Hello Euro People :)

Hey there.

I would really like to do euro work but I thought I would get your opinion first before I call places and potentially make a fool of myself.

I’m only 22 and I have 6 points on my licence. Would most places say no to that? Also is there many places in Scotland that do euro work? Most of the trucks I see from Scotland look like they’re O/D.

I’d like to drive in the Netherlands because I have been there a few times visiting friends and I like the country. Are there dutch companys that can base you from home?

Thanks

I would say that your age and endorsements would count against you, but I wouldn’t say it would be impossible, you’ll just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Can’t help with specifics as it’s not my part of the world but I’m sure someone will be along over the weekend with more local advice.

Good luck!

g&s in belshill?

Min 4 weeks away

“6 points”…well at least you don’t hang about :laughing: :laughing:

Some Scottish companies that go across are:

Grampian Int Freight - Aberdeen/Beverwijk
Lorn Freight - Fraserburgh
D Steven & Son - Scrabster/Bellshill
A.Campbell - Carstairs
Scott Trawlers - Dumfries
P & C Hamilton - Girvan
A J Anderson - Dalmellington
Pettigrew - Gartcosh
M & M Kerr - Castle Douglas
Eardley - Ecclefechan
Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head. If I think of any more i’ll put them up.

Well, if you do spend most of your time in euroland, you’ll have less chance to get points on the licence…
Good luck, it can happen, it happened for me. Does help if you have some tramping experience. Been on a holiday driving round europe? Put tose on the CV, or mention at interview. Driven left hookers? Experienced the hellish mix of wagons an agency driver deals with? That all helps.