dutch companys

ok i am interested who on here if any work for any dutch or other eu transport companys, e-g visbeen,van dongen,heisterkamp etc
as i am looking too in futre, as i cant find any uk based in staffs that do eu work anymore, and then maybe move over there too live as im sick of uk now.

so anyone with any info that can help much appreciated :smiley:

sean.

all i can help with is after chatting with some of the fridge drivers, you need to work for your money, personally i would steer clear (esp heijboer, the barely stop!)

i did get told verhoek who do the carpets is a good one to work for, legal runners apparently.

i hope this is of some help, best of luck (and dont blame you for wanting to move out the uk, your not the only one!)

If you look at the Danish companies?? link, i put a link in there for a Dutch firm that i saw advertising.

I live in Bedworth
and work for Brit European based in Zeebrugge
though according to them i am an international driver
the reality is that most of my work is in the UK
with trailer swops in Purfleet or Hull
though occasional i have to do collections around Kortrick

Verhoek
though Dutch the wharehouse for carpets is the old Carpet Express shed in Ostende
they do the same as Brits
UK based drivers
swops in Ramsgate or Immingham

not all dutch are same, but its so hard to get to work for them unless you know peolpe who are or speak the language or at least live there for them to give you a chance, so where do you start :confused:

xxicelandicxx:
not all dutch are same, but its so hard to get to work for them unless you know peolpe who are or speak the language or at least live there for them to give you a chance, so where do you start :confused:

well i suppose you will be as welcome as the poles here.

Depending on what you want to do you will probably find you spend most of your time in the UK as the dutch have a big market share over here especially if its fridge your wanting to do, markets etc. I have got an interview with a dutch company soon and there was no mention of any language issues. In fact they speak better english than some english people! I dont have any contacts or anything so you will just have to fill an application form in and see how it goes

hope you can drive lots of hours and dont need much sleep :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

hitch:
I live in Bedworth

Do you know my mate jasper hitch? Lives in belgium ex stobarts driver.
Hes on for B.E although i dont think hes on the carpets

JB:

hitch:
I live in Bedworth

Do you know my mate jasper hitch? Lives in belgium ex stobarts driver.
Hes on for B.E although i dont think hes on the carpets

have you got your scania yet jb.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you know what you can do with your baby scania j.d :wink:
I`m lucky mate, I have a volvo and will keep it for a few more years yet.

Robbies Dad:
hope you can drive lots of hours and dont need much sleep :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Like a lot of UK and Belgian firms then, think you will find that every country in the ec has its fair share of firms that want a lot of hours out of drivers, dont think Dutch firms are any differant, would even say that English firms are about the worst (in my opinion)
sdj

haarlens based in gent, oostakker are looking for international drivers,and a few others in that area with posters jotted about advertisments for jobs, so jump on the ferry and go walkabout,.

Advertising for International drivers in this months Truckstar magazine are:

Heisterkamp
www.werkenbijheisterkamp.eu

Impact Logistics
werk@impact-logistics.nl

Nieuwkerk Transport
www.nieuwkerktransport.nl

D.Speksnijder
www.dspeksnijder.com

Heisterkamp are in the process of renewing their fleet,with bigger engines,bigger more luxury cabs with coolers on the roof to attract drivers.They pull mostly ferry trailers for all the major trailer operators including a fair amount of work to the UK.

re-heistercampā€¦i looked at there internet site and sent them a e-mail last week but not yet got a reply, and on site it says you can fill out a on-line application form but there isnt one there, and other problem is the link you gave i cant translate it lol so, so far im having no luck lol :smiley:
sean

xxicelandicxx:
re-heistercampā€¦i looked at there internet site and sent them a e-mail last week but not yet got a reply, and on site it says you can fill out a on-line application form but there isnt one there, and other problem is the link you gave i cant translate it lol so, so far im having no luck lol :smiley:
sean

There is an online form to complete. I just looked.at it

xxicelandicxx:
sean

Try this link,it should take you directly to it
werkenbijheisterkamp.eu/nl/f ā€¦ 0chauffeur

Though the form is in Dutch,you should be able to understand most of it,a lot of dutch is very like english.
Heisterkamp have drivers from Germany and Poland,as well as Holland.
One Dutch driver I spoke to said it was a good job,they pay the proper rate and donā€™t push you.
They are looking for drivers to be away for up to 3 weeks at a time,as well as day drivers,night drivers and husband & wife teams.

KW:
They are looking for drivers to be away for up to 3 weeks at a time,as well as day drivers,night drivers and husband & wife teams.

Will they supply the wife or do you have to bring your own? :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

KW:

Will they supply the wife or do you have to bring your own? :wink: :smiley:

are they trying to attract you or put you off. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: