question

if you have a minor accident in work truck do you need to declare to your own car insurance?

YES

Minor accident, major accident, fines, points, in fact anything incurred whilst paid driving should be declared. All will affect your own personal renewal premium and if your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend etc wish to put you on their own policy as a named driver then they will pay an increased premium too.
I was always amazed at the amount of HGV drivers who didn’t realise that points and penalty’s incurred whilst at work, driving a truck, would affect their own personal insurance premiums.

You only need to declare it if an insurance company has been used.
So don’t jump the gun, insurance companies only know about accidents if people tell them. Maybe check with your employer.

Deny everything, admit nothing.

A.

Words of advice.

If you have accident in your company vehicle, do not use your home address on anything relating to the incident(use the company,address), as this leaves you open for all manor of claims from the other party using the third party rule, some ■■■■ company’s have been known to try and claim the full ammont from you, and they also try to claim the excess back as well, which can lead to ccj, extra.

And you do not have to inform your insurance if you had an incident in a company motor, and the cannot inform others without your written permissions, data protection act.

The whiter than white, holy than thow brigade will start shouting about now.

biggriffin:
Words of advice.

If you have accident in your company vehicle, do not use your home address on anything relating to the incident(use the company,address), as this leaves you open for all manor of claims from the other party using the third party rule, some [zb] company’s have been known to try and claim the full ammont from you, and they also try to claim the excess back as well, which can lead to ccj, extra.

And you do not have to inform your insurance if you had an incident in a company motor, and the cannot inform others without your written permissions, data protection act.

So when on renewal they ask if you have been involved in an accident do you lie and say no when everything is checkable on a computer somewhere.

mac12:

biggriffin:
Words of advice.

If you have accident in your company vehicle, do not use your home address on anything relating to the incident(use the company,address), as this leaves you open for all manor of claims from the other party using the third party rule, some [zb] company’s have been known to try and claim the full ammont from you, and they also try to claim the excess back as well, which can lead to ccj, extra.

So when on renewal they ask if you have been involved in an accident do you lie and say no when everything is checkable on a computer somewhere.

You don’t lie the exact words are
“I haven’t had any accidents in my car”

Listen to the question and answer accordingly, chose your words carefully. It’s what all barristers and qc do in court.

Have yet to know of anybody who has had problems,

biggriffin:

By whiter than white you actually mean people who know what they’re talking about instead of yet another halfwit regurgitating bollox he’s heard from equally stupid people in RDC waiting rooms?

When you have an accident in your truck and a claim is made YOUR DETAILS are recorded on the Motor Insurance Database. That means that when you insure your car, say you’ve not had any accidents when asked that they can find out. That either results in insurance being cancelled - something you’ll then have to declare when getting a new policy and which will up your premiums - or they’ll refuse to pay you out if you claim and can sue you for the costs of what they pay out to a third party if you have an accident where you’re at fault.

Have you ever been disqualified is a different question to Have you been disqualified in the last five years?
Do you park on your drive is checkable in Google maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biggriffin:
You don’t lie the exact words are
“I haven’t had any accidents in my car”

Listen to the question and answer accordingly, chose your words carefully. It’s what all barristers and qc do in court.

Have yet to know of anybody who has had problems,

Can you tell me where the box to tick for that is on a comparison website?

Wheel Nut:
Have you ever been disqualified is a different question to Have you been disqualified in the last five years?

What a load of utter bullocks.

Last I checked Google street view shows during the day, my renewal asked me where my car was kept overnight.

It’s also years out of date, I don’t think admiral sit and trawl through Google to spy what cars in your drive.

A.

Adonis.:

Wheel Nut:

Last I checked Google street view shows during the day, my renewal asked me where my car was kept overnight.

It’s also years out of date, I don’t think admiral sit and trawl through Google to spy what cars in your drive.

A.

But they can check if you actually have a drive, and it takes seconds,

Wheel Nut:

Adonis.:

Wheel Nut:

A.

But they can check if you actually have a drive, and it takes seconds,

So they go on and see no drive. Who says you haven’t built one since the picture was taken?

A.

I am with biggriffin, don’t lie, just answer the questions, don’t volunteer any further information than they ask for, they can and do use local information. Street view is an example. I can see which room or pub our “daughter” is in through Snapchat and can tell where her car is parked using black box technology and it’s all legal

I Agree it should be reported, but as its a seperate insurance company to mine, i will tell them only what i have to, and never ever tell them of what happened at work.

If they can…

Find out regardless of what you say as to wether you’ve been involved in an accident, why do they ask the question in the first place?

yourhavingalarf:
If they can…

Find out regardless of what you say as to wether you’ve been involved in an accident, why do they ask the question in the first place?

They’ll take any statement you make at face value. Wait until you have the misfortune to make a claim though… :wink:

Insurance companies don’t mind you having accidents, drink driving is the one they are concerned with. Drugs is another one they don’t like. Accidents happen and you may not be to blame so it is of no interest to them. I have written trucks off before today and it hasn’t affected me in the least.