loads of stupid things but don’t make excuses for the white van man! The cyclist was there first…so regardless if the van signalled to come back in or whatever, he doesn’t have right of way…he shouldn’t of even started overtaking…and I don’t think he shouts “keep left”…the second word seems different to left but as he shouts it angrily so its hard to make out. After the cyclist gets around the corner he doesn’t just suddenly pull out to the right…thats just his head bobbing around from his pedalling. It’s clear to see that he’s approaching some parked cars so again, he has right of way…again, the van shouldn’t have tried overtaking again!

Lets face it, how often does a car leave it until the last minute before pulling off of a motorway and forces you to slow down because it cuts you up?..And if you then scraped the side of that car I’m sure you’d blame the car driver and not yourselves…pretty much the same situation but with different vehicles.

one cut me up years ago in carlisle, the cheeky git then gave me the regular hand signals as though it was my fault, funnily enough i pulled up at some lights further up the road and he came along side my drivers door so i give it a quick open and close right into his head and he ended up on his backside :laughing:

mutley:
one cut me up years ago in carlisle, the cheeky git then gave me the regular hand signals as though it was my fault, funnily enough i pulled up at some lights further up the road and he came along side my drivers door so i give it a quick open and close right into his head and he ended up on his backside :laughing:

You sure this isn’t just something you’ve spurted out at a tesco RDC? :unamused:

positive matey, was about 1993 and was on the agency for Robsons from their yard in warrington trunking to carlisle and i don’t rdc work thanks very much :unamused:

wonder if he belongs to the same web site that tom guy does (if that was his name) who nearly got ‘ran over’ by a petrol tanker■■? thin it was discussed at length on here last year when he came on to put his POV across??

I cycle to my place of work, yes some cyclists are knobs. But driving artics like i do i tend to respect them when they are overtaking and turning i think it helps not being cocky or looking for trouble. To be honest I have very rarely had problems with other road users at islands and such. As for cyclists having their own lane, in some places they do unfortunately we have to share them with buses. Enough said! Going back to the incident on the BBC video, why on earth did the van driver slam on his brakes in front of the cyclist, i thought he would of been done for dangerous driving or something, what if a car had been behind him?

prdcb1:
I cycle to my place of work, yes some cyclists are knobs. But driving artics like i do i tend to respect them when they are overtaking and turning i think it helps not being cocky or looking for trouble. To be honest I have very rarely had problems with other road users at islands and such. As for cyclists having their own lane, in some places they do unfortunately we have to share them with buses. Enough said! Going back to the incident on the BBC video, why on earth did the van driver slam on his brakes in front of the cyclist, i thought he would of been done for dangerous driving or something, what if a car had been behind him?

no im talking about proper cycle lanes where no vehicles are on, ok in holland they share them with scooters.

I agree with Adam on this one, cyclist is in the right, he was there first.

Just cos we don’t like cyclists, how would the video look with some old dear on a mobility scooter - some might say they get right up my nose, not paying road tax etc but they have a right to be on the roads too.

We are supposed to be the proffesionals here, they are soft targets for gods sake, show some common sense.

Some cyclists are nobs but this one isn’t in the wrong

We are professional drivers ,it follows that we should be better than most other drivers. Lets show reasonable consideration and courtest to other road users like it says in the highway code.I ride bikes and drive ,some bike riders and some drivers are KNOBS.

I wouldn’t chin the cyclist. For a start he ain’t got one! It would be like whacking a schoolkid. See how small he was?
They were trying to wind each other up, and it backfired for at least one of them. Give 'em a wide berth and let them choke on your diesel. Simple as! :smiley:

bigvern1:
I wouldn’t chin the cyclist. For a start he ain’t got one! It would be like whacking a schoolkid. See how small he was?
They were trying to wind each other up, and it backfired for at least one of them. Give 'em a wide berth and let them choke on your diesel. Simple as! :smiley:

Who do you think it backfired for though? I’m pretty sure the cyclist had the last laugh though lol