Work/ Car Insurance

if i have a accident in truck do i have to tell my own car insurance , and if i don’t can they find out?

Yes and quite probably.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

yes you do have to, and its not worth risking the ■■■■■ trying to get out of a claim because you haven’t told them about a previous work accident

Yes, tell them. It won’t affect your premium but if you don’t tell them then it gives them the room they need to wriggle out if you need to claim.

mib.org.uk/media/425181/dat … ue_v20.pdf

Fill that out, send it in with ID, and you can learn of what incidents you must definitely declare (the ones they know about already).
Keep the attachment size quite low or the email you send will bounce back with a mailbox error.

It could be quite risky to fail to declare accidents they already know you had. Consequences range from getting away with it completely, to having your policy cancelled or claim denied.

All a load of bollox
Why would you report a clame in work to your private car insurance
Is there any question in the form asking have you had a claim in your work
What a load of crap replys
You say nothing to nobody the insurance is not in your name it’s all to do with your employer
Unbelievably

Harry Monk:
Yes, tell them. It won’t affect your premium but if you don’t tell them then it gives them the room they need to wriggle out if you need to claim.

It does affect it.

Boris1971:
if i have a accident in truck do i have to tell my own car insurance , and if i don’t can they find out?

You have to disclose any accident if you’ve had one. If you don’t they can find out if your name was on any claims for any accidents involving a truck you were driving because it would be recorded on the Motor Insurance Database.

At best if you had an accident in your car or it was stolen they’d refuse to pay out and cancel the policy. At worst they could take you to court and claim what they pay out to a third party which, if it involved serious injury or death, could run into the millions of pounds and see you lose everything.

As the above, yes you must disclose everything.
Here are some more possible offences and penalties.
The reference is to a specific set of questions, but the answer cites general laws.

cps.gov.uk/sites/default/fi … ure_10.pdf
The general use of false information to secure insurance would be an offence under Section
1 of the Fraud Act 2006 or an offence under Section 174(5) Road Traffic Act 1988.
Offences under Section 1 of the Fraud Act offences can be tried in the magistrates’ courts or
the Crown Court -with the following maximum penalties:
Magistrates: maximum 6 months’ imprisonment and/or fine not exceeding the statutory
maximum
Crown Court: maximum 10 years’ imprisonment and/or fine
Offences under Section 174(5) Road Traffic Act 1988 can be tried in the magistrates’ courts
or the Crown Court with the following maximum penalties:
Magistrates’: maximum 6 months’ imprisonment and/or a fine not exceeding the statutory
maximum
Crown Court: maximum 2 years’ imprisonment and/or a fine

If insurance was obtained fraudulently, it is likely to be void on the grounds of a material false
disclosure or non-disclosure. If the offender used, caused or permitted the vehicle to be used
on a public road there is also likely to be an offence of using a vehicle without insurance
under Section143 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. A conviction for this offence can result in the
following penalties:
A fine not exceeding level five on the standard scale.
Discretionary disqualification.
Obligatory endorsement - licence endorsed six to eight penalty points.

Are you likely to get banged up for ten years?
Prisons are too crowded already!
But since it appears you insurance will be void you will get at the least 6 points on your licence which will put up your due premium.
And it compulsory to declare whether you have had insurance refused or cancelled, so that too will reduce choice and increase cost.

and call up the police if you have an accident get it logged . Friend of mine had an accident but when it came to the insurance the other party point blank denied being there if he had reported the incident to the police at the time, theyd have got involved in the sorting out apparently [if it had been logged that is

Radar19:

Harry Monk:

It does affect it.

It didn’t increase my car insurance premium when I declared a minor bump in a truck to my car insurer, although obviously some may be different.

Harry Monk:

Radar19:

Harry Monk:

It does affect it.

It didn’t increase my car insurance premium when I declared a minor bump in a truck to my car insurer, although obviously some may be different.

If my insurance increases I just change companies, there is always a better deal,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nightline:
All a load of bollox …
You say nothing to nobody the insurance is not in your name it’s all to do with your employer

Except its usually got your name and details attached to it on the form for the insurance and so has your car insurance. Computer can match them pretty easily.

But if you don’t want to tell them in the event, go for it.

So if you have an accident on the job as a truck driver your car insurance goes up. Would you get a discount on your car insurance if you drive a truck 8 hours a day 5 days a week for 5 years straight and don’t have an accident? Yeah, didn’t think so.

ETS:
So if you have an accident on the job as a truck driver your car insurance goes up. Would you get a discount on your car insurance if you drive a truck 8 hours a day 5 days a week for 5 years straight and don’t have an accident? Yeah, didn’t think so.

No you would not no more than its nothing to do with your private car insurance
What you have here is the fear factor and most ■■■ holes will follow that the above posts prove that
It’s commercial insurance you have private car insurance nothing to do with each other
Talk about digging your own grave it’s the same as the blind leading the blind
Unbelievably

Harry Monk:

Radar19:

Harry Monk:

It does affect it.

Yeah I told both my insurance companies and neither was fussed. Mentioned it after they gave me the quote so would know if they raised it and by how much.

Why would you risk your insurer denying a claim because you didn’t make full disclosure.

A serious enough bump could easily wipe you out financially, remember that house you paid for over many years of hard graft now worth north of £250K, well if you caused someone to have life changing injuries the insurer might pay them out as a third party claim in order to keep their reputation, but without a doubt they’ll come to you, the person who lied at the time, for the money.

A good opportunity to re-iterate for those who work at more than one site, check the small print, most policies that include commuting are to one place of work only, so class 1 business use is required, again another risk not worth taking…just out of interest Direct Line include business use in their comp policies, and by not paying the comparison sites (you won’t find them on there) their policies are very good value.

Juddian:
Why would you risk your insurer denying a claim because you didn’t make full disclosure.

A serious enough bump could easily wipe you out financially, remember that house you paid for over many years of hard graft now worth north of £250K, well if you caused someone to have life changing injuries the insurer might pay them out as a third party claim in order to keep their reputation, but without a doubt they’ll come to you, the person who lied at the time, for the money.

A good opportunity to re-iterate for those who work at more than one site, check the small print, most policies that include commuting are to one place of work only, so class 1 business use is required, again another risk not worth taking…just out of interest Direct Line include business use in their comp policies, and by not paying the comparison sites (you won’t find them on there) their policies are very good value.

Just don’t hit anybody or anything and you don’t need to worry about any of this - plain and simple.

ETS:

Juddian:

Just don’t hit anybody or anything and you don’t need to worry about any of this - plain and simple.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: christ almighty

nightline:
All a load of bollox
Why would you report a clame in work to your private car insurance
Is there any question in the form asking have you had a claim in your work
What a load of crap replys
Unbelievably

I see the village idiot has chimed in, one who apparently is completely unaware there are these things called computers and databases that store information which can be shared.

You legally have to report any accident you’ve been involved in. To not do so is classed as making a false statement and fraud.

There are questions asking you if you’ve been involved in an accident, it doesn’t specify whether work or not.

Doesn’t matter that you say nothing to the insurance companies because the entire insurance industry have a great big database they can all access with details of all claims including ones from your employer which will have your name on as the driver when the incident occurred. So all they’ll do because you think you’re clever is use the fact you said nothing to nobody to throw your claim out, cancelling your insurance with no refund as well and if they’ve had to pay out to a third party to use that to sue you for all the money they’ve had to pay out. If you’re really unlucky you may find out as some have that a police officer from City of London police is turning up to arrest you for insurance fraud.