Quick intro

Hi all, just a quick hello from a ‘newbie’.

Passed Cat C this week 1st time of asking so well chuffed with that :smiley:

Looking for introductions workwise, any suggestions or recommendations guys■■?

PM me…Keep it clean :unamused:

See you on the road…hopefully.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Moby1450 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

:smiley: :smiley:

Moby1450:

Your location might help :bulb: :wink:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Welcome Moby1450

Many congrats on passing ur ‘C’ Such a great feeling to hear those words isnt it?
Personally, i would be checking the jokecentre website, local papers and applying for everything going!
The other thing to do is get your kit in the car and go the industrial yards after the morning rush and ask around…take a copy of your cv and licence, be polite and dress smart casual. This is what ive done and ive had a couple of interviews, but be prepared for the normal knock backs … held your licence for two years/no experience therefore no job etc, but dig your heels in and fight harder for it.

I woke this morning and checked the JC website to find a job advertised 2 minutes before hand, phoned and have an interview on monday for artics on double deckers :open_mouth: :laughing: the ad reads, must have previous experience but still applied and was honest and still been asked for interview.

Rog will be back shortly (unless he has posted whilst ive been writing this) with the excellent knowledge he posesses :smiley:

Do you have plans to go onto do your C+E??

ROG:
. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Moby1450 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

:smiley: :smiley:

Moby1450:

Your location might help :bulb: :wink:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Rog your getting wayyyyy to quick for me fella! :grimacing:

Moby1450:
Hi all, just a quick hello from a ‘newbie’.

Passed Cat C this week 1st time of asking so well chuffed with that :smiley:

Hi Moby1450,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV Cat “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

tonka236:

Hi tonka236, I can let you in on a little secret… :wink:

It depends upon what time a post appears, because ROG can only perform at that supersonic speed until about 22:00, cos that’s when the nurse takes his keyboard away for the night. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

tonka236:
(unless he has posted whilst ive been writing this)

I knew as i typed it he would be posting!! Grrrrrr!! :smiling_imp: :laughing:
Me thinks he has it all on clipboard and just copies and pastes it where as im still old school and write everything! :laughing: :grimacing:

dieseldave:

tonka236:

Hi tonka236, I can let you in on a little secret… :wink:

It depends upon what time a post appears, because ROG can only perform at that supersonic speed until about 22:00, cos that’s when the nurse takes his keyboard away for the night. :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:

DD…as long as she is swedish, blonde and her legs go right to the top then hey she can take more than the keyboard away from me! :laughing:

ROG, he lives in North Notts, the ‘location’ part of the user panel often indicates where that member is located/lives. You not had your pills this morn :laughing: :wink:

In reply to Moby, firstly well done on passing first time and joining the first time pass club, badge is in the post wonder what part of the UK we need to send it to :stuck_out_tongue: Secondly, try … Robert Wiseman dairies and Norbert Dentressangle if you have any nearby, they take on newly passed people, and young ones too, agency route, try driver hire if you have one local, they seem to offer work to newbies

garnerlives:
ROG, he lives in North Notts, the ‘location’ part of the user panel often indicates where that member is located/lives. You not had your pills this morn :laughing: :wink:

SENIOR MOMENT :wink: :laughing:

congratz Moby1450 on passing test and welcome you could try currys rdc just of the A1 at newark but its on agency work to get you started as they are looking for drivers worth a try m8

Welcome to trucknet and well done on passing cat C…!! :smiley:

Who did you do your training with…?

PM Sent

ROG:

garnerlives:

SENIOR MOMENT :wink: :laughing:

Rog… you are not going mad, i had not updated location in my profile at time of your earlier response, so now corrected. I’m in Sutton in Ashfield near Mansfield to be exact.

Thanks all for the welcome here, some sound advice given also.

Moby

Moby1450:
I’m in Sutton in Ashfield near Mansfield

STEVECB1300:
Who did you do your training with…?

GUESS - Peter Smythe ■■?