Wiseman drivers

Hello everyone. Me again. :smiley: There is a strong possibility I’m gonna be landing a class 2 driving job at wisemans. I’ve heard rumours that they are screaming out for drivers at the mo and the depot I have applied at are recruiting drivers. I was told on the phone by them that it is shift work starting between 1-5 am and either 4 or 5 days. Anyone know what their hourly rate is? I know they pay double bubble for Sunday’s and time and a half forsaturdays and overnight and anything over 39hrs. Also what’s the work like? Is it hard to do and how long does a shift last roughly? I can cope with 1am starts cuz I’m currently working nights and have been for the past 6 years. If there is any wiseman drivers reading this, what would they like to hear should I get an interview?

Cheers again

The do milk normally in cages so just be careful with them you have to unload your self & collect the empties from what I have seen & heard although never done it

They use tail lifts for this

Good luck with it sorry dont really know much more than that

clint thee trucker,

if my application at williams shipping doesnt go well i have an application for RW too! i used to be a tescos manager and we used to recieve deliverires from them…all it is is a case of multi drop they drop us our milk we sign for it they take our empties off the go again. so from a stores point of veiw very easy lol but from a drivers point of view i couldnt tell u any more! pay sounds good keep me updated with rate and if u get the job mate!

cheers

jimmy

its all cage work, delivering full ones and collecting empties,

isnt exactly a hard job, tail lift is used for most deliveries but when its places like tesco etc its their loading bays

Get in there and earn some Moolah mucka! :smiley:

I work for “britains number one” supermarket at the mo as a backdoorman on nights. I also deal with wiseman deliveries but we have artics deliver to us, from a different depot to the one I have applied at. From what the driver has told me class 1 and 2 pay is different. Same goes for the hours started. Class 1 drivers start at about9pm where as class 2 drivers start anywhere between 1-5am. One good thing I put on my application form is that as in my current job dealing with wisemans I am used to the units and layers system they use. I know what a pain in the arse the cages can be. The amount of time I’ve had one go over and got splattered with milk. :blush: I will try and find out from te driver what the hourly rate is for class 2.

Get in there and earn some Moolah mucka!

That’s the plan mate :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

jimmypk:
clint thee trucker,

if my application at williams shipping doesnt go well i have an application for RW too! i used to be a tescos manager and we used to recieve deliverires from them…all it is is a case of multi drop they drop us our milk we sign for it they take our empties off the go again. so from a stores point of veiw very easy lol but from a drivers point of view i couldnt tell u any more! pay sounds good keep me updated with rate and if u get the job mate!

cheers

jimmy

jimmy i think you’ll find its not as simple as you make it out to be . you first have to get the halfwit who works in the tesco loading bay to open the gates without making you wait for an hour , i’m quite sure there are plenty drivers , stobarts included , that will agree with me . you then have to suffer the next tesco loading scrote complain that he’s been waiting for you but wont accept that it was the previous branch that made you late …

the problem with tesco’s is that it looks all well and good from the customer point of view but they should try delivering to them …
i hate tesco with a passion can you tell ? so much so i refuse to shop there anymore .

sorry if i’ve highjacked the thread but its the way it is , i’ve stood waiting , with wiseman men aswell and you will pull your hair out at times and you will never know why …

:laughing: :open_mouth:

Don’t remind me about Tesco’s, once had 6 small cases to deliver to Exeter Tesco, the plank at the back door expected me to wait 1-2hours for the artic to move, I basically GRABBED me sack truck and legged it up the steps whilst no one was lucking saved me a good 2hours wait. :cry:

jimmy i think you’ll find its not as simple as you make it out to be . you first have to get the halfwit who works in the tesco loading bay to open the gates without making you wait for an hour

Hey were not all halfwits youknow. Normally it’s the manager who makes the call on who comes in. What I normally do is if I have more than one truck wantIng to come in I let the drivers sort it out between themselves. I couldn’t give a toss which comes in first, it all has to be unloaded at some point.

A mate used to work at Trafford park Depot,
2.30am start, I used to meet him at 8am ish in a cafe near me for brekkie and he had finished, he used to roll back in the depot for about 10/10.30.
Dont think the money is amazing, but its a wage and a start.

Just spoke to the wiseman driver who delivers to us. He said class 1 drivers are on £8.20 and he thinks class 2 drivers are on about £8.00 an hour. It’s 23% of that during 6pm - 6am. Double time for Sunday’s. Time and a half for Saturday’s and anything over 39hrs.

There was a guy on here who threw his toys out of his pram when he didn’t get a job there, i cant remember his name, but it was bloody funny.

Edit, found it. I hope you have a better attitude than this guy :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56880&hilit=wisemans

Haha that is bloody comedy genius. What a looser. I am really hoping of just getting an interview and with a miracle on my side a job offer. If not so be it. Mite be a case of phone them in 6 months and have better luck. Sounds like this is the only job this guy applied for and was really banking on it. I’ve applied for loads of work and some have invited me for interviews, regardless of being noobies. I hope this asses attitude isnt going to be portraied by other drivers as being the common attitude for new drivers.

C-Kay:
There was a guy on here who threw his toys out of his pram when he didn’t get a job there, i cant remember his name, but it was bloody funny.

Edit, found it. I hope you have a better attitude than this guy :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56880&hilit=wisemans

hi mate use to wrk for m d foods at oakthorpe/tilbury i left due to hrs travel every day good company to work for went as agency to full time sv

Clint.thee.trucker:
Hello everyone. Me again. :smiley: There is a strong possibility I’m gonna be landing a class 2 driving job at wisemans. I’ve heard rumours that they are screaming out for drivers at the mo and the depot I have applied at are recruiting drivers. I was told on the phone by them that it is shift work starting between 1-5 am and either 4 or 5 days. Anyone know what their hourly rate is? I know they pay double bubble for Sunday’s and time and a half forsaturdays and overnight and anything over 39hrs. Also what’s the work like? Is it hard to do and how long does a shift last roughly? I can cope with 1am starts cuz I’m currently working nights and have been for the past 6 years. If there is any wiseman drivers reading this, what would they like to hear should I get an interview?

Cheers again

Hi Clint.thee.trucker, I’m in the same boat, hope to find out if I got the job tomorrow. What depot have you applied to? Is it their new one at Amesbury■■?

They told me at the interview that the 5 day shifts are about 10hr/day & the 4 day shifts are 12. As I would have to drive 45 mins each way to get there, they said they’d try to get me the 4 day if I was successful so I would save a days travelling expenses.

I had a driving assessment (critical, but fair. Made quite a few silly mistakes but still passed it) then did a Drivers Reg test, literacy test & numeracy test (all multiple choice & quite easy) then had the “interview”. Quite friendly & informal. Like a numpty, I forgot to ask what the bloody pay rates were but they do have a 39hr basic week, but was told you’ll never do less than 48, so at least 9 hrs a week is on OT (help the hourly rate) plus shift allowance for the nights, so I expect it wont be too bad!!!

Good luck :slight_smile:

Yes it is the amesbury depot I have applied at. What was the driving assessment like? Did you still do all your vehicle checks before driving. What sort of questions were the literacy and maths ones. I’m gonna phone them today to see if they have looked at my application yet. I’m about 23 miles away from the depot and travelling is about 30 mins. How long u had ur licence nezza?

Clint.thee.trucker:
Yes it is the amesbury depot I have applied at. What was the driving assessment like? It was a 20 minute run around the local area, no exercises, just normal driving. Do the basics - mirors, signals, appropriate speed, etc - and you’ll be fine. The truck was a Scania with semi-auto box…this took some getting used to as I’d never driven a semi-auto before. Don’t worry about that the as the guy taking the assessment will help. Did you still do all your vehicle checks before driving. Yes. What sort of questions were the literacy and maths ones.Very basic stuff, and plenty of time to do them. Picking out the incorrectly spelt word in a line of text, understanding the context of a question, simple stuff really. Simple maths too. Just go slow and double/triple check your answers. I’m gonna phone them today to see if they have looked at my application yet. I’m about 23 miles away from the depot and travelling is about 30 mins. How long u had ur licence nezza?I passed on 8th December

Well done on the pass. And thanks a million for the info. Just gotta try and get a interview now. :confused: Passed my test 13th jan. Hope You get good news today. Keep us posted

Good luck with the job pal least it’s relatively east to get to on the A303!

i spoken to the bridgwater depot who also have vacancys have to ring back in two weeks