Robert Wiseman Dairies.

Anyone have upto date info on this company??
Are they any good?
What shifts and pay etc.
Do they take on drivers who have just passed their tests etc?
What depots do they have near Wolves?
I know of 2, which are Droitwich and Market Drayton.
I have done a site search and the postings on RW are over a year old and a lot can change in that time.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:
Big Lebowski.

about £400 per week was advertised at trafford depot, dont know much else cept maybe silly oclock start times for milk collection

Cheers mate.
Much appreciated.

BIG LEBOWSKI:
Do they take on drivers who have just passed their tests etc?

don’t know about new drivers but they do have their own training vehicles

They have some sort of depot at Willenhall opposite the Nightfright hub - at least they did a couple of years ago when I went there.

i did a bit for an agency on the milk, quite a steady number, stupid o clock starts though, used to do 15 17 drops a day round nottingham, once you knew the route it was easy, be careful of the trollys though as there all knackard and heavy but after a week you get used to it, the job teaches you how to get to tight shop rear doors and finding out how to get to the backs of shops is interesting, if you have just passed your test it is good practice, also theres hardly anyone about in the early hours so you can get it done quicker:

e.g. 4 am start, to nottingham first drop 05.15, then 15 drops done for 12.00, park up have a kip back to the yard and clock off at three/ four in the afternoon.
Great stuff.

Many thanks to all for info. :smiley:

there was a depot at ashmore lake ind est of the A462 clarkes lane,used to do most of mids,if still there(worked there 20 months ago).day runs can be to supermarkets for early milk,most big independent shops,etc,but the starts can be as early as 1 to 2am,nights are 2-3 pm mainly big stores,tesco,sainsbury.
most shifts are now 10 hours to cope with wtd or 4 x 12,4 on 3 off etc,doesnt take anynotice of P.O.A ,you are working or on break.night runs mostly 3-4 drops upto 99 trolleys,and old units that run day and night,but tend to keep same trailer most of time.some do trunking to manc or droitwich milk depots,i was moving south so left what was a good job with good hrs and pay.
i did nights starting at 2pm and finished by 1-2 am,wage was above avg for willenhall,compared to nightfreight,costins in that area.good uniforms,green shirts,bomber jackets,and black trousers,and its great in summer when hot outside and your in a nice cool fridge.cant help with upto date wage as its sure to have gone up?
hopefully if you do get in willenhall they have put some decent radios in the units,they all had the front removed when there,some worked only if you know what buttons to press with the front out.
best of luck.

Cheers mate! :smiley:
Thanks for the info and best of luck.
If you don’t mind me asking, what was the hourly rate when you was there?

BL.

have found a wage slip fromjuly/05 details are:

basic 24 hrs = 170.56
unsocial x 0.2 = 41.93
sat/prem 9.5 =101.27
sun/prem11.25 = 159.90
overtime 2.75 = 29.31

total pay 502.97 nett was 372.82

slips shows avg hr rate as 10.89
pay/hrs etc.

it helps if you do weekends with two days off in wk as sat is all time & half and sun double all day,my days off was wed/thu.

mark

Mate you are a star!
Many thanks for info.