driver cpc

Hello All,

Apologies if this has been done before but i’d appreciate some advice please. I passed my class c in Feb this year and up to now have not had a sniff of work although i have applied for many jobs, contacted haulage and transport companies and registered with numerous agencies. Will I still have to do the driver cpc and will I be at a disadvantage considering I have no practical experience. I have been informed that there are practical tests, for example, to show you can rope & sheet but as in my case if you’ve never done it or been shown where do you stand

Cheers

Glyn

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Glyn :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

How to post Pics, avatars, using quotes, Driver CPC forum & Tacho & WTD regs forum

Glyn:
Will I still have to do the driver cpc and will I be at a disadvantage considering I have no practical experience. I have been informed that there are practical tests

No tests.

Glyn:
for example, to show you can rope & sheet

That is for the INITIAL DRIVER CPC - you will be doing THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC - click link to know more :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot ROG,

I appreciate it. I can’t see where/when i’m going to get a chance. Can’t afford my c & e at the moment and want to get some experience driving c first anyway

Glyn:
I can’t see where/when i’m going to get a chance. Can’t afford my c & e at the moment and want to get some experience driving c first anyway

There are many newbies in the same boat as you but it is not all doom and gloom as some recent posts by newbies have been positive with them getting work. :smiley:

Have a read through the newbies forum to get a ‘feel’ of the current situation.

What area are you in?

Peter Smythe:
What area are you in?

Wigan

Sorry, well out of my “patch”. But there may be someone on here with contacts in that area. Good luck with it - stay positive :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Sorry, well out of my “patch”. But there may be someone on here with contacts in that area. Good luck with it - stay positive :laughing:

Thanks, some weekend work would be a good start