wot to do now

passde class C and have pased national CPC and got C+E booked for januray and cant get any experiance.

The way things are at the moment I’d build a time machine,go back and spend the money on something else.
Its bleak out there I tell’s ya :exclamation:
Simon :sunglasses:

:frowning: I know. I’m on multi drop at mo but getting too old and slow for it now, don’t know if my body can take the abuse any longer :blush: thought going for my C+E would be a great idea but have realised once I spent the cash that there is no work!!

pensom:
passde class C and have pased national CPC and got C+E booked for januray and cant get any experiance.

Have you paid for the CE course :question:

I forgot this bit :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:smiley: :smiley:

Yeah its all paid for, fell for the Sterling trap, hence the CPC

pensom:
Yeah its all paid for, fell for the Sterling trap, hence the CPC

Ah well, make the most of it is all you can do now.

I assume it’s a W&D so you will likely need a bit of artic tuition before your first CE job.

sheer desperation

uniloads
bus driving always advertising

Isn’t your C+E free then with sterling if you passed your cpc?

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on your Cat “C” test pass :smiley: :smiley:

And
:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing CPC national :smiley: :smiley:

New to the site so Hallo to you all.

Just booked a ‘king of the road’ course with Sterling. About £1250 which should have me holding HGV1 license by March and it is claimed to be a guaranteed pass.

Now I mentioned this to a mate of mine and he didnt say much but invited me to log on to this site.

Having done so and read some of the threads above, I feel a bit worried. I may have been a bit naive but I did trawel through quite a few training firms, and Sterling seemed to be the best, offering a placement at the end of it.

Firstly …
Have I got it completly wrong?
If I can get through by March, will I get work, and if so how much can I expect to earn?

All help and comments gratefully accepted

:confused: :confused:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome michael_dinwiddy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

GENERAL DRIVING TIPS BEFORE STARTING LGV C TRAINING (Link)

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pics

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS… - I suggest the trainee-to-be visits the training school, meets the head person(s) and has a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

Recommended LGV training schools

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is this country short of drivers ?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

I may have been a bit naive but I did trawel through quite a few training firms, and Sterling seemed to be the best, offering a placement at the end of it.

Firstly …
Have I got it completly wrong?

From other posts I have read on this site that’s a BIG YES[/b]
Do you mean their advertising was the best :question:
This may be absolute rubbish as I do not know of anyone on this site who was placed in a job by them
PS - you have a PM (Private Message) - see top of this page

Im on to it…

Will continue this by PM if you prefer.

Nothing like a good forum to offer honest views…

Thanks

Welcome to this little site and hope you soon get your C+E

That way you can earn some decent money and buy a proper motorbike :stuck_out_tongue:

michael_dinwiddy:
Will continue this by PM if you prefer.

No need - by discussing general issues in the open forum it helps others :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: but caution has to be taken in singling out individual companies without absolute proof :wink: :slight_smile:

From your profile - Occupation: archaeologist
You’ll love it here - plenty of old fossils about :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Michael - welcome. I also got hooked by the Sterling promise - took a loss on the deposit and wrote it off to experience, but if you’re good with exams (and particularly if you’ve paid in full - you’ll not get a refund) play them at their own game. They are relying on only a few people taking the National CPC in time and being able to claim the ‘free’ artic course, but it IS possible - why not be one of those who does it?

Nice bike btw - run a Sportie 1200 myself.

Fugu:
Michael - welcome. I also got hooked by the Sterling promise - took a loss on the deposit and wrote it off to experience, but if you’re good with exams (and particularly if you’ve paid in full - you’ll not get a refund) play them at their own game. They are relying on only a few people taking the National CPC in time and being able to claim the ‘free’ artic course, but it IS possible - why not be one of those who does it?

Just to give this some balance

pensom
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008

pensom:
I did my Cat C with Sterling in Nottingham a few months ago, as has been said on here many times before, I’ve found the office staff at Sterling to be a pain, to put it politely!!

But the instructor who trained me, Rodg, was brilliant, but he takes the ■■■■ a lot

Fingers crossed I’ll pass my CPC on Friday, if so then I’ll definately be requesting Rodg again when I go for my C+E!!

I didn’t find this site until after I’d given Sterling my cash either, but regardless what is said about Sterling, just remember its the instructors you are training with and just because Sterling can be crap and money grabbing, doesn’t mean your instructor will be too.

And from the first post in this thread

pensom:

Ya the cpc can be done. But be prepared to burn the midnight oil. It took me two times to pass. And dont forget you have to pay for the exams yourself and most places that will let you sit the exam will charge you for the privillage £70 a time

Got my money back from Sterling and passed the Cat c today. Was just determined. well I guess its the articulated training now.