Working Christmas day?

Would you?, Did you?.

How much is it worth?.

Personally its got to be at least £50 an hour with a guranteed minimum and finished for 10 am at the latest, are there some people out there that would do it for less?.

I used to do the papers out of knowsley and chadderton on Christmas night and boxing night for triple time guaranteed 10 hours for each shift which was £420 topline and each shift was midnight start till 6am ish

simon

When I got back from Switzerland on Christmas Eve, there were still plenty of foreign trucks still in Britain and indeed heading to Britain and not only Willi Betz either, lots of Hungarocamions and in particular many Spanish fridges and whilst many were still leaving Britain and heading east or south to their various countries of origin, by the time I saw them there wasn’t a cat in hells chance that they’d get back home, even if they ran for 24hours solid.

A company we load from who are using class 1 drivers as loaders wanted volunteers to work Christmas. They asked for £1000 each in their hand :smiley:

They wouldnt get it because the factory caught fire on Wednesday night :stuck_out_tongue:

As christmas was only a weekend interuption this year, I wonder what all the fuss is about

i have done two xmas days and both for just normal money its what you do on continental work, there are lots of eastern bloc drivers here at the moment as you say but to them december 25th is just a normal day as they do christmas day on january 7th and you wont see as many here then

has anyone ever had to night out on christmas eve ,christmas day or even new years eve

I was weekended a couple of times at Christmas in Germany and I remember having a plate smashing competion at Evzoni on New Years eve.

I have tipped in Dumfries at New Year, there was only me and the security man, the rest were all doing the Hogmanay thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure where I will be but Im working this new year too

wylie:
has anyone ever had to night out on christmas eve ,christmas day or even new years eve

All of them.

Very sad unless of course you are single and have NO dependants then i guess its ok, i,ll be at work on tuesday and it will be treble time for a Bank holiday i thnik it should be double time on a Sunday and treble time on a Bank holiday Monday and to be honest if i had to work Christmas day it would have to be £50 minimum an hour.

Do those of you who think your boss tells his customers that his workforce work on xmas day doesnt charge his customers extra for their deliveries?.l

The Spannish celebrate their big day on 06.01.06, The Turks are muslim, so no go there either, the Hungarians are ■■?, atheist like me, prehaps.

I have worked throughout xmas, as I do every year, what is the big deal ■■?

The money is good, the roads are pretty QT, and I get three weeks off in January, while you are freezing your nuts off, I will be in Tenerife for three weeks.

Along with the Irish fridge boys, Essex transporter boys, and Manc agency drivers, who I see every year, all enjoying the winter sun !!!

My good lady works for M+S, she is in aswell, TINOFBEEF, here we come !!!

Someone has got to do it, and I am not a saddo singleton, I just LURVE MONEY !!!

father in law works on the milk tankers for normal pay. he has done for the last 3 years, dropped lucky this year hes got new years eve and day off

cows dont stop producing for xmas. :stuck_out_tongue:

jon

Christmas day is a normal day on milk collections, and if you are on rota to work, as i was, then you do.
As im in the office now, i got the drivers out by 6am then came home till about 11, then went up the dairy to help get them tipped and washed and the last man went home at 13.00 :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

jonboy:
cows dont stop producing for xmas. :stuck_out_tongue:

jon

I milked them for 15 years - whats a day off ? :laughing:

I’ve never worked xmas day and never will.

I was surprised on xmas eve though when I was heading back on the A1M near Marr (j37) at about 8.40pm to see two tankers heading south followed closely by a Fowler Welch truck. I thought everyone would’ve packed in by then, especially the FW driver as if I remember correctly their yard is somewhere just off the A17 in the Kings Lynn direction meaning he/she still had a good couple of hour and half or so drive ahead of them.

thought everyone would’ve packed in by then, especially the FW driver as if I remember correctly their yard is somewhere just off the A17 in the Kings Lynn direction meaning he/she still had a good couple of hour and half or so drive ahead of them.

When (many moons ago it seems now) i was pulling for FW I was still sat on Southampton Docks at 4pm on Christamas eve, and that was for delivery to Selby :open_mouth: The tomato boat only came in at 2p.m. :frowning:
Remember those supermatket shelves which were empty on chritmas eve had to be filled by today for the saddos to go shopping again :unamused:

Christmas Eve I went to Heston Service Station for take pictures for Willi Betz, there is only three betz and six Biomet BG truck parking not lots of betz due christmas

Also today I went again, there is still three betz but different drivers and plate too.

Due to being a purely Euro driver, over the years I have missed many birthdays and anniversaries, therefore there are only two days of the year I insist on being home… Xmas day and Boxing day… they belong to wifey
The rest of the year is the boss’s.
Next week you can name your price for loads up from Spain as the Spaniards and Portugese won’t leave home now as their big holidays are next week!!
In fact, I have been told this morning I am shipping out on the 1515 boat Portsmouth-Caen on SATURDAY!!
So as you all kiss your wife (or lover) at midnight on Saturday, I shall be thundering along the A84 somewhere between the services at Mont St Michel and Rennes

dont mind working christmas,never have seen the point of christmas.But work new year NEVER.

I guess it depends what they want you to do on xmas day.

i mean there is hard work and easy work :laughing:

I asked my boss a couple of weeks ago as its soon to be christmas and im single with no kids and we unfortunatly only do U.K work if he could get me a job running up to Sweden just before xmas,(as its my favourite place to go) and load back just after, and tip U.K and be home for new year. He wasnt intrerested, :cry: :cry:
So for the next week im sitting at home twiddling my fingers :confused: