Worse truck to spend a week away in and the winner is

well for me has to be the truck i used last week a Topline Scania …what a god dam crap cab no room to swing a rat let alone a cat lovely truck to drive apart from the high cluth pedal it was a 470 and pulled like a train but to live in no ta the top bunk is like sleeping in a red hot coffin.

Them Health and Safety men should start to take a look at Truck Cabs and they would be able to get Scanias taken off the road. I agree, they are crap. I had one for 3 weeks and was glad to get my Renault Premium back :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m unfortunate enough to drive one at the moment and spend the odd night out in one. There is nothing good about them cab wise.

Aside from a super space cab daf i had for a while, i find the latest version of the top line scanias one of the best cabs ive spent any time in, think about the longest time away ive had in it was about 12 weeks, didn’t have any problems spending that amount of time in it.
sdj

no not thr R cab the topline with bunk above the widscreen

had one for 3 years and pass upa daf ssc to keep it best cab going so why didnt you just use the bottom bunk

Bottom bunk is worse than the top one which you really wouldn’t have thought possible.

Wheel Nut:
Them Health and Safety men should start to take a look at Truck Cabs and they would be able to get Scanias taken off the road. I agree, they are crap. I had one for 3 weeks and was glad to get my Renault Premium back :stuck_out_tongue:

Funnily enough as much as American trucks might be considered basic the DOT has a minimum width requirement for sleeper compartments. I think it’s 42 inches or there abouts. Anything smaller (which there are) and nights out require a hotel receipt to make a 10 hour brake legal, if you happen to be challenged by a DOT inspector with a tape measure , that is. :unamused:

Well to be honest I haven’t done any nights out in the bigger trucks but 3 consecutive nights out in a 7.5 tonne Iveco Cargo sleeper was just about as much as I could take, was well pleased to get home to my own bed.

I drive a 53 plate Scania 94D day cab and trying to get a few zs in on your break is almost impossible ( not totally impossible cos when you’re old like me and a dedicated power napper you can usually overcome most deficiencies to get your beauty sleep ).

Longwayround:

Wheel Nut:

Funnily enough as much as American trucks might be considered basic the DOT has a minimum width requirement for sleeper compartments. I think it’s 42 inches or there abouts. Anything smaller (which there are) and nights out require a hotel receipt to make a 10 hour brake legal, if you happen to be challenged by a DOT inspector with a tape measure , that is. :unamused:

Its not so much as the size of the sleeping compartment, the bunk is large enough but is just upside down and back to front. It is like living in a pod :stuck_out_tongue:

I have never rated Scania cabs from the 110 / 140 to the modern day. I cant fault the engines though. I suppose its personal choice but I have spent many weeks on end living and working in the competition

I get my new Magnum at the end of this coming week. I hope its a ■■■■ sight better than my ERF EC11 was :sunglasses:

Anybody driving one of the new Magnums on here, would be interesting hearing your views. :wink:

Too Fat To Fly:
I get my new Magnum at the end of this coming week. I hope its a ■■■■ sight better than my ERF EC11 was :sunglasses:

Anybody driving one of the new Magnums on here, would be interesting hearing your views. :wink:

You might have to change your user name if you fall out of the Magnum :smiley:

malcolmj:
no not thr R cab the topline with bunk above the widscreen

i have an r series topline and would trade it back for my old 4 series classic cab tomorrow.
in my old truck everything was stored away in the big cupboards behind me but in this new r series i have to put a lot of stuff on the top bunk and i have to play jigsaw builder before going to bed at night, at least with the 4 series you just pulled the ladder down and climbed into what was the largest bed available throughout the entire range of trucks on the market, they have gone from having the largest bunk to what has to be the smallest bunk, i reckon there are bigger bunks in some of the smaller trucks.
the r series should have been the next step along from the old 3 series as it really feels like i have stepped back in time to the next model up from the 3 series where i had to store most of my gear on the top bunk but the bottom bunk was bigger in the 3 series than the current bunk in the r series.

I might be moving on to an ‘03’ plate R124-420 Topline after next week…

Sister vehicle to this:

After reading the above - :open_mouth:

:laughing:

My worst week outs were spent in this -

It was also used by day drivers when I wasn’t in it, so you could grow spuds in there. I’ve had better kips in the back of my sierra !

Wheel Nut:

Too Fat To Fly:

You might have to change your user name if you fall out of the Magnum :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: You have a point there. Looking forward to it, got the 500 HP lump in it, quite excited about it to be honest :blush:

yes i agree the top bunk in front is big,but its too hot in summer and the alloy frame is too cold in winter touch it with bare skin and it cuts thro you like a knife its so cold having a magnum would be like moving into a hotel room

I drive a topliner and find it very comfortable on the top bunk.

Mind you i can sleep on a chickens lip…

The only bad thing a find with the top bunk if you dont secure it to the roof properly then hit a bump it sounds like a bomb going off!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And another thing you can castrate yourself getting off it when you get up!!! :open_mouth:

bloody hell malcj your not a happy chappie lately are you. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: last week it was volvo’s you was having a pop at.

malcolmj:
kit all in good order except for the trucks well its a volvo need i say any more? seat is crap bunk is too and the 420 wont pull the skin off anything

well them scanias are high on that list for me too, but i think the erf ec i had beats it as the worst to stay out in, or perhaps the p cab rigid i had, what a pile they are!