advise needed;

As mentioned in another thread, I’m concerned about the training I’ve booked. Be patient, I know it’s long winded.

Basicly, although I did my best to be careful, I didn’t look into things enough and now I’m pretty sure I’ve been had (slightly).

It looks like I’ve payed (stirling lgv) for a “c” course and a very slim chance af getting a free C+E course, it’s cost me roughly 200quid more than the average “C” course. It works by you paying that bit extra but to get the free artic course they want you to pass the cpc, which isn’t that likely because it’s only run four times a year and I’d imagine they’ll do anything they can to make sure I DON’T pass so they don’t have to pay for an artic course for me (they say that’s payed for with funding).

Soo, I’ve been trying to work out how to get my training on track, the initial idea was that I’d probably have to pay for an artic course if it looked like that’s what they were doing BUT, I don’t want to spend all year trying to get through the cpc THEN end up paying anyway. Then I came up with another idea;

Although I’m not happy at all with giving them any more money, Stirling run a combined course (C and C+E) for about 500quid more than I’ve already given them, I’m not happy about it, but maybe it’s better than taking all year then spending 800-1200 on a C+E course.

If they’ll let me do it, any good or have I lost the plot?

Anyone? Please shout if you think this is downright stupidity but bear in mind it’s pretty complicated and I’m trying to make the best of a bad job :frowning:

Be careful Sterling’s courses are 3 ½ days and you take your test on the afternoon of the 4th day.
Dave

according to the paperwork I’ve got it’s four and test on fifth. I’ve already signed up n payed for one of their courses which appears to be a rip-off so I’m trying to limit the damage a bit.

Paying the extra 500 seems the best way (if they’ll let me change courses) but obviously I’m not very happy about it when they “appear” to have conned me already.

What do I do though, try to work things their way, possibly taking most of the year and likely costing me £800-1200 for a c+e course.

or

Give the sly [zb] another £500 to turn their “special offer” into just a double course, one week training and one test for each lisence (hopefully no room for any cons)?

if you need to putt stars to get past the auto censor that’s the clue it’s not allowed…Denis F

Check the T&C on the back of your invoice. I thought I had the 5 day course, it wasn’t until I had the dates (to late). Fortunately I had a good instructor which is what counts, passed first time but could have been more confident with the five days.

I’ve written off the rest of the course as not possible under T&C but want artic after some experience.

I would advise for the accident waiver and pass insurance this gives you three attempts

good to be hearing from someone who’s been there, sorry to hear you got caught out too though.

Yeah, sounds like I’m right - it’s just not gonna happen, at the end of the day they’ve got roughly £200 more for a rigid course, it’s not in their interests to be giving me £800+ worth of artic training.

Thanks for the tips too, I’m really confident I’ll pass the class2 first time, I drive vans for a living and I’ve been driving them since I passed my test 7yrs. I may well take the pass insurance on the artics though.

I just hope they’ll let me swap onto that and there’s no cons involved this time!! Can’t see them saying no to another £500 to be honest, just hope it’s the right move, even though it could well (from what you’ve just said) be just 31/2 days.

I managed to get pass insurance upgrade on the rigid so long as it is before you begin the course £35 ish cant quite remember, its better that £200 for a days retest

right, rang them earlier and there’s no problem with changing the course. The price has gone up so it’ll cost me about £650 on top of what I’ve already payed.

I can’t decide whether to do that or just do the rigid course and get a refund of about £150-200. If I get a refund and add the £650 to it i’m most of the way there to paying for a course elsewhere.

I can’t find my invoice at the mo mate, what’s the thing about only getting 3 1/2 days?

priestly lgv (muthatrucker) quoted me £850 + test fee so £970 at a guess but if there’s a day more training that way I think it’s maybe a better option, it’s like saying 1 extra day’s training for £120

IMO - take the refund and find a training company that you are happy with - a recommendation from someone who has trained with them goes a long way in my book.