Wincanton /st helens

Theres a big advert in local and national papers recruiting class1 drivers for wincanton but having phoned them and the recruitment agency up no-one will give anymore information away about the contract for ‘operational reasons’ :smiling_imp:

is this common practice :question:

and anyone know anything about this contract :question:

It most likely means that they dont actually have the contract at the moment, or it is due to start very soon. So if they told you who the customer was it would let the cat out of the bag early, and the current company would get wind of it etc etc.

wincanton at wigan is heinz. let me know what the ad said and ill see what they have to say. im in there at 5am tomorrow morning. they arent bad lads and are on about 24k yr for 200hr a month with overtime paid after 226 hr a month. benefits are good, bit iffy on the nights out but only some of the lads do them anyway. they run 03 erfs, not a lot of multidrops but ive never seen so many dirty wagons in one place!

amblezard:
wincanton at wigan is heinz. let me know what the ad said and ill see what they have to say. im in there at 5am tomorrow morning. they arent bad lads and are on about 24k yr for 200hr a month with overtime paid after 226 hr a month. benefits are good, bit iffy on the nights out but only some of the lads do them anyway. they run 03 erfs, not a lot of multidrops but ive never seen so many dirty wagons in one place!

i’ll send you a P.M with a link to the site

smcaul:
It most likely means that they dont actually have the contract at the moment, or it is due to start very soon. So if they told you who the customer was it would let the cat out of the bag early, and the current company would get wind of it etc etc.

thanks smcaul

says contract won,there going to send me an info pack out but the secrecy involved maybe it will be just blank paper :smiley: :smiley:

yeah they advertised up here too in wigan last year.

basicly its. heinz/matalan/somewhere else i can rememmber :unamused:

heinz at wigan. matalan/somewhere else skemersdale.

you get a weeks work but you could be any one of the above places.

the rates were comical… never bothered… maybe that’s the secret :wink:

I have received two voice messages on my mobile during the week from an agency in Runcorn informing me they were doing the driver recruitment for a “new contract” in St. Helens. The first message didn’t give the company name but the 2nd one did - Wincanton. Can only assume this is what you are referring to. The voice messages both quote day rate of £8.91 and night rate of £10.30 - can’t give you any more info because I haven’t called the agency back.
The agency in question by the way is ADR in Runcorn.

Tom

amblezard:
wincanton at wigan is heinz. let me know what the ad said and ill see what they have to say. im in there at 5am tomorrow morning.

Amblezard: was it you I was talking to at Poplar 2000 one night & told you about Trucknet when they were sweeping up around us & making us feel most unwelcome?

DaveL,

It could be the kwik save/somerfield rdc at St Helens the one near Suttons Transport.

JR

clyde21:
DaveL,

It could be the kwik save/somerfield rdc at St Helens the one near Suttons Transport.
JR

exel i think that one clyde

Dave L:

clyde21:
DaveL,

JR

exel i think that one clyde

yup its deffo Ex hell

Driveroneuk, yes that was me
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

the contract isnt with Heinz (straight from horses mouth)

they think it will probably be sainsburys (which is Haydock really) or possibly securicor!

At last I got us a new recruit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I’ve told so many.

Welcome to Trucknet Amblezard. (Better late than never!)

amblezard:
they think it will probably be sainsburys (which is Haydock really) or possibly securicor!

neither is wincanton though

says the vacancies are in “Bristol, Buntingford (Hertfordshire), Bellshill (Glasgow) and St Helens.”

clues here anyone :question:

Duff info :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

big mac anyone :question:

:wink: :wink:

Dave L

Iv’e got an interview next week for the St Helens job,still dont know who it’s for though will have to wait and see :unamused:

JR

clyde21

sent you a p.m mate

Dave L:
says the vacancies are in “Bristol, Buntingford (Hertfordshire), Bellshill (Glasgow) and St Helens.”

clues here anyone :question:

just a thought for wincanton,they have just changed their name again up here in the eurocentral nr glasgow.at 1st it was p&o then it was wincanton,now it’s back to p&o and this is heinz depot