The best and worse trucks you have drove

Well I’ll have too start this because its the first one ! The best truck I drove must be the last one I drove.It was a Daf 85.The good things were a good gear box 16 speed nice change etc. The worse one was a Seddon Atki with a twin splitter. It was a day cabbed one that I drove when I did some agency work from the creamery at Minsterly in Shropshire.Mind you I know a lot of you will say the twin splitter was a good box my dad thought so too.But probably I was no good at double de clutching being only being used too syncromesh gear boxes !
Tony

renualt manager .pile of ■■■■■■ turbo used to squeeel in my lugs. pedals were ■■■■ eyed. and the air tanks were ■■■■. reversing the wreck down a slope and touch the brakes and the buzzeer would come on and the clutch would freeze and you sat there like a cutn.

Best - Daf 3600 ati space cab - happy days. :sunglasses: - (perhaps ime just feeling nostalgic)
Worst - Merc 1729 “POWERLINER” :confused: pile of pooh.

volvo f7 on the last day I ever drove a lorry 1990 could never go back to it

Best, - was a brand new F12 400 for Dukes transport, no limiter, was as fast as french connection uk :smiling_imp:
Worst ,- Was a Renault manager (smaller version than the not so good major i think), couldn’t catch a cold or pull a tart :angry:

Worst, a Seddon Atki with a Gardner 180, 32tons with 180hp not fun, 4 nights out in a day cab doing multi drop on a flat trailer, lots of roping & sheeting, that wasn’t much fun either :frowning:

Best, my current Peterbilt, it looks good, is very comfortable to drive & sleep in, it pulls like a train, 550hp to pull 36tons :smiley: fridge trailer & I do one drop & one pick each week at most, a lot better all around than that poxy Sed Ak.

Up until getting the Pete I would’ve said a Scania 143-450, I’ve driven newer more fancy motors, but the 143 was, INMO, the last ‘proper’ lorry made, after that they become a bit girly, even in its day it never had the biggest cab & there were more powerful lorries available, but there was just something about them :wink:

yep, had a manager, pedals were all off set, steering wheel at wrong angle, total pile of shiet. but the one I had, had a mack engine in it and went and pulled like buggery. then the limiters came out. mind you the turbo used to screech more than my old lady and when i got home i couldnt work out whether it was her or the turbo that was giving me earache :imp: :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused: :unamused:

mercman did u work at minsterly for long. lot of lads worked for me when it closed.

The worst wagon I ever drove, Dodge Commando, what a pile of doggy-doo! I worked for Minty Furniture, Oxford at the time. I used to leave Oxford on a Monday morning, 1st drop probably Warwick/Coventry? last drop Aberdeen/Dundee? with 12-15 drops in between. Sleeper was a bench seat (not great when you are 6ft 2in.) a patchwork quilt of homemade curtains hooked over the sun-visors & various hooks I had screwed into the roof lining, night heater was a small primus to make a cuppa in the morning! But hey-ho, I learned a lot & you gota do the crap to appreciate the cream. The best definately the 143/450, “Pour some sugar on me!”, this 1 wasnt my own, but I drove her & another 143/450 several times (see them both on the Macburnie Int. thread) & in my humble opinion this was the best wagon I ever drove. I have driven Globeys/Toplines/Spacecabs RHD/LHD over the years but I would always pick a 143/450 by choice, everything was just so perfectly matched/balanced.