Question about accidents at work

Evening,

I was just wondering, I know you are supposed to tell your car insurance if you have an accident in the truck on works insurance but does anybody actually tell them?

Cheers.

Stinkymittens:
Evening,

I was just wondering, I know you are supposed to tell your car insurance if you have an accident in the truck on works insurance but does anybody actually tell them?

Cheers.

I questioned my insurance on this and they didn’t mind what accidents i had in company trucks. Best question it just so your covered.

If where talking about you own personal insurance in your own car then no… Naff all to do with your insurance company unless you get points for speeding, get banned for going to ■■■■■■ fast…etc etc

I think you’ll find that you DO have to report any accident to your own insurance co. If you don’t they’ll likely invoke their get-- out clause in the event of a claim.
I had a minor bump driving someone else’s car. Didn’t think any more of it, but when I renewed my own insurance I queried the increase in premium. They said it was because of the minor bump, so they knew about it even though I hadn’t told them.
My advice would be to tell your insurance company everything, cos if you don’t they’ll find out anyway, and you could find yourself paying all that hefty premium for nowt…

If you’re involved in a claim then your details will be added to the CUE database. I’ve had this and got a call from my insurers saying my premium would go up as I’d made a claim. I was not at fault so didn’t actually claim on my policy so they’ve now kept my premium the same.
The lady at the insurers did say I was unlucky as they probably only check 1 in 1000