Working for Dutch Companies

I know there has been similar threads to this before so apologies for repeating it.
I was wondering if anyone knows which agencies to go through in the UK to get working with them?? Also does anyone know what age you have to be to work for them? For their insurance purposes - 18, 21 or 25?

If anyone works for a Dutch company or knows anything about the above I would really appreciate any info… Thanks

Rule of thumb is ,if they’re Dutch they can’t be trusted. And they will grass you & each other up without thinking twice. Hope this helps?

KeepHerLitV8:
I know there has been similar threads to this before so apologies for repeating it.
I was wondering if anyone knows which agencies to go through in the UK to get working with them?? Also does anyone know what age you have to be to work for them? For their insurance purposes - 18, 21 or 25?

If anyone works for a Dutch company or knows anything about the above I would really appreciate any info… Thanks

No really agencies here who employ UK drivers to work with Dutch companies, the likes of Randstad are original Dutch Agencies who maybe have the right contacts to help you any further.
Your best chance would be to contact a Dutch outfit that also have depots and operations in the UK.
But the market in Holland is extremly quiet as well.
You can drive a HGV1 in Holland when you are 18 years of age, but if you have a UK license, the UK rules apply.
Also you need to be flexible with weekend work, weeks away from home, and the Dutch interpretations of European Laws :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

try van den bosch.
they pay by the hour. the same as bin men and the sweeper up.

Hi all. Forgive me but i feel i must take issue with Harry.Having lived for more than 25yrs in Holland i feel that there are no more or less untrustworthy companies in Holland than anywhere else in Europe. :blush:
We have all worked for good,bad,and indifferent companies over the years.This is a fact of life in transport.
When i worked for Simon Int.in the70s running M.E. the standard joke was that even Mickey Mouse wore a Simon Int wristwatch,but we were treated well by them. :smiley:
It is a personal thing.Iworked for Stolk Int in Holland who was considered the biggest bandit there was but we were all treated like kings by him.
Inow live in Lappland and the first guy to offer me a job here was said to be the worst boss in Lappland but i’ve been here now 3yrs and couldn’t wish for a better boss.The money is always on time and correct and we can use all the garage facilities for private use.None of the heavy trucks are more than 4 yrs old.The work is good and we never get bothered by the boss,we just get on and do the job.At the moment i drive a Volvo fh16 660hp.2yrs old.Due to the hard nature of the work[driving 40ton ore in a mine]the motor is due to be put on lighter work in 2 months and a new one is ordered to replace it.Take care.Mike

Despite what Mr Dream says the likes of HSF & Nedexco do use UK agents. Not many British drivers at HSF now but still a few.

switchlogic:
Despite what Mr Dream says the likes of HSF & Nedexco do use UK agents. Not many British drivers at HSF now but still a few.

Agents or Agencies?

Agencies. Which are the operation or action of an agent according to Chambers Dictionary. Several of them supplied drivers to more than one company and for the purposes of the question asked I believe they are what he means.

From an earlier post…

Wheel Nut:

DAF95XF:
Are they the firm with a very similar livery to the old P&O Roadways :question:

H & S Fredericks

hsf.nl/en

There were a couple or three British lads who started at Demeulemeester when the company began using staff from the East. Some of their tales used to frighten me and it seemed they had a prebooked parking place in most VOSA and BAG checkpoints. One thing was true, the drivers knew the rules, you have to when you are twisting most of them :wink:

Ah HSF, good times. I was there a long time by most peoples standards. I think the average employee lasted 6 weeks! I was there 3 years on and off. The old ‘day night day’ used to do them in. You had to work for up to 36 hours then you could have a sleep. All this used to be made clear in the interviews so people went into it with their eyes open. I quite enjoyed it at the time. But then I came to them from Nolans so I was well prepared. They replaced all the British drivers with double man polish teams and went legal. I haven’t seen an HSF parked up in a VOSA checkpoint for years now, where as when I was there they had trucks parked in every one, you couldn’t get past a VOSA car in an HSF truck,they’d see the big blue stripe and after you they’d come.

switchlogic:
Ah HSF, good times. I was there a long time by most peoples standards. I think the average employee lasted 6 weeks! I was there 3 years on and off. The old ‘day night day’ used to do them in. You had to work for up to 36 hours then you could have a sleep. All this used to be made clear in the interviews so people went into it with their eyes open. I quite enjoyed it at the time. But then I came to them from Nolans so I was well prepared. They replaced all the British drivers with double man polish teams and went legal. I haven’t seen an HSF parked up in a VOSA checkpoint for years now, where as when I was there they had trucks parked in every one, you couldn’t get past a VOSA car in an HSF truck,they’d see the big blue stripe and after you they’d come.

When did you work at nolan’s luke? I was there from '98 to '01

Can’t remember exact years but it was a good while after you left, maybe 03/04

You might of known my Dad though, he was there for 5 years, from 97 I think. Mick, lives near Carmarthen.

switchlogic:
You might of known my Dad though, he was there for 5 years, from 97 I think. Mick, lives near Carmarthen.

I think i remember a driver named Mick but to be fair there were loads of micks :laughing: :laughing: and paddys :laughing: :laughing:
there were a group of us who all had the same coloured truck and all lived within 20 minutes of cardiff so got a bit confusing, especially for VOSA and the police :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The funny thing about it is that Nolans are probably still running the units that you guys were driving when you were there. Still a lot of old Mercedes Actros units, 98-01 units!!

KeepHerLitV8:
The funny thing about it is that Nolans are probably still running the units that you guys were driving when you were there. Still a lot of old Mercedes Actros units, 98-01 units!!

And the beds are still new, probaly still in the plastic, first set of batteries, engine never been switched off :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

KeepHerLitV8:

they might have my first actros which was a 480 on a 98 plate but they def not got my last one, was blue megaspace 570 on an 01 plate. about a year after i left seamus gave it to a pair of bulgarians and a brand new chereau fridge, just outside of new ross there’s a bridge in the countryside which is the shortcut up to the main road for dublin. immediately after the bridge is a 90’ bend, the bulgarian driving decided to fly over the bridge and not take the bend so went ploughing with the outfit hence taking the cab off the chassis and ripping the whole side out of the fridge, needless to say they were sacked the same day they started.
he’s got a lot more daf’s now than mercs must have fallen out with merc for some reson.
i remember once the merc dealer driving into the yard in a ML class followed by a fitter in another actros and another fitter in a c class, they all got in the c class and drove out, the ML was a birthday present for seamus as he was at that time buying an actros a week to replace all his old ivecos

I saw a HSF rig on Monday with UK reg plates, was a 58 I think.

That’ll be Blakenham, they pull trailers out of the docks. Did a brief dint on it once, easiest job in the world! And very boring. They’ve had UK erg trucks a few years now.

s