Quick question about CPC

ok i know a lot has been said about the upcoming CPC,what i want to know though is the CPC going to be integrated into the theory side of things after the 10th sept or just the practical training side,in other words i have already passed my theory but just cannot raise the money needed to take a class 2 course before the 10th,so what part of the CPC would i have to take,any advice helpful,thanks… :question:

If you have a C1 on your licence (full) you need not worry about cpc at the moment. If you haven’t got C1 then you will need to complete another theory test based on case studies followed by a 30 minute practical demonstration test. I’ve heard figures of £400 banded about on this site and elsewhere; send me a pm and I’ll show you how to do the lot for half that.
However you attempt the cpc (assuming you need to) make sure you have correct training. You WILL NOT pass without it :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
However you attempt the cpc (assuming you need to) make sure you have correct training. You WILL NOT pass without it :laughing: :laughing:

well said there Peter, but as you will know there be someone that will try to pass it without training for it

well said there Peter, but as you will know there be someone that will try to pass it without training for it

Know of 3 who failed the PCV module 4. Happy to have sorted them out but why do they insist on wasting money first? And the LGV will be tougher without doubt. Thus my statement in the earlier post. :laughing: :laughing:

Module 1a theory questions - multiple choice - LGV THEORY BOOK
Module 1b HPT - HPT DVD
Module 2 Initial driver cpc theory - senario questions - multiple choice INITIAL DRIVER CPC BOOK
Module 3 practicle drive - Training for this by LGV school.
Module 4 Initial driver cpc - practical on site (no driving) - Training for this by LGV school.

Both 1a & 1b must be passed before taking 3
2 must be passed before taking 4

1a, 1b & 2 done at theory test centre - BOOK YOUR OWN THEORY TESTS
3 & 4 done at LGV driving test centre

Modules 1a, 1b & 3 to get the LGV LICENCE
Modules 2 & 4 to be allowed to be paid to drive LGVs
Modules 2 & 4 not needed if got C1 on licence

You do not have to do all the modules with the same training provider.
You may find that it is cheaper to shop around for the best deal for each module

Module 1a theory questions - multiple choice - LGV THEORY BOOK
Module 1b HPT - HPT DVD
Module 2 Initial driver cpc theory - senario questions - multiple choice INITIAL DRIVER CPC BOOK
Module 3 practicle drive - Training for this by LGV school.
Module 4 Initial driver cpc - practical on site (no driving) - Training for this by LGV school.

Both 1a & 1b must be passed before taking 3
2 must be passed before taking 4

1a, 1b & 2 done at theory test centre - BOOK YOUR OWN THEORY TESTS
3 & 4 done at LGV driving test centre

OR

Select a professional trainer who will give you training rather than throw a book at you as well as organise the theory tests for you :laughing: :laughing:

mark41:
ok i know a lot has been said about the upcoming CPC,what i want to know though is the CPC going to be integrated into the theory side of things after the 10th sept or just the practical training side,in other words i have already passed my theory but just cannot raise the money needed to take a class 2 course before the 10th,so what part of the CPC would i have to take,any advice helpful,thanks… :question:

when did you pass you car test?

i passed my car back in “86” but when i sent my licence back to dvla to have provisional class 2 put on when it came back my entitlement for 7.5t was missing,i contacted them but they said i had never had it,without going to swansea to try to sort it out its impossible,remember the watchdog episode,so i thought well sod it i would just get my class 2 and and then it wouldnt really matter because the 7.5t part would be back on.

Peter Smythe:
Select a professional trainer who will give you training rather than throw a book at you as well as organise the theory tests for you :laughing: :laughing:

Well said Peter!!

:wink: I’ve heard that there are training schools who just give the trainee a theory book and send them on their way saying ‘come back when you’ve passed your theory.’

:open_mouth: You wouldn’t believe it, but I heard the other day that somebody actually had that happen to him. :grimacing:

mark41:
i passed my car back in “86” but when i sent my licence back to dvla to have provisional class 2 put on when it came back my entitlement for 7.5t was missing,i contacted them but they said i had never had it,without going to swansea to try to sort it out its impossible,remember the watchdog episode,so i thought well sod it i would just get my class 2 and and then it wouldnt really matter because the 7.5t part would be back on.

I’ll bet you now wish you had pushed to have it out back on as it would have saved you from the initial driver cpc - maybe you still can - easy argument to DVLA -
YOU “when is my B test Pass date?”
DVLA “1986”
YOU “what entitlements will be with a B test licence if passed on that date?”
DVLA “Blah, blah, blah and C1”
YOU “is it on mine?”
DVLA “no”
YOU “should it be?”
DVLA “yes”
YOU “what are you going to do about it?”
DVLA “err… put it on”

ALWAYS photocopy your paper part and both sides of photocard before sending it to DVLA
If poss, get copies signed by a professional person such as a policeman, teacher, doctor etc.

You wouldn’t believe it, but I heard the other day that somebody actually had that happen to him

Yes, I remember! :laughing: :laughing: