British drivers working for dutch companies

how do you guys go about it while still living in the uk?

im tempted because i see alot of dutch trucks up here in scotland and as i have a good knowledge of the area id have an upper hand per say.

cos if you work for the Dutch, you wont see a lot of scotland.

Its through an agency. M&R in Coventry for HSF (think they do Tunderman as well now) who I worked for or a company who’s name escapes me down in Somerset for Nedexco.

well i was hoping to join a copmpany that does runs up here in scotland,

i met a guy who lives 10 mins away from me ont he ferry to amsterdam last month who was doing this, said it was great.

mayby try directly to the companies.

Where the agencies are actually based is irelevant, with both those you take the truck home at weekends.

really? whats good companies to work for and ones to avoid?

HSF run legal now and it’s fairly easy job, not sure if the british drviers do much Scotland though you’d have to ask them that. Most foregin companies employing Brits let you take truck home. The Dutch are ok but get a bit angry very easily and tend to take it out on drivers! Work for an Irish co now, hard work but best job ever had, love it.

tbh im not soo bothered bout being in scotland aslong as i get home. im easy enough with england or ireleand, do a few overnighters to england and such every month.

I met a fella the other day who’s on for Visbeen, he reckons they don’t and not expected to run bent and he gets home a lot, they even fly him home if need be,
he loves the job and if he syas it can’t be done then they accept it no probs

You will be lucky at the moment…they are feeling the crunch aswell, few company’s ive been intouch with since…end of March! :open_mouth: are winding down. Drivers are leaving but not being replaced, Dutch and Belgium company’s use alot of subbies.

I think it’s a case of them having to run legal nowadays,the likes of Visbeen and HSF were getting pulled so often it was costing them thousands in fines and the inconvenience of having the truck parked up for 24hrs.

If you can get on direct with a company,then the better it will be for you,rather than going through an agency.

You’ll probably end up paying tax etc.in Holland,which is quite high,but there are benefits too.

i worked for nedexco through an agency called ags from illminster, somerset. i live in Rugby and i was based from home. didnt do much scotch work, but they do go up that way.

darren 129:
i worked for nedexco through an agency called ags from illminster, somerset. i live in Rugby and i was based from home. didnt do much scotch work, but they do go up that way.

I take it you dont work for them now Darren, any reason?

yeah i finished with them around 18 months ago. its either go go go or your sat in transmarck for 24 hrs calling them every 2 hours to see if you have any work. always got home late every saturday. was told in interview only be the odd saturday. not in my case, and you got paid no extra if you run home on sat or ship out on a sunday. every week £457 went in bank, no where near enough in my book.

richiessex:
I met a fella the other day who’s on for Visbeen, he reckons they don’t and not expected to run bent and he gets home a lot, they even fly him home if need be,
he loves the job and if he syas it can’t be done then they accept it no probs

:laughing: fly him home thats a good one haha!

switchlogic:
Its through an agency. M&R in Coventry for HSF (think they do Tunderman as well now) who I worked for or a company who’s name escapes me down in Somerset for Nedexco.

Have you got any details on M+R ■■?

harry vos are looking there agents are in the north east lost the
number there paying around £2000 a month take home paid monthly
and there legal only uk work but you go to oss in holland every 6 weeks
for service

M&R International, speak to a guy called Rosco. They are in the book, and they are on the Bermuda Industrial est in Nuneaton.

darren 129:
yeah i finished with them around 18 months ago. its either go go go or your sat in transmarck for 24 hrs calling them every 2 hours to see if you have any work. always got home late every saturday. was told in interview only be the odd saturday. not in my case, and you got paid no extra if you run home on sat or ship out on a sunday. every week £457 went in bank, no where near enough in my book.

Thanks for that mate, who you on for now?

Found this one any good ?